Advertisement

SDCC: Marvel Announces Avengers: Age of Ultron Movie

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

fieldy snuts
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 6 posts
Title: Burrr
Formerly: Sweet James Jones

Re: SDCC: Marvel Announces Avengers: Age of Ultron Movie

Postby fieldy snuts » Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:02 pm

Chris wrote:
I think so, but only in a somewhat larger capacity than Avengers, IMO.

I think they're going for the slow build with him, culminating in Avengers 3: The Infinity Gauntlet.

An idea I had in another thread was that Thanos is the equivalent of Palpatine in Star Wars and will be behind the scenes and ultimately running the show till he steps into it front and center.

Advertisement

Chris
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 1 post
Title: Stuff Writer
Formerly: Chris

Postby Chris » Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:04 pm

fieldy snuts wrote:
An idea I had in another thread was that Thanos is the equivalent of Palpatine in Star Wars and will be behind the scenes and ultimately running the show till he steps into it front and center.

Yeah, that's what I meant by slow build and only a small role in GOTG.

Although I can't think of where else he would show up after GOTG before Avengers 3.

But if they're going with Ultron for A2, I'm almost positive Avengers 3 will be Infinity Gauntlet.

fieldy snuts
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Title: Burrr
Formerly: Sweet James Jones

Postby fieldy snuts » Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:06 pm

Chris wrote:
Yeah, that's what I meant by slow build and only a small role in GOTG.

Although I can't think of where else he would show up after GOTG before Avengers 3.

But if they're going with Ultron for A2, I'm almost positive Avengers 3 will be Infinity Gauntlet.

I reckon Thor 2. Asgard's been established as somewhere in space as are all the realms so maybe he's behind the elf thing somehow to further test Earth after Loki failed. Hell maybe Loki will even namedrop Thanos in Thor 2.

guitarsmashley
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Title: Self Important

Postby guitarsmashley » Mon Jul 22, 2013 8:23 am

Lionel Terror wrote:Hmmm...they might be making a big mistake on this one. My excito meter for Avengers 2 just plumeted

yup
doombug wrote:You really are the george carlin of the outhouse. that's fucking hilarious.

doombug wrote:and yeah, Yoni called it. :drunk

I feel like a condemned building with a brand new flag pole.
- Les Paul

LobsterJ
Great Scott!!!

Liked in: 0 post

Postby LobsterJ » Mon Jul 22, 2013 8:29 am

I think Thanos in GOTG and Ultron in Avengers 2 makes much more sense.

outsider
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 12 posts
Title: Absent
Formerly: Scantronman, _OM_ & cyclopsfan

Postby outsider » Mon Jul 22, 2013 8:35 am

Bianco wrote:I hope Thanos fits into this, I was looking forward to him being the main bad guy.
While some are claiming it will be the plot for Avengers 3, I'm honestly wondering if The Infinity Guantlet is going to be its own movie.
-

Chris
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 1 post
Title: Stuff Writer
Formerly: Chris

Postby Chris » Mon Jul 22, 2013 8:54 am

outsider wrote:While some are claiming it will be the plot for Avengers 3, I'm honestly wondering if The Infinity Guantlet is going to be its own movie.

Not if they want any of the Avengers in it. Especially Iron Man. Downey is only contracted for Avengers 2 and 3. I think the same goes for the rest... they're only contracted for 3 solo movies and the Avengers sequels.

And it would really take the wind out of thr Avengers' sails to not have the big Thanos payoff play out there.

Lord Simian
The Lord of the Monkeys

Liked in: 4 posts

Postby Lord Simian » Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:08 am

fieldy snuts wrote:
I reckon Thor 2. Asgard's been established as somewhere in space as are all the realms so maybe he's behind the elf thing somehow to further test Earth after Loki failed. Hell maybe Loki will even namedrop Thanos in Thor 2.

Plus, we know Thanos will have to mess with Asgard at SOME point, since the Infinity Gauntlet is there.

outsider
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 12 posts
Title: Absent
Formerly: Scantronman, _OM_ & cyclopsfan

Postby outsider » Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:28 am

Chris wrote:Not if they want any of the Avengers in it. Especially Iron Man. Downey is only contracted for Avengers 2 and 3. I think the same goes for the rest... they're only contracted for 3 solo movies and the Avengers sequels.

And it would really take the wind out of thr Avengers' sails to not have the big Thanos payoff play out there.
You're probably right, but I'm wondering if Marvel will use Avengers 2 & 3, as well as GotG, Ant-Man, Dr. Strange and who knows what other movies to universe-build to a point where ALL those franchises tie in to fight Thanos.

That could be the payoff for Stage 2? :smt102
-

leave a comment with facebook

Previous

Return to The Asylum