Advertisement

Justice League Of America #6 (Never heard you cough Spoilers

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 89 posts
Title: Shitlord

Justice League Of America #6 (Never heard you cough Spoilers

Postby Punchy » Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:58 am

Trinity War continues to be much better than I expected it to be. It seems a lot of people are hating on this crossover, probably just because it’s a crossover, but it’s actually pretty good. But then, I mostly enjoyed Age Of Ultron, so maybe there’s something wrong with me. Naaah.

This issue begins with the much awaited fight between the Justice Leagues, but I really liked how Johns and Lemire actually cut the fight short by Superman demanding to be arrested for ‘killing’ Doctor Light. Even though I’m not opposed to Superman killing (opens up the Man Of Steel Pandora’s Box…), that was a great moment, that Superman is so honourable that he demands to be taken in. Superman’s reaction to these events is fascinating in many ways, not least because he seems to be ill. Is this due to guilt? Is it psychosomatic? Or has been effected by Pandora’s Box?

The scene where Wonder Woman goes to interrogate Hephaestus (and man, it’s kind of weird seeing Azzarello and Chiang’s reinterpretations outside of their own book) was very interesting, as it revealed that there are forces at play here that go beyond the Greek Gods. Could it be the Judeo-Christian God? I find it fascinating how this event has the Justice Leagues being attacked by two seemingly separate threats, the Secret Society, and whatever’s going on with Pandora. Crazy shit is happening, and we don’t know who’s causing them, and whether they are linked or not.

One man who may know if they are is The Question, who makes a great appearance here. I’m a big fan of the classic Question, and think the idea of an immortal, mystical version of the character is kind of dumb, but his scenes here worked well, the ending especially. In amongst all of this madness, Johns and Lemire find room for some interesting character moments, like the conversation between Wonder Woman and Steve Trevor, or finding out more about Vibe.

This issue also brings in the Justice League Dark properly, they are investigating the explosion at Madame Xanadu’s, and Wonder Woman asks them for help with the Pandora’s Box mystery. I liked John Constantine instantly being wary of Wonder Woman, he’s such a great character. I’ve never read any JLD, but I’m picking it up for the crossover, I hope it’s good.

The art for this issue is from Doug Mahnke, who is not only a great superhero artist, but has experience of drawing the JLA and of drawing big epic crossover stuff, like Final Crisis. Even through a myriad of inkers, his style shines through. Even if you don’t like this story, you have to admit it looks good.

Advertisement

Stephen Day
Wrasslin' Fan

Liked in: 405 posts
Title: Maple Leaf Ninja

Re: Justice League Of America #6 (Never heard you cough Spoi

Postby Stephen Day » Mon Jul 22, 2013 8:05 pm

I couldn't agree with you more about the Question. His transformation into a cosmic entity still seems like a, "why did you need to do that" type thing rather than the, "wow, that's kind of cool" sort of thing I think DC was probably hoping for. I also agree with you about Superman. It was interesting to see his reaction to his accidental killing of Dr Light.

It's been a good crossover so far, better than I expected.

Thank you Troy for the sig

Spektre
Swedish Pinata of Death

Liked in: 254 posts

Postby Spektre » Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:04 pm

Seriously? Again? When is SnUperman going to start wearing the Punisher emblem.

:facepalm
- Continuity is or it is not. There is no such thing as soft continuity.
- A character IS his continuity.
- Continuity is consistency of the characteristics of people, plot, objects, and places seen by the reader or viewer.

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 89 posts
Title: Shitlord

Postby Punchy » Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:41 am

Spektre wrote:Seriously? Again? When is SnUperman going to start wearing the Punisher emblem.

:facepalm

You do realise Superman didn't actually kill Doctor Light.

holtom2000
Motherfucker from Hell

Liked in: 72 posts

Postby holtom2000 » Tue Jul 23, 2013 12:06 pm

im not shocked Johns can finally get around to telling a decent story but I really don't care for these characters anymore

S.F. Jude Terror
OMCTO

Liked in: 952 posts
Title: Webmaster Supreme
Formerly: Dr. Jude Terror

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Wed Jul 24, 2013 1:40 am

kethy wrote:I am a big player of this movie and I see this movie at list 10 times. I listen the different views about this movie but I feel it is all wrong. This issue begins with the much awaited fight between the Justice Leagues, but I really liked how Johns and Limier actually cut the fight short by Superman demanding to be arrested for ‘killing’ Doctor Light. Even though I'm not opposed to Superman killing (opens up the Man of Steel Pandora’s Box…), that was a great moment that Superman is so honourable that he demands to be taken in. It is my favourites movie and I hope you see this movie and like it much more.

They're making a movie out of this? Scoop!
I LOVE BLUD BLOOD! - Rob Liefeld

Lord Simian
The Lord of the Monkeys

Liked in: 303 posts

Postby Lord Simian » Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:36 am

Punchy wrote:
You do realise Superman didn't actually kill Doctor Light.

According to Spektre, Superman's never killed. Especially not the people he has killed. :P

syxxpakk
Wrasslin' Fan

Liked in: 111 posts
Title: The Wrasslin' Fan

Postby syxxpakk » Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:21 am

This was another fantastic issue. Can't wait to read the follow up in JLDark!

When you're as good as Chael, you can only call out people worse than you.

@syxxpakk on the Twitter.

superfictious
Humuhumunukunukuapuaa

Liked in: 180 posts
Title: superfictious.wordpress.com

Postby superfictious » Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:33 am

syxxpakk wrote:This was another fantastic issue. Can't wait to read the follow up in JLDark!

Rich is acting like a little bitch on BC about what happens next.

IvCNuB4
Staff Writer

Liked in: 414 posts
Title: Stop messing with my TITLE !

Postby IvCNuB4 » Wed Jul 24, 2013 11:48 am

I'm not entirely sure that Rich even really reads these issues before he posts his "spoilers". Hell, he didn't even know that Batman/Superman #2 was set on Earth 2 at first. He kept inferring that these were either future heroes or pre-NuDC versions :lol:

syxxpakk wrote:This was another fantastic issue. Can't wait to read the follow up in JLDark!

JLD #22 has a good last page reveal 8)
Victorian Squid wrote:In a DC/Marvel cross-over "all your favorite Marvel characters would catch contextually-transmitted diseases and Steph infections."

IvCNuB4
Staff Writer

Liked in: 414 posts
Title: Stop messing with my TITLE !

Postby IvCNuB4 » Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:41 pm

Punchy wrote:. Superman’s reaction to these events is fascinating in many ways, not least because he seems to be ill. Is this due to guilt? Is it psychosomatic? Or has been effected by Pandora’s Box?

I was just re-reading this issue. He also complains that his hearing is being affected. Between that and his cough I'm wondering if there isn't some type of entity inside him. Maybe a being who has a gaseous form or something that can take control of his physiology and powers. Hmmmm.

Also Vibe's line on page 6 about "I can sense something beyond our world ... not the Flash .." makes a whole lot more sense now that we know who the real puppet master villains are.
Victorian Squid wrote:In a DC/Marvel cross-over "all your favorite Marvel characters would catch contextually-transmitted diseases and Steph infections."

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand