Advertisement

DC Shocker: Justin Jordan Walks Off Superboy

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

TimH
Post Whore

Liked in: 134 posts

Re: RE: DC Shocker: Justin Jordan Walks Off Superboy

Postby TimH » Thu Jul 18, 2013 6:53 am

Zechs wrote:I am still amazed Brian Azzarello STILL is writing Wonder Woman. It's a miracle!!

Keep it under your hat.

But, it is interesting that titles like Wonder Woman, Batwoman, and likely the Batman Beyond Universe (and maybe Smallville) are left completely alone while the bulk of titles are managed to death (and what a coincidence, I read all those "indie" titles... even when Batwoman gets too weird to follow, I reassure myself that J. H. Williams III is a tortured artist).

But yeah, I don't know what it is that Azzarello does to stay out of the DC cross hairs. I'd say it's because he sells books, but Simone sells books (Batgirl 65,000 ish) and she was fired "By accident" ("Did I fire you by email? I didn't mean to hit the send! I was just indulging in a personal fantasy!") DC even allows him to write-on unmolested despite Johns' promotion of a completely different character.

Advertisement

IvCNuB4
Staff Writer

Liked in: 200 posts
Title: Stop messing with my TITLE !

Re: DC Shocker: Justin Jordan Walks Off Superboy

Postby IvCNuB4 » Thu Jul 18, 2013 12:20 pm

S.F. Jude Terror wrote:My god, Lord Ice's sig is humongous. :lol:

Clearly he's over-compensating for something else :P
-
Victorian Squid wrote:In a DC/Marvel cross-over "all your favorite Marvel characters would catch contextually-transmitted diseases and Steph infections."

superfictious
Humuhumunukunukuapuaa

Liked in: 163 posts
Title: superfictious.wordpress.com

Postby superfictious » Thu Jul 18, 2013 12:37 pm

So let me get this straight: Jordan doesn't leave DC, but just leaves Superboy, for possible "creative and editorial reasons" as cited only by BC, who happens to be run by the publisher, Avatar, for whom it's suddenly announced, on BC, on the very next day, Jordan will be writing a title?

Stalzer2002
Motherfucker from Hell

Liked in: 23 posts

Postby Stalzer2002 » Thu Jul 18, 2013 1:31 pm

HNutz wrote:This is announced just in time for SDCC. Coincidence?

I'd love to write one. :)

So would most of the writers currently employed by DC.

achilles
Humuhumunukunukuapuaa

Liked in: 132 posts
Title: Much Eviler Than GOSD!

Postby achilles » Thu Jul 18, 2013 2:10 pm

SporkBot wrote:
Right. I recently remarked elsewhere that I have no faith in DC to realize what their problem is, and what actually needs fixing. My bro (who doesn't collect the superhero stuff anymore) retorted that declining sales would force them to realize there's a problem and adjust accordingly. And honestly, I don't think DC is capable of those connections accurately anymore. If I drop Batgirl, are they going to think that it's because of it's female writer? Because it's centered on a...GIRL? Or that some of these characters are just cheap attempts at shock value (new Ventriloquist) and some moments reek of pandering (like Babs flabbergasted at what "a real hero" Batwoman is)?

I think they've invested too much in this New52 venture, financially and emotionally, that they don't want to admit it was all a poorly-executed fan-fiction love letter to the 1990's. And when I hear things like Didio or someone blaming social media for their bad press...that sounds like utter denial at best, and stupidity at worst, in any event supporting my theory.

But, I'm always willing to see things from more than one side. So perhaps DC hasn't had as much experience with the well-thought-out arguments against their New52 changes. Maybe what they seem to be focusing on more, "you *expletive*-*expletive*s suck! You can *expletive expletive* orangutan *expletive* marinara sauce *expletive* on a train track! I could write better *expletive* than this!!!" There's a chance they've not read quite as much from the more discerning fans that can actually structure sentences and words in a readable form, in a cordial and respectful manner. Thus, from their perspective, they are left with only the idea that there's something wrong with social media's penchant for going viral for anything with the remotest hint of schadenfreude .

Although, I could totally write a better story than some these guys.

This. All of it. As for the last, any of us probably could. But we'd be crazy to try until they do a clean sweep of management and change their philosophy.
Achilles is the kind of evil that hollows out a volcano for a lair, and sends killer robots after his enemies.---Lord Simian

David Burszan
FACEBOOKTron

Liked in: 101 posts
Title: DOCILE ROBOT

RE: DC Shocker: Justin Jordan Walks Off Superboy

Postby David Burszan » Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:18 pm

"Reset the counter" makes me think of the clock in Pacific Rim. Whenever the count gets close to a week I know there's an article coming up.

HNutz
PЦИKЧ ВЯЁ&#106

Liked in: 374 posts

Postby HNutz » Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:44 pm

superfictious wrote:So let me get this straight: Jordan doesn't leave DC, but just leaves Superboy, for possible "creative and editorial reasons" as cited only by BC, who happens to be run by the publisher, Avatar, for whom it's suddenly announced, on BC, on the very next day, Jordan will be writing a title?

I'm sure all of that is just a coincidence...

:groucho:

Arion
Twenty-Something

Liked in: 92 posts
Title: www.artbyarion.blogspot.com

Postby Arion » Thu Jul 18, 2013 7:22 pm

HNutz wrote:This is announced just in time for SDCC. Coincidence?

I'd love to write one. :)

So do I. Especially because I could use the money.

Staxth Kai Burberry
FACEBOOKTron

Liked in: 101 posts
Title: DOCILE ROBOT

RE: DC Shocker: Justin Jordan Walks Off Superboy

Postby Staxth Kai Burberry » Mon Jul 22, 2013 4:19 am

SUPERBOY is yet another hero totally destroyed by the awful reboot and now selling less than before the Pu52! Nice job there Didiot!

Spektre
dINGO

Liked in: 98 posts

Re: RE: DC Shocker: Justin Jordan Walks Off Superboy

Postby Spektre » Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:47 pm

FBtron wrote:SUPERBOY is yet another hero totally destroyed by the awful reboot and now selling less than before the Pu52! Nice job there Didiot!

Seriously. The real universe has got to come back...right?
- Continuity is or it is not. There is no such thing as soft continuity.
- A character IS his continuity.
- Continuity is consistency of the characteristics of people, plot, objects, and places seen by the reader or viewer.

Arion
Twenty-Something

Liked in: 92 posts
Title: www.artbyarion.blogspot.com

Postby Arion » Mon Jul 22, 2013 3:22 pm

IvCNuB4 wrote:

Clearly he's over-compensating for something else :P

Oh yes, I understand, but over-compensating what exactly?

leave a comment with facebook

Previous

Return to The News Stand