Advertisement

Kari no Anime & Manga Thread

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

fieldy snuts
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 307 posts
Title: Burrr
Formerly: Sweet James Jones

Re: Kari no Anime & Manga Thread

Postby fieldy snuts » Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:46 pm

Herald wrote:
"Don't"?? I haven't seen it YET. Key word: YET. I've seen the first series. :P

Zechs isn't gonna like what they've done to Roberta, huh...

Protagonist Journey to Villain

I don't care what Fieldy don't allow!
Gonna trope this series anyhow!! :P

Yeah, that was the original series' intent. Good to hear that this run aims for more.

Roberta's ending made me spit-take but i liked it. Despite not understanding how she lost her left arm. I know she injured here eye in the fight, her right leg got shot to hell and was just being dragged along but she was using her left arm right up until the end. but in terms of her fate it actually made sense to make her final defeat that more definitive. she was unstoppable throughout the series but in the end when she broke we see that she's still ultimately human and not the T-1000.

Advertisement

Arion
Twenty-Something

Liked in: 122 posts
Title: www.artbyarion.blogspot.com

Postby Arion » Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:48 pm

If anyone has a couple of seconds to spare I'd love to get at least 1 comment in my blog:
http://artbyarion.blogspot.com/2013/07/ ... cundo.html

Herald
Fagorstorm

Liked in: 399 posts
Title: Fun for the Whole Family!!

Postby Herald » Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:57 pm

fieldy snuts wrote:don't think he's a villain, more an antihero. the death of the yakuza daughter from second barrage finally made him snap to the point where he pushed back on chang aka the john woo inspired former gun-fu cop.

that's something for you to trope there :P

Just because he hasn't arrived at his ultimate destination yet, that doesn't mean he isn't Journeying there... :wink:

As you mentioned, he lives in a Wretched Hive now, and it's already corrupted him as far as it has. The longer he stays there, the closer he's coming to the same out-and-out darkness as everyone else who resides there.
Last edited by Herald on Tue Jul 23, 2013 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Herald
Fagorstorm

Postby Herald » Tue Jul 23, 2013 8:00 pm

fieldy snuts wrote:
Roberta's ending made me spit-take but i liked it. Despite not understanding how she lost her left arm. I know she injured here eye in the fight, her right leg got shot to hell and was just being dragged along but she was using her left arm right up until the end. but in terms of her fate it actually made sense to make her final defeat that more definitive. she was unstoppable throughout the series but in the end when she broke we see that she's still ultimately human and not the T-1000.

But Determinators are COOL!

fieldy snuts
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 307 posts
Title: Burrr
Formerly: Sweet James Jones

Postby fieldy snuts » Tue Jul 23, 2013 8:09 pm

it was the only way to effectively end that story. i understand the maiming is a departure from the manga (found when trying to find an explanation for wtf happened to her left arm) but the writer approved it so i'm guessing he shares that sentiment.

still annoyed the current story is still playing out in magazines. probably means it'll be 2 years till we see it on the screen :P

Herald
Fagorstorm

Postby Herald » Tue Jul 23, 2013 8:36 pm

fieldy snuts wrote:it was the only way to effectively end that story.

"End"?? She's still alive, ain't she?? :?

"We Can REBUILD Her..." after all. If you thought she was the T-1000 before... :twisted:

i understand the maiming is a departure from the manga (found when trying to find an explanation for wtf happened to her left arm) but the writer approved it so i'm guessing he shares that sentiment.

Maybe not. Anime series often depart from their source material for one reason or another, so this departure would just be par for the course. If Akira Toriyama couldn't keep Dragon Ball GT from being made, I'm not sure Rei Hiroe could stop a few changes in his story from happening, even if he wanted to.

still annoyed the current story is still playing out in magazines. probably means it'll be 2 years till we see it on the screen :P

Actually, according to the Black Lagoon trope page, the manga had a Schedule Slip for almost 3 years, but has recently resumed, so maybe we'll see more of the anime sooner than that. Fingers crossed! :D

Arion
Twenty-Something

Postby Arion » Tue Jul 23, 2013 8:54 pm

Herald wrote:
But Determinators are COOL!

Good name.

sdsichero
2k11 Outhouse People's Champion

Liked in: 808 posts
Title: It's a thing
Formerly: beta-ray

Postby sdsichero » Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:46 pm

NEGA, Persona Creators Make Anime-Live Action Film Mint

NEGA Design Works announced on Friday that it is producing a new anime-live action movie called Mint. Shutaro Oku (USB, Visualive Persona 4 the Evolution stage play) is directing the overall film while Kazuchika Kise (Ghost in the Shell Arise, Tansuwarashi) of Production I.G is directing the animation production. Index's Shoji Meguro (Persona 4, Persona 3 The Movie #1 Spring of Birth) is composing the music, and the screenplay will be written by Jun Kumagai (Persona 3 The Movie #1 Spring of Birth, Persona 4 The Animation episodes, Aura: Maryūinkōga Saigo no Tatakai). The film will combine both live action actors and animation techniques to create the final product.

The story is set in the near future, when the government has created a new social networking service called "Mint System" to help the children admitted into the National Children's Medical Centers throughout Japan. Hiro is a boy in the hospital with an incurable disease. Hiro meets a girl named Nana, and the two of them work together to overcome their sicknesses.

Mint is the latest effort to combine anime and live-action.

sdsichero

Postby sdsichero » Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:53 pm

Final Gundam UC Volume Extended to About 90 Minutes

Yuko Soen, Bandai Visual's chief producer for the Mobile Suit Gundam UC anime series, confirmed with the Bunka Tsūshin website on June 4 that the anime's last volume will be longer than the previous ones. Whereas the previous six volumes were each about 60 minutes long, the staff is planning the next one to be in the 90-minute range.

Herald
Fagorstorm

Postby Herald » Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:27 pm

Arion wrote:
Good name.

:-D

Arion
Twenty-Something

Postby Arion » Wed Jul 24, 2013 3:32 pm

So has it happened to you that you wait till noon to have a drink (because if you drink in the morning that means you're an alcoholic), and as soon as it's noon you drink so much that you start feeling toatally drunk?

sdsichero

Postby sdsichero » Wed Jul 24, 2013 3:42 pm

Arion wrote:So has it happened to you that you wait till noon to have a drink (because if you drink in the morning that means you're an alcoholic), and as soon as it's noon you drink so much that you start feeling toatally drunk?

I don't drink alcohol

sdsichero

Arion
Twenty-Something

Postby Arion » Wed Jul 24, 2013 5:26 pm

sdsichero wrote:
I don't drink alcohol

I think it's about time I create a thread for those who enjoy a drink every now and then... it could be a good thread, right?

The Old Doctor
A Damn Cuddly Beast

Liked in: 1094 posts
Formerly: /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\

Postby The Old Doctor » Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:12 pm

Arion wrote:
I think it's about time I create a thread for those who enjoy a drink every now and then... it could be a good thread, right?

:smt011
"Why are you pointing your screwdrivers like that? They're scientific instruments, not water pistols."
"Oh, the pointing again! They're screwdrivers! What are you going to do? Assemble a cabinet at them?"
"Are you capable of speaking without flapping your hands about?"
""Timey" what? "Timey wimey"?"

IvCNuB4 wrote:The Old Doctor is Cat-Scratch ?
Well that explains a lot :lol:

BubbaKanoosh wrote:Old Doctor is the NuDCU's Catscratch

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The Asylum