Advertisement

Looking For A Colorist

Do you have a comic or other project you want to promote? Feel free to post about it here, but don't just post and run. Sticking around and joining in other discussions is the best way to get Outhousers interested in your work. These topics will also show up in The News Stand and The Asylum, for maximum exposure.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

capjr
cheese

Liked in: 1 post

Looking For A Colorist

Postby capjr » Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:49 pm

Looking for a colorist for a project that I am writing. Most of the pages have been inked at this point and we have a serious plan in place to push this project to be published. And yes, you will be paid for your time and work. If interested, please inbox me and let me know. Include an email and any questions so that I can communicate with you directly.

Advertisement

MyGfsDog
A Quagmire

Liked in: 0 post

Re: Looking For A Colorist

Postby MyGfsDog » Sat Jul 13, 2013 4:08 pm

It would be a good idea to post one or two pages of line art so that potential candidates can take a look before applying.

capjr
cheese

Postby capjr » Sat Jul 13, 2013 5:07 pm

I was thinking that if someone was interested they would pm me and then I would give them a rundown as well as request a sample prior me sending them a page for a "trial run"if you will. Just throwing a page up doesn't seem like a good idea to me.

Does anyone agree or disagree with me? If so, why?

MyGfsDog
A Quagmire

Postby MyGfsDog » Sat Jul 13, 2013 7:17 pm

Putting up a sample page is actually more for your benefit than theirs. If the art is complex, it will help weed out under-qualified people.

Whenever I make a post looking for help, I give more info right away such as a sample image, the production time-frame involved, number of pages, and pay range. This makes it a lot easier to find someone, I feel. It also shows that you are willing to take that little extra step and take the process more seriously and professionally. No offense.

Also, if you want people to color a sample page as part of the process, please be willing to pay at least a modest fee. It not only shows them that you respect their time and efforts, but it also shows that you are not just gathering up a bunch of different colorists to color all the different pages of the book for free (some really sick people do in fact do this).

capjr
cheese

Postby capjr » Sat Jul 13, 2013 8:31 pm

Great feed back. Never looked at it from the perspective. And no offense is taken. Completely understand that frame of thought.

Well, just to give a little... here's page 1...

capjr
cheese

Postby capjr » Mon Jul 15, 2013 8:02 pm

Thanks to everyone that at least took a look. We now have a colorist for the project. I'll create a thread later with updates if anyone is interested. Maybe a blog?

MyGfsDog
A Quagmire

Postby MyGfsDog » Wed Jul 24, 2013 3:20 pm

Great to hear! I hope they are a great asset to the project.

capjr
cheese

Postby capjr » Wed Jul 24, 2013 3:44 pm

Thanks!

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The Creator's Corner