Advertisement

First Look at Star Wars: Rebels

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LOLtron
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 10 posts

Postby LOLtron » Sat Jul 27, 2013 12:33 pm

At Star Wars Celebration: Europe we got our first look at the new Star Wars cartoon, Star Wars: Rebels!

Today at Star Wars Celeberation: Europe, Dave Filoni, the executive producer for Star Wars: Rebels, showed off the first concept art designs of the show. The concept art shows of the protagonist's ship for the series called the Ghost, TIE Fighters, the designs for the Storm Trooper (which looked ripped from art by Ralph McQuarrie), an Astro-mech, protocol droid (no the two shown at the panel aren't R2 or C3PO, though Filoni said some of the uses the astro-mech were stuff they had in mind for R2 during Star Wars: The Clone Wars, but never used) and the interior of a Star Destroyer. Though the later four haven't been posted yet the first two have (along with the official logo):

Star Wars: Rebels will air in the Fall of 2014 debuting with a one-hour special on the Disney Channel, before airing its episodes regularly on Disney XD.  We'll keep you updated of any further developments are revealed.  

Written or Contributed by Zechs

READ THIS ARTICLE ON THE FRONT PAGE, HUMANS!

Advertisement

sdsichero
2k11 Outhouse People's Champion

Liked in: 43 posts
Title: ライダー変身!
Formerly: beta-ray

Re: First Look at Star Wars: Rebels

Postby sdsichero » Sat Jul 27, 2013 12:44 pm

Whew, good thing I did a last second double check, I was JUST about to post this.

My notes have some other details from the panel...

- Dave Filoni (Star Wars: The Clone Wars and Star Wars Rebels series director) did most of the talking, though Simon Kinberg and Greg Weisman appeared via holocr-- I mean a video presentation. Warwick Davis was also there.

- Filoni also showed concept art for an astromech and protocol droid
- Art style will be different from Clone Wars, as mentioned, they were going for a Ralph McQuarrie look, something more illustrative
- Character design also influenced by Hayao Miyazaki
- During Q&A, Filioni did not directly answer a question about continuing storylines from Star Wars: The Clone Wars, but did say "I love all Star Wars characters, especially the ones I created"
- Scheduled to premiere in fall 2014 as a one-hour special telecast on Disney Channel, and will be followed by a series on Disney XD channels around the world.

My article source: Star Wars Celebration Europe 2013: Star Wars Rebels Logo, Art, and Details Revealed

Also some info from the blog: http://starwarsblog.starwars.com/index.php/2013/07/27/swce-2013-star-wars-rebels-panel-with-dave-filoni-liveblog/

Zechs
Staff Writer

Liked in: 9 posts
Title: Deposted Despot
Formerly: Blight, Deacon Frost, Heinrich Himmler of S_D

Postby Zechs » Sat Jul 27, 2013 12:56 pm

You should have just saw the Skype chat and note that I was making the article FOOL. :P

sdsichero wrote:
I especially like and admire Zechs. He's everything I wish I could be!

Dragavon wrote:Zechs... is...

Zechs...is...

I can't say it. It's too horrible. Zechs...is...not...wrong...

fieldy snuts
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 14 posts
Title: Burrr
Formerly: Sweet James Jones

Postby fieldy snuts » Sat Jul 27, 2013 7:39 pm

cool. at least the same guys are doing this that handled the clone wars so i'll give it a shot :)

hoping to see an older boba fett.

sdsichero
2k11 Outhouse People's Champion

Liked in: 43 posts
Title: ライダー変身!
Formerly: beta-ray

Postby sdsichero » Sat Jul 27, 2013 7:56 pm

Zechs wrote:You should have just saw the Skype chat and note that I was making the article FOOL. :P

I don't associate with your kind.

Zechs
Staff Writer

Liked in: 9 posts
Title: Deposted Despot
Formerly: Blight, Deacon Frost, Heinrich Himmler of S_D

Postby Zechs » Sat Jul 27, 2013 7:59 pm

fieldy snuts wrote:cool. at least the same guys are doing this that handled the clone wars so i'll give it a shot :)

hoping to see an older boba fett.

I think it's a given he'll show up in someway. I just wonder if it'll be more about the bounty hunters helping some of the Rebels.

sdsichero wrote:
I especially like and admire Zechs. He's everything I wish I could be!

Dragavon wrote:Zechs... is...

Zechs...is...

I can't say it. It's too horrible. Zechs...is...not...wrong...

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The Asylum