Advertisement

AnimeNext Cosplay Pillow Maker Responds to Controversy

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Mr_Panda
Faster Pussycat

Liked in: 0 post
Title: Fuhrer King
Formerly: The Artist Formerly Known as Panda

Re: AnimeNext Cosplay Pillow Maker Responds to Controversy

Postby Mr_Panda » Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:35 am

i thought it was confirmed that these pillows came in two sizes: regular and humpable. the latter of which clearly only has one logical use.

Snuggling?

Or how about as just a big pillow to share?

Seriously. If the user on the first page is done spamming selective pictures of how people use body pillows, perhaps we need a reminder that the portrayal there is selective. They're not "erotic" pillows.

THIS is an erotic pillow: (ok, can't post links right away apparently. let's just try general description: nude shots). Now unless I missed a picture somewhere, NONE of the portraits take on that particular method. :smt017 It seems there's a big point of contention about labeling these things as "sex pillows." Frankly that we're having the discussion at all seems silly. Last I checked, people aren't routinely humping Superman--pillow or otherwise. Labeling the item this way is misleading and inflammatory. We don't "all know" what they're being used for. I have several anime-themed ones in my living room for public use (ha ha! "use"). They're not confined to one particular purpose. And outside of the Hentai/Yaoi booth that sells the risque ones, I'd never find credence in calling humping their primary purpose either.

We WERE allowed to read the consent form, but I mean, who has the time to stand there and read all that at a convention?

I think this is the key point here, and something I've been hitting people on hard in some of my more serious-focus panels on the convention circuit. Would people please stop and think for a second? Avoid signing anything at a convention that doesn't come from the convention itself. Not only are people often drastically mistaken in their interpretation of legal wording on such documents, but highlight: a simple verbal "yes" to taking your photo gives a photographer all the basic rights/ownership he or she needs to do everything most people WOULD like their photo to be used for: "editorial" rights. Display, information, review. So if you don't want to fall into traps like this, ask yourself why you have to sign anything to begin with... and then DON'T.

I don't blame the photographer. He's probably made the right business decision, but who knows? I doubt anyone who is complaining was going to buy the product or his services anyway. So business loss? :smt102 I certainly consider it a satisfactory close, and if there's something people shouldn't be able to understand, it's why people not even affected by this incident continue to :smt013 and moan as if they are victims. The harassment factor on the studio's webspaces is downright disgusting. Otaku Internet Thugz.
~Mr. Panda~
The anime historian.

Advertisement

fieldy snuts
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 269 posts
Title: Burrr
Formerly: Sweet James Jones

Postby fieldy snuts » Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:02 am

snuggling and/or sharing with the option of doing so on the cosplayers ass too :lol:

these pillows are a putrid concept. and cmon we don't "all know" what they're used for? what other appeal in there for a pillow with a cosplayer's front and rear assests on display that just happens to be the right size to be mounted on and rubbed with a crotch?

but hey, maybe i'm wrong and there's something perfectly innocent about this :groucho:

S.F. Jude Terror
OMCTO

Liked in: 969 posts
Title: Webmaster Supreme
Formerly: Dr. Jude Terror

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:03 am

What I don't understand, while it's funny and all, is who gets off by humping a pillow? Shouldn't there be a hole in the pillow? Wouldn't it be frustrating to just rub your junk against a soft piece of fabric? :lol:
I LOVE BLUD BLOOD! - Rob Liefeld

fieldy snuts
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 269 posts
Title: Burrr
Formerly: Sweet James Jones

Postby fieldy snuts » Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:06 am

S.F. Jude Terror wrote:What I don't understand, while it's funny and all, is who gets off by humping a pillow? Shouldn't there be a hole in the pillow? Wouldn't it be frustrating to just rub your junk against a soft piece of fabric? :lol:

you'd assume so. getting teased and dry humped with a lapdance is great foreplay...but maybe not all people can get that and are too cheap to buy a sex doll so they settle for humping a pillow with a cosplayer on it.

..... :lol:

S.F. Jude Terror
OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:16 am

fieldy snuts wrote:
you'd assume so. getting teased and dry humped with a lapdance is great foreplay...but maybe not all people can get that and are too cheap to buy a sex doll so they settle for humping a pillow with a cosplayer on it.

..... :lol:

I guess. :lol:

Keb
<( ' . ' )>

Liked in: 385 posts
Title: Wastespacer
Formerly: Cocaine Biceps

Postby Keb » Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:44 am

S.F. Jude Terror wrote:What I don't understand, while it's funny and all, is who gets off by humping a pillow? Shouldn't there be a hole in the pillow? Wouldn't it be frustrating to just rub your junk against a soft piece of fabric? :lol:

I knew a girl in university whose boyfriend used to like to watch her hump pillows. Poor girl. Dude was a normal guy too.

Lord Simian
The Lord of the Monkeys

Liked in: 311 posts

Postby Lord Simian » Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:43 am

Keb wrote:I knew a girl in university whose boyfriend used to like to watch her hump pillows. Poor girl. Dude was a normal guy too.

Your last sentence is inaccurate, in relation to the rest of your post.

Arion
Twenty-Something

Liked in: 108 posts
Title: www.artbyarion.blogspot.com

Postby Arion » Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:55 am

fieldy snuts wrote:snuggling and/or sharing with the option of doing so on the cosplayers ass too :lol:

these pillows are a putrid concept. and cmon we don't "all know" what they're used for? what other appeal in there for a pillow with a cosplayer's front and rear assests on display that just happens to be the right size to be mounted on and rubbed with a crotch?

but hey, maybe i'm wrong and there's something perfectly innocent about this :groucho:

My goodness, that's a serious accusation.

Keb
<( ' . ' )>

Liked in: 385 posts
Title: Wastespacer
Formerly: Cocaine Biceps

Postby Keb » Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:22 am

Lord Simian wrote:
Your last sentence is inaccurate, in relation to the rest of your post.

Well in social settings he was okay. Smoked weed, drank, chilled, whatever. Then my roommate told me what her friend told him. It was after they broke up, obv. Still I was like :shock:

The Old Doctor
A Damn Cuddly Beast

Liked in: 973 posts
Formerly: /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\

Postby The Old Doctor » Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:13 pm

Pillow Fuckers?

Ummm... is that pillow a willing participant? Could be a case of.... PILLOW RAPE! :shock:
"Why are you pointing your screwdrivers like that? They're scientific instruments, not water pistols."
"Oh, the pointing again! They're screwdrivers! What are you going to do? Assemble a cabinet at them?"
"Are you capable of speaking without flapping your hands about?"
""Timey" what? "Timey wimey"?"

IvCNuB4 wrote:The Old Doctor is Cat-Scratch ?
Well that explains a lot :lol:

BubbaKanoosh wrote:Old Doctor is the NuDCU's Catscratch

Custom Body Pillows
FACEBOOKTron

Liked in: 207 posts
Title: DOCILE ROBOT

RE: AnimeNext Cosplay Pillow Maker Responds to Controversy

Postby Custom Body Pillows » Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:14 pm

Hi Everyone! Check out www.CustomBodyPillows.com Upload your own high resolution photos to create your unique and custom pillows. We are legitimate. We will print only what you order.

john lewis hawk
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 420 posts
Title: not here

Postby john lewis hawk » Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:34 pm

Hi Custombodypillows.com,

Can i haz fuck pillow with hole to put mah dic in Superman's ass Hole near muth for dic wood be good 2

S.F. Jude Terror
OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:06 am

:lol:
I LOVE BLUD BLOOD! - Rob Liefeld

Zechs
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 265 posts
Title: Deposted Despot
Formerly: Blight, Deacon Frost, Heinrich Himmler of S_D

Postby Zechs » Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:38 am

Okay dokey, business has is about to pick up.

sdsichero wrote:
I especially like and admire Zechs. He's everything I wish I could be!

Dragavon wrote:Zechs... is...

Zechs...is...

I can't say it. It's too horrible. Zechs...is...not...wrong...

john lewis hawk
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 420 posts
Title: not here

Postby john lewis hawk » Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:46 am

Hi Custombodypillows.com,

My name is Baxter Young, registered sex offender. Since I cannot fuck little boys without our nazi government getting in the way, can I have a Robin or Bucky fuck pillow that's made out of telfon?

P.S. I prefer Jason Todd. Absolutely love ginger pubes.

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The News Stand