Monday, June 27, 2016 • Evening Edition • "For when you've got nowhere else to go."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

SDCC: No Hank Pym in Avengers 2

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

User avatar

Grayson

Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Sun Jul 21, 2013 5:59 pm

draco x wrote:I like this angle a lot.


If Tony Stark creates Ultron and Ultron goes bad, then Tony Stark needs to be treated the same way that Hank Pym would have been treated for it. :smt013 :P
User avatar

Draco x

biny little tird

Postby Draco x » Sun Jul 21, 2013 6:36 pm

Grayson wrote:
If Tony Stark creates Ultron and Ultron goes bad, then Tony Stark needs to be treated the same way that Hank Pym would have been treated for it. :smt013 :P


Or you could have Hank Pym show up and smack Tony instead of Janet as a result.
User avatar

fieldy snuts

Rain Partier

Postby fieldy snuts » Sun Jul 21, 2013 6:55 pm

This is making me wonder: will ant-man be Eric or Scott Lang instead of Pym to swerve us?
User avatar

Draco x

biny little tird

Postby Draco x » Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:19 pm

fieldy snuts wrote:This is making me wonder: will ant-man be Eric or Scott Lang instead of Pym to swerve us?


Whether or not it's Hank, I do hope he makes it in one of the films as he should be included.
User avatar

fieldy snuts

Rain Partier

Postby fieldy snuts » Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:37 pm

draco x wrote:
Whether or not it's Hank, I do hope he makes it in one of the films as he should be included.


im thinking they're going to make ant-man someone else and go with hank pym as giant man to avoid assigning him a new name.
User avatar

e_galston

Staff Writer

Postby e_galston » Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:47 pm

fieldy snuts wrote:This is making me wonder: will ant-man be Eric or Scott Lang instead of Pym to swerve us?


Didn't Edgar Wright hint that it was gonna have two ant-men in it...hank in the past and another in the present, likely Scott...
User avatar

Lord Ice

Motherfucker from Hell

Postby Lord Ice » Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:20 pm

draco x wrote:
Or you could have Hank Pym show up and smack Tony instead of Janet as a result.


Well, someone should smack RDJ for that year of Saturday Night Live. :-D
User avatar

HNutz

Rain Partier

Postby HNutz » Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:38 pm

e_galston wrote:
Didn't Edgar Wright hint that it was gonna have two ant-men in it...hank in the past and another in the present, likely Scott...


So lets see...

1) Pym's in the Ant-Man movie
*) Creates blueprints/brain scans/what have you for Ultron
2) GotG is the next team movie
*) Thanos is the big bad in GotG. Maybe he's the force behind the GotG villains.
3) Tony Stark is in Avengers 2
*) Tony Stark does something with Ultron.
*) Somehow, Ultron leads into Thanos' attacking Earth in Avengers 3

(My theories are marked with asterisks)
User avatar

Lord Simian

The Lord of the Monkeys

Postby Lord Simian » Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:29 am

HNutz wrote:
So lets see...

1) Pym's in the Ant-Man movie
*) Creates blueprints/brain scans/what have you for Ultron
2) GotG is the next team movie
*) Thanos is the big bad in GotG. Maybe he's the force behind the GotG villains.
3) Tony Stark is in Avengers 2
*) Tony Stark does something with Ultron.
*) Somehow, Ultron leads into Thanos' attacking Earth in Avengers 3

(My theories are marked with asterisks)


The only trouble with pym creating blueprints is, I'm pretty sure Ant-Man is coming out after Avengers 2, isn't it?
User avatar

bkthomson

Rain Partier

Postby bkthomson » Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:59 am

Lord Simian wrote:
The only trouble with pym creating blueprints is, I'm pretty sure Ant-Man is coming out after Avengers 2, isn't it?


You are correct about Ant-Man it is post Avengers 2.

Really the Tony angle is the most suited for Ultron. I've seen some posts on other places giving a possible theory of busted Iron Man Armor with corrupted J.A.R.V.I.S. AI.
User avatar

outsider

Outhouse Drafter

Postby outsider » Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:10 am

LOLtron wrote:Our working theory is that Tony Stark, not Hank Pym, will create Ultron (and rumored character The Vision) in the movie. What do you think?
That's how Ultron was created in Next Avengers. While I like Hank and his many identities, it does streamline the process to have Tony create Ultron.

Plus the movies show he's already created A.I. with Jarvis.
User avatar

bkthomson

Rain Partier

Postby bkthomson » Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:14 am

outsider wrote:That's how Ultron was created in Next Avengers. While I like Hank and his many identities, it does streamline the process to have Tony create Ultron.

Plus the movies show he's already created A.I. with Jarvis.


Yeah, I think with Pym there is too much that needs to be setup for one movie that will be introducing two other characters (Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver) to give the Ultron angle enough merit, plus it would need to happen at least within the first 20 minutes of Avengers 2 to give the movies some wheels.
User avatar

outsider

Outhouse Drafter

Postby outsider » Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:48 am

Ultron could always be created by a villain with stolen Stark tech.
LOL - what if Hank Pym is the villain?! And in Irredeemable Ant-Man, Lang steals a villainHank's tech to become Ant-Man!
:lol: :lol: :lol: I'd so watch that to see the massive/collective fanboy head explosion. :fury:
User avatar

bkthomson

Rain Partier

Postby bkthomson » Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:18 am

outsider wrote:Ultron could always be created by a villain with stolen Stark tech.
LOL - what if Hank Pym is the villain?! And in Irredeemable Ant-Man, Lang steals a villainHank's tech to become Ant-Man!
:lol: :lol: :lol: I'd so watch that to see the massive/collective fanboy head explosion. :fury:

Hmm. I'd like that one.
User avatar

GOSD

Everybody lies!

Postby GOSD » Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:22 am

dairydead wrote:
no! you're shining the Spektre-signal!


:lol:

leave a comment with facebook


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Earth-2 NoctourneM, Flamebird, Grayson, Liam Moorhart, VaderTheTrader and 79 guests