Advertisement

SDCC: No Hank Pym in Avengers 2

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 88 posts
Title: Shitlord

Re: SDCC: No Hank Pym in Avengers 2

Postby Punchy » Sun Jul 21, 2013 3:48 pm

habitual wrote:The more I hear about this movie the more it sounds like it's going to be a tremendous flop.

Hab

Really? Avengers is the 3rd highest-grossing film of all time, as long as it's got the same actors and characters together, plus a different villain, it won't flop.

Advertisement

dairydead
Zombie Guard

Liked in: 170 posts

Re: RE: SDCC: No Hank Pym in Avengers 2

Postby dairydead » Sun Jul 21, 2013 3:49 pm

Stephen Day wrote:
See, here's what I don't get about this line of thinking -- why do the movie people even have to deal with it? Any movie version of the two characters would be starting out fresh. There's no law that says they ever have to have Hank hit Jan even once.

no! you're shining the Spektre-signal!
The Firelord to Hawk's Galactus

dairydead
Zombie Guard

Postby dairydead » Sun Jul 21, 2013 3:49 pm

habitual wrote:The more I hear about this movie the more it sounds like it's going to be a tremendous flop.

Hab

Itll flop because Hank Pym isn't in it? :smt017

habitual
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 200 posts
Title: Habinger of Doom!

Postby habitual » Sun Jul 21, 2013 3:54 pm

dairydead wrote:
Itll flop because Hank Pym isn't in it? :smt017

Is that what I said?

It's part of it, but, not the whole part.

Hab

dairydead
Zombie Guard

Postby dairydead » Sun Jul 21, 2013 4:01 pm

habitual wrote:
Is that what I said?

It's part of it, but, not the whole part.

Hab

You do understand that you're posting about this being a flop in the "No Hank Pym in Avengers 2" thread right? When you do your usual "I'm too good to explain myself" routine, people will assume what you're talking about.

And i hate doing this because i know this is the whole point of you being so vague all of the time, but what exactly about a sequel to the 3 highest grossing movie of all time will make it a flop?

habitual
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 200 posts
Title: Habinger of Doom!

Postby habitual » Sun Jul 21, 2013 4:08 pm

dairydead wrote:
You do understand that you're posting about this being a flop in the "No Hank Pym in Avengers 2" thread right? When you do your usual "I'm too good to explain myself" routine, people will assume what you're talking about.

And i hate doing this because i know this is the whole point of you being so vague all of the time, but what exactly about a sequel to the 3 highest grossing movie of all time will make it a flop?

I don't know what bug is up your ass right now Dairy, but, I just said I think this movie was going to flop based on what I've read.

If you have a problem with that I don't really give a damn.

Hab

S.F. Jude Terror
OMCTO

Liked in: 952 posts
Title: Webmaster Supreme
Formerly: Dr. Jude Terror

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Sun Jul 21, 2013 4:17 pm

:lol:
I LOVE BLUD BLOOD! - Rob Liefeld

e_galston
Staff Writer

Liked in: 517 posts
Formerly: Sitebreaker

Postby e_galston » Sun Jul 21, 2013 4:38 pm

haven't they always said that they weren't gonna introduce Hank Pym until Ant-Man???

Draco x
Zombie Guard

Liked in: 382 posts

Postby Draco x » Sun Jul 21, 2013 4:59 pm

Ok, I thought Avengers 2 was going to be about the team facing Thanos, so I was very surprised to see that it's going to be about Ultron instead. Am I to assume that Thanos will be appearing in the Guardians Of The Galaxy film instead? So confused here.

e_galston
Staff Writer

Liked in: 517 posts
Formerly: Sitebreaker

Postby e_galston » Sun Jul 21, 2013 5:07 pm

draco x wrote:Ok, I thought Avengers 2 was going to be about the team facing Thanos, so I was very surprised to see that it's going to be about Ultron instead. Am I to assume that Thanos will be appearing in the Guardians Of The Galaxy film instead? So confused here.

well unless they change things or just don't want to announce who's playing him, doesn't look like it, as The Collector, Ronan The Accuser, Nebula and another Kree Accuser seem to be the bad guys in Guardians of the Galaxy... I honestly think they are gonna hold off on Thanos till the third movie...

Draco x
Zombie Guard

Postby Draco x » Sun Jul 21, 2013 5:25 pm

e_galston wrote:
well unless they change things or just don't want to announce who's playing him, doesn't look like it, as The Collector, Ronan The Accuser, Nebula and another Kree Accuser seem to be the bad guys in Guardians of the Galaxy... I honestly think they are gonna hold off on Thanos till the third movie...

I hope not as it would make no sense to have shown him at the end of the first Avengers movie and then not have him appear in the second one. I would rather they use Thanos in Avengers 2 and then have Ultron mentioned and then appear in the third one.

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 1070 posts
Title: The Intersect
Formerly: Sakie

Postby Grayson » Sun Jul 21, 2013 5:40 pm

draco x wrote:I hope not as it would make no sense to have shown him at the end of the first Avengers movie and then not have him appear in the second one. I would rather they use Thanos in Avengers 2 and then have Ultron mentioned and then appear in the third one.

Even though it looks like Thanos won't appear in the Guardians of the Galaxy film, his presence will more than likely be felt. The same will probably be true with Avengers 2. Instead of simply tossing him into the sequel because of the cameo at the end of the first film, it looks like Joss Whedon intends to take his time introducing the character. As much as I love Thanos as a character and want to see him on the big screen, I prefer that they take their time with him and introduce him properly.
ImageImageImage

Draco x
Zombie Guard

Postby Draco x » Sun Jul 21, 2013 5:44 pm

Grayson wrote:
Even though it looks like Thanos won't appear in the Guardians of the Galaxy film, his presence will more than likely be felt. The same will probably be true with Avengers 2. Instead of simply tossing him into the sequel because of the cameo at the end of the first film, it looks like Joss Whedon intends to take his time introducing the character. As much as I love Thanos as a character and want to see him on the big screen, I prefer that they take their time with him and introduce him properly.

Hopefully. They will probably have him as a subplot in the second one or have it reveal he's working with Ultron behind the scenes just to build up for the third one.

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 1070 posts
Title: The Intersect
Formerly: Sakie

Postby Grayson » Sun Jul 21, 2013 5:55 pm

draco x wrote:Hopefully. They will probably have him as a subplot in the second one or have it reveal he's working with Ultron behind the scenes just to build up for the third one.

I think that the theory that Tony Stark will be responsible for building Ultron in the movie-verse will end up being correct and Thanos will corrupt the A.I. somehow. This of course will result in Ultron turning on the Avengers and humanity. Meanwhile, Tony Stark will be spared from any of the scrutiny that Hank Pym suffered from in the comics because the Avengers will discover that Ultron was hacked by extraterrestrial means.
ImageImageImage

Draco x
Zombie Guard

Postby Draco x » Sun Jul 21, 2013 5:57 pm

Grayson wrote:
I think that the theory that Tony Stark will be responsible for building Ultron in the movie-verse will end up being correct and Thanos will corrupt the A.I. somehow. This of course will result in Ultron turning on the Avengers and humanity. Meanwhile, Tony Stark will be spared from any of the scrutiny that Hank Pym suffered from in the comics because the Avengers will discover that Ultron was hacked by extraterrestrial means.

I like this angle a lot.

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The Asylum