Sunday, December 4, 2016 • Midnight Edition • "For when you've got nowhere else to go."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Justice League - Flashpoint Paradox was.....

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

fieldy snuts

Rain Partier

Postby fieldy snuts » Sat Jul 20, 2013 8:13 pm

It was pretty bad. The starting thing in the Flash museum was terrible with the bombs, the scene where he sets up an electric chair at Wayne manor is just as stupid as it was in the books, we still basically get no insight in why Barry Allen tried changing the past after all this time of being a hero (nor did they use johns plot thread that Zoom time traveled, killed her and framed his dad) and almost every fight was just fanservice that could safely result in death and carnage because there was a reset button at the end.

They spent more time fleshing out this alternate universe than they actually did telling a compelling story. It's the equivalent of a Michael Bay movie in terms of balancing story and dumb action.

Beast A La Mode

Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby Beast A La Mode » Sat Jul 20, 2013 8:49 pm

fieldy snuts wrote:It was pretty bad. The starting thing in the Flash museum was terrible with the bombs, the scene where he sets up an electric chair at Wayne manor is just as stupid as it was in the books, we still basically get no insight in why Barry Allen tried changing the past after all this time of being a hero (nor did they use johns plot thread that Zoom time traveled, killed her and framed his dad) and almost every fight was just fanservice that could safely result in death and carnage because there was a reset button at the end.

They spent more time fleshing out this alternate universe than they actually did telling a compelling story. It's the equivalent of a Michael Bay movie in terms of balancing story and dumb action.

Cool, I prefer action to formulaic, character driven narrative.

fieldy snuts

Rain Partier

Postby fieldy snuts » Sat Jul 20, 2013 9:16 pm

The Beast wrote:
Cool, I prefer action to formulaic, character driven narrative.

i suppose expecting a balance of both is too much for you then.

superfictious

Humuhumunukunukuapuaa

Postby superfictious » Sat Jul 20, 2013 9:20 pm

I liked it. It was the comic story distilled into all the good parts without most of the bull.

Spektre

penile prisoner

Postby Spektre » Sat Jul 20, 2013 10:56 pm

The Paradox is, "Why is anyone still buying these things when the real DCU is not being published?"

Beast A La Mode

Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby Beast A La Mode » Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:39 pm

fieldy snuts wrote:
I suppose expecting a balance of both is too much for you then.

I don't really need a balance when the visceral action is what I'm most interested in, especially with visual mediums like comic books and animation. It's pretty much all been done at this point so the fewer talking head frames there are, the happier I am.

fieldy snuts

Rain Partier

Postby fieldy snuts » Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:54 pm

The Beast wrote:
I don't really need a balance when the visceral action is what I'm most interested in, especially with visual mediums like comic books and animation. It's pretty much all been done at this point so the fewer talking head frames there are, the happier I am.

Looks like you're the one person that enjoyed Revenge of the Fallen.

Beast A La Mode

Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby Beast A La Mode » Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:16 pm

fieldy snuts wrote:

Looks like you're the one person that enjoyed Revenge of the Fallen.

Looks like you want to insult me over a difference in subjective tastes... :?

I've read enough feet of clay comic books to last me a life time. Less is more at this point when it comes to character development, especially with 50-75 year old franchises.

guitarsmashley

Regular-Sized Poster

Postby guitarsmashley » Tue Jul 23, 2013 1:27 pm

3 minutes in, Wally is still the better Flash.

T.S.S.-72

Rain Partier

Postby T.S.S.-72 » Tue Jul 23, 2013 1:56 pm

I enjoyed. Liked watching it more than reading it but I am in the minority that didn't think Flashpoint was all that bad of a story either. Definitely gonna pick up the bluray when it comes out next week.

IvCNuB4

Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:30 am

leave a comment with facebook