Monday, May 30, 2016 • Afternoon Edition • "Ban Herald ASAP!"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Arrow Casts Caity Lotz as...The Black Canary?! (UPDATED)

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LOLtron

Rain Partier

Postby LOLtron » Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:13 am

Arrow Casts Caity Lotz as...The Black Canary?!

Doesn't that TV show already have one of those?

Source: The Wrap

The Wrap is reporting that Caity Lotz (The Pact) will be joining Arrow's cast as the Black Canary, a recurring role and love interest for Oliver in the CW's show's second season.  While some outlets are reporting that Lotz's character will be named Dinah Drake, the Wrap's report is a bit unclear on that tidbit.

Of course, fans of the show know that Arrow already has a potential Black Canary: Laurel "Dinah" Lance, played by female lead Katie Cassady.  There's been numerous easter eggs linking Laurel to Black Canary, including the character's love of sushi, her past use of fishnets and martial arts skills.  Laurel's mother, Dinah Lance, was played by Alex Kingston.

So what's exactly going on here?  Early theories range from Arrow making moves to cut Cassady's character out entirely (unlikely) to Lotz playing a younger version of Laurel's mother in flashbacks (also unlikely).  I personally have no clue what's going on, but I'm sure the Arrow showrunners will make things clearer soon.  One things for certain, it would be weird to have three characters named Dinah running around on the show. 

Written or Contributed by ThanosCopter

READ THIS ARTICLE ON THE FRONT PAGE, HUMANS!

nietoperz

The Goddamn Bat-min

Postby nietoperz » Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:19 am

I'm hoping this is a sign that Katie Cassady is on the way out. She's the weak link in the show IMO: no charisma and no chemistry with Stephen Amell.

IvCNuB4

Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:13 am

Yeah that would be weird having 3 characters with the same uncommon first name. Unless maybe it's revealed the current Dinah is an imposter or something.

This pic of the new chick totally looks like Black Canary, though.

StarCruncher

Outhouse Drafter

Postby StarCruncher » Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:10 am

Is she playing the supposedly-dead Drake sister?

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:21 am

Arrow wasn't cancelled?

Wow.

StarCruncher

Outhouse Drafter

Postby StarCruncher » Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:24 am

Punchy wrote:Arrow wasn't cancelled?

Wow.
Screw you - Arrow is awesome.

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:27 am

outsider wrote:Screw you - Arrow is awesome.

I never saw it, it's just that most shows don't make it past 1 season these days.

e_galston

Staff Writer

Postby e_galston » Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:34 am

Punchy wrote:
I never saw it, it's just that most shows don't make it past 1 season these days.

it had some of the best ratings for the network in years....

IvCNuB4

Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:01 pm

And the season finale was fucking amazing 8)

e_galston

Staff Writer

Postby e_galston » Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:03 pm

outsider wrote:Is she playing the supposedly-dead Drake sister?

we've seen her a few times so i'd say no...

TimH

dINGO

Postby TimH » Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:41 pm

I'm glad to read Caity Lotz will be playing another love interest for Ollie.

That means another season of Ollie stringing Laurel along and dragging her in the dirt....?

Trying to convince my wife to watch Arrow with me just got a little harder...

"But, honey, it's also a romance... well.... sort of.... a guy romance fantasy... um.... I swear to you that when Ollie cheats on Laurel, it's never serious.... in his heart he loves her truly and he always comes back again.... er.... for sex.... and to dump her again right after.... oh, dammit...."

Eric Ratcliffe

Staff Writer

Postby Eric Ratcliffe » Sat Jul 20, 2013 12:05 am

Punchy wrote:

dude what is with you lately? :smt011

Eric Ratcliffe

Staff Writer

Postby Eric Ratcliffe » Sat Jul 20, 2013 12:06 am

Also Guggenheim elaborate that she's not Black Canary but she does have some ties into what eventually makes Dinah become Canary.

HNutz

Rain Partier

Postby HNutz » Sat Jul 20, 2013 9:04 am

How was this updated?

Chris

Rain Partier

Postby Chris » Sat Jul 20, 2013 1:53 pm

This show was soooo bad for the first 6-10 episodes.. or however long it was until the winter break.

But when it came back in January or whenever, it was much improved and kept getting better as the season progressed. I'm very glad. The finale was good, if not a bit hokey..

I haven't kept up with the new info, though. So this chick ISN'T black canary?

Either way, I never really got the impression that they were going to go down that route with Laurel in the show, and they don't even call her Dinah, so it seemed odd that they would plan for her to still become Black Canary at some point.

I'm ok with a new character being Black Canary, or whatever.

leave a comment with facebook