Advertisement

SDCC: It's Official: Superman/Batman Film Announced (Updated w/ Movie Logo)

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

chap22
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 175 posts
Title: Pretentious curmudgeon

Re: SDCC: It's Official: Superman/Batman Film Announced (Upd

Postby chap22 » Sun Jul 21, 2013 12:39 pm

3 early predictions:

1. This movie will not be good
2. This movie will print money
3. The movie will not beat Avengers or Avengers 2

Advertisement

carkey
cheese

Liked in: 105 posts

Postby carkey » Sun Jul 21, 2013 1:02 pm

I have high hopes for this movie. Regardless they will get my money :)

HNutz
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 1021 posts

Postby HNutz » Sun Jul 21, 2013 1:14 pm

chap22 wrote:3 early predictions:

1. This movie will not be good
2. This movie will print money
3. The movie will not beat Avengers or Avengers 2

4. There will be no laughs to be found anywhere.

(well, very few at least)

Herald
Fagorstorm

Liked in: 405 posts
Title: Fun for the Whole Family!!

Postby Herald » Sun Jul 21, 2013 2:17 pm

Black_Orchid wrote::smt015 Grim and gritty Batman meets edgy and angst Superman. I hear grey is the new black anyway.

That's the main problem with this proposed movie. What makes the World's Finest such an interesting team is the vast contrast in mindset between the two characters. But there's no real difference between Batman and Snyderman. This is little more than a "Who's angstier?" contest.

achilles
WTF is this rank?

Liked in: 339 posts
Title: Much Eviler Than GOSD!

Postby achilles » Sun Jul 21, 2013 3:02 pm

Herald wrote:
That's the main problem with this proposed movie. What makes the World's Finest such an interesting team is the vast contrast in mindset between the two characters. But there's no real difference between Batman and Snyderman. This is little more than a "Who's angstier?" contest.

Isn't that the DCnU as a whole? So...they're keeping with the comics...
Achilles is the kind of evil that hollows out a volcano for a lair, and sends killer robots after his enemies.---Lord Simian

Herald
Fagorstorm

Postby Herald » Sun Jul 21, 2013 3:24 pm

achilles wrote:
Isn't that the DCnU as a whole? So...they're keeping with the comics...

Not completely. Synderman was told that "maybe" he shouldn't save kids or even his father if his secret ID is at stake, and he was contrived into snapping a villain's neck. Therefore, he even out-angsts Nuperman. :wink:

Draco x
Zombie Guard

Liked in: 466 posts

Postby Draco x » Sun Jul 21, 2013 3:43 pm

alaska1125 wrote:Warner Brothers has no clue what to do with their properties. Man of Steel was, for all intents and purposes, passable at best. I love the Nolan DK trilogy, and it made buckets of money, but they aren't using that particular version of Batman. The less said about GL the better. Why this is firing up the fan base is confounding.

I have to agree here as the sad part is that DC has a lot of books and characters that they could turn into movies but apparently WB believes that Batman and Superman are the be-all, end-all of comicbook movies and refuses to move beyond that for the most part. For example, when are they ever going to come out with a Wonder Woman movie after all these years and what ever happened to the plans for the Captain Marvel, Doom Patrol, Teen Titans or Lobo films that were brought up awhile ago? I want to believe that DC movie-wise is going to be up there with Marvel but I have no faith that WB really has their best interests on a whole.

dairydead
Zombie Guard

Liked in: 239 posts

Postby dairydead » Sun Jul 21, 2013 3:50 pm

draco x wrote:
I have to agree here as the sad part is that DC has a lot of books and characters that they could turn into movies but apparently WB believes that Batman and Superman are the be-all, end-all of comicbook movies and refuses to move beyond that for the most part. For example, when are they ever going to come out with a Wonder Woman movie after all these years and what ever happened to the plans for the Captain Marvel, Doom Patrol, Teen Titans or Lobo films that were brought up awhile ago? I want to believe that DC movie-wise is going to be up there with Marvel but I have no faith that WB really has their best interests on a whole.

You know they announced a Flash movie, right?
The Firelord to Hawk's Galactus

Herald
Fagorstorm

Postby Herald » Sun Jul 21, 2013 3:53 pm

draco x wrote:

Therein lies the irony: DC/WB wants to emulate the Marvel movies' success, but they fail to realize that a major part of their success is that they DON'T just keep using the same few characters. We're getting a Guardians of the Galaxy movie, so when will Warners counter with L.E.G.I.O.N. or something (as opposed to Geoff's bestest pals, some color of Lantern)? Answer: NEVER.

They just don't get it.

Draco x
Zombie Guard

Postby Draco x » Sun Jul 21, 2013 4:22 pm

alaska1125 wrote:
Nolan. And it is a point. You don't have to agree with it to make it one. WB is an enormous corporate entity that has absorbed DC and their associated properties. Now, if you can't see that they looked at the box office and success of the Avengers related movies and decided they needed to chase that runaway train, then I can't help you.

Agreed. WB had years to develop a Justice League movie but choose to let that stay in development hell until the Avengers movie came out and did well. This was basically a knee-jerk reaction as far as I see it.

Draco x
Zombie Guard

Postby Draco x » Sun Jul 21, 2013 4:31 pm

dairydead wrote:You know they announced a Flash movie, right?

The the obvious questions are:

1. When will it actually come out rather than being stuck in development hell like the other DC movies I mentioned here?
2. Will it be a success like the Batman or Superman films or will it be suck like the TV movie from the 90's or the
other bombs like Green Lantern, Catwoman or Jonah Hex?

Draco x
Zombie Guard

Postby Draco x » Sun Jul 21, 2013 4:46 pm

Herald wrote:
Therein lies the irony: DC/WB wants to emulate the Marvel movies' success, but they fail to realize that a major part of their success is that they DON'T just keep using the same few characters. We're getting a Guardians of the Galaxy movie, so when will Warners counter with L.E.G.I.O.N. or something (as opposed to Geoff's bestest pals, some color of Lantern)? Answer: NEVER.

They just don't get it.

Precisely. And remember what I said awhile back about DC has so many venues they could use apart from the super-hero angle, Herald? They could do other genres like action, drama, horror, comedy or so on. You have stuff that has come out like the Losers, Red, Road To Perdition, A History Of Violence, Sgt. Bilko, Constantine, etc-but did DC or WB ever acknowledge their significance? Also, there are books like Warlord, Amethyst, Madame Xanadu, Fables, Rush City( Which is basically Fast & Furious in comicbook form), Green Team, Richard Dragon, Reign Of The Zodiac, Night Force, The Sandman, Xombi and many others they could use. Overall the sky is the limit with the source material DC has but as stated before WB believes that DC's relevance began and will end with Batman and Superman-which is sad. If WB/DC really got their shit together then Marvel would be in serious trouble movie-wise.

leave a comment with facebook

Previous

Return to The Asylum