Advertisement

SDCC: Flash and Justice League Movie in 2016 and 2017?

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

HNutz
PЦИKЧ ВЯЁ&#106

Liked in: 721 posts

Re: SDCC: Flash and Justice League Movie in 2016 and 2017?

Postby HNutz » Sat Jul 20, 2013 11:24 pm

The Beast wrote:
I used to want Ryan Reynolds for Flash long before the GL debacle

I can dig it. Should have been Flash (WW) instead of GL. Jensen Ackles should have been GL.

now I want Bradley Cooper.

He'd play a great Wally West Flash. Or Barry In Name Only.

But for a more traditional Flash...? I dunno, he seems too cool for that. Barry was always kinda boring IIRC.

Advertisement

syxxpakk
Wrasslin' Fan

Liked in: 111 posts
Title: The Wrasslin' Fan

Postby syxxpakk » Sat Jul 20, 2013 11:25 pm

I don't normally like playing the "this guy is funny so he should be this role" and "this guy is suave so he should be this role" because of Heath Ledger and all, but Ryan Reynolds totally should have been the Flash and Bradley Cooper totally should have been Green Lantern.

When you're as good as Chael, you can only call out people worse than you.

@syxxpakk on the Twitter.

Draco x
Zombie Guard

Liked in: 390 posts

Postby Draco x » Sun Jul 21, 2013 5:35 pm

doombug wrote:Which is fucked up, if there's one thing I hate that Johns did it's to bring Barry back. Barry died an amazing hero's death in the 80's and it allowed Wally to grow up and eventually become the hero we all know and loved.

Heck he was the best thing in the Justice league cartoon, he's the guy a majority of the casual audience knows.

And now he basically doesn't exist. I know I shouldn't constantly complain about it but he's my flash. I like Barry but Wally will always be my Flash. I go back issue hunting for the Waid run when I can. It's just how it is.

Transplanting Wally's personality to Barry in a movie would be super fucked up.

I so agree with Doombug here. I respect Barry Allen and all but he got a heroic sendoff and bringing him back served no purpose whatsoever. Plus, Wally honored his legacy and was well received by the fans-nobody for the most part was asking for Barry's return, so I don't know why DC decided that bringing him back was a good idea at all.

Draco x
Zombie Guard

Postby Draco x » Sun Jul 21, 2013 5:37 pm

Grayson wrote:Since we know that we won't be lucky enough to get a Wally West Flash movie, I am going to throw out the idea of Ryan Gosling for Barry Allen.

I would have rather they have used Ryan Gosling as Green Lantern in the movie ironically. He would have been so much better as Hal than Ryan Reynolds was.

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 1078 posts
Title: The Intersect
Formerly: Sakie

Postby Grayson » Sun Jul 21, 2013 5:45 pm

draco x wrote:I would have rather they have used Ryan Gosling as Green Lantern in the movie ironically. He would have been so much better as Hal than Ryan Reynolds was.

If I remember correctly Ryan Reynolds, Ryan Gosling, and Bradley Cooper were the last 3 names that were being tossed around for Hal Jordan before the studio ultimately gave the role to Reynolds. Honestly, I just don't see Ryan Gosling as any of the Green Lanterns but Bradley Cooper would be fantastic as Guy Gardner.
ImageImageImage

Draco x
Zombie Guard

Postby Draco x » Sun Jul 21, 2013 5:51 pm

Grayson wrote:
If I remember correctly Ryan Reynolds, Ryan Gosling, and Bradley Cooper were the last 3 names that were being tossed around for Hal Jordan before the studio ultimately gave the role to Reynolds. Honestly, I just don't see Ryan Gosling as any of the Green Lanterns but Bradley Cooper would be fantastic as Guy Gardner.

Well both of those guys would have been better choices than Reynolds anyday.

leave a comment with facebook

Previous

Return to The Asylum