Saturday, April 30, 2016 • Midnight Edition • "The CBR of comic book journalism."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Invincible vs. Ult. Spider-man

Which title has been more consistent in terms of quality

Invincible
71%

bkthomson, contramundi, CountD, Flynn the Pirate, GHERU, GiveWarAChance, GOSD, Grayson, guitarsmashley, Jack Burton, Keb, LobsterJ, McMonkey Nut, oogy, pastajoe
Ultimate Spider-man
29%

Chris, CoryCopeland, Frag, john lewis hawk, PDH, Zero
  Total votes : 21

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

nietoperz

The Goddamn Bat-min

Postby nietoperz » Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:03 am

LobsterJ wrote:I voted Invincible even though I've never read USM. :band But it is Bendis so I know its garbage and I love me some Invincible.

Just to say: I have never liked Bendis' work - not even Powers - until I read his X-Men. Seriously worth checking out.

CountD

Undead Member

Postby CountD » Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:21 am

kind of a silly question. Stop being silly, Hab.

habitual

Silly French Man

Postby habitual » Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:53 am

nietoperz wrote:
Just to say: I have never liked Bendis' work - not even Powers - until I read his X-Men. Seriously worth checking out.

Read Sam & Twitch, it's seriously good stuff.

Hab

habitual

Silly French Man

Postby habitual » Thu Jul 18, 2013 12:21 pm

I'm really surprised this isn't closer.

Hab

CountD

Undead Member

Postby CountD » Thu Jul 18, 2013 1:17 pm

habitual wrote:I'm really surprised this isn't closer.

Hab
:lol:

Chris

Rain Partier

Postby Chris » Thu Jul 18, 2013 2:14 pm

habitual wrote:A few weeks ago someone made a statement that Ultimate Spider-man was the most consistent title in terms of it's quality over the last decade and it struck me that Invincible was the only comic that could really compete with it in that regard.

What do you think, which title has been consistently better?

Hab

Ultimate Spider-Man. Invincible is good, and although I can't think of what specifically, I know there's been an arc or two that I wasn't feeling during its run.

I've pretty much loved all of USM, though, through the various volumes.

CountD

Undead Member

Postby CountD » Thu Jul 18, 2013 2:46 pm

Chris wrote:
Ultimate Spider-Man. Invincible is good, and although I can't think of what specifically, I know there's been an arc or two that I wasn't feeling during its run.

I've pretty much loved all of USM, though, through the various volumes.

I guess you like reading 'padding'. Remember that term in the old Rama days? lol

Frag

REAL OFFICIAL President of the Outhouse

Postby Frag » Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:11 pm

I can't believe Invincible is winning this. USM is the easy answer. Invincible has had some really boring plotlines (basically anything that doesn't have to do with Viltrumites).

Fables has also been more consistent. Other than the Crossover and Mr. Dark lasting too long, that series is the best.

But for this poll, USM.

GOSD

Everybody lies!

Postby GOSD » Thu Jul 18, 2013 6:34 pm

Latecomers = :smt011

Arion

Twenty-Something

Postby Arion » Thu Jul 18, 2013 7:20 pm

They're both pretty good. It's hard for me to decide, I haven't read enough of Ultimate Spidey and Invincible.

guitarsmashley

Regular-Sized Poster

Postby guitarsmashley » Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:12 pm

the turds that are ultimate venom and carnage, Bob Geldof make it consistently inconsistent.

john lewis hawk

Founder of The Outhouse

Postby john lewis hawk » Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:20 pm

Ultimate Spider-Man. I'm not a fan of non-Big Two superhero comics or Kirkman's comics so the choice is easy.

Keb

<( ' . ' )>

Postby Keb » Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:16 pm

Kirkman don't like you on some fuck yo couch shit!

john lewis hawk

Founder of The Outhouse

Postby john lewis hawk » Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:33 pm

Don't get mad. I ain't the one who fucked yo mom, Keb. It was Kirkman.

Keb

<( ' . ' )>

Postby Keb » Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:39 pm

Nah that was Rockman's mom and Dan Slott.

leave a comment with facebook