Advertisement

Superior Spider-Man

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

bkthomson
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 23426
Likes: 7 posts
Liked in: 45 posts
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2008 2:14 pm
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Title: Invisible Man of the Outhouse


Re: Superior Spider-Man

Postby bkthomson » Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:58 pm

Chris wrote:The pre-Slott era of BND when Waid and those guys were all alternating issues/arcs was better.

And this is not Spider-Man.


Your right. This is Doc Oct posing as Spider-Man.
I used to have goals. They were evil goals, but they were goals. -- Dr. Heinz Doofenshmirtz

Dragavon wrote:He's being diplomatic again. :lol:

Zechs wrote:I have to repress you more. You're way too goodie two shoes.

Fat Ollie Weeks wrote:I swear to God, you are so boring sometimes I think you're just a stealth-mod-bot that Jude has coded.

Advertisement

GOSD
User avatar
Everybody lies!
 
Posts: 25454
Likes: 8 posts
Liked in: 330 posts
Joined: Thu Dec 20, 2007 10:06 pm
Location: Upstate NY
Title: Lick me!
Formerly: Ghost of Scooterdoom


Re: Superior Spider-Man

Postby GOSD » Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:24 pm

ReturnoftheMack wrote:I thought I was alone in this world...


You are but we're talking about a comic book here. :P

GOSD
User avatar
Everybody lies!
 
Posts: 25454
Likes: 8 posts
Liked in: 330 posts
Joined: Thu Dec 20, 2007 10:06 pm
Location: Upstate NY
Title: Lick me!
Formerly: Ghost of Scooterdoom


Re: Superior Spider-Man

Postby GOSD » Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:27 pm

It's a fun read but it's really not Spider-Man as Chris said.

I am digging it though. Can't wait for Otto to do himself in. Only a matter of time.

Johnny Smith
User avatar
Motherfucker from Hell
 
Posts: 2333
Likes: 23 posts
Liked in: 175 posts
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2006 8:59 am
Title: Metadata Broker


Re: Superior Spider-Man

Postby Johnny Smith » Mon Jul 29, 2013 4:32 pm

I'm a fan of the book :-D , but not the title character :smt011

Frag
User avatar
REAL OFFICIAL President of the Outhouse
 
Posts: 36324
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 69 posts
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:25 pm
Title: Mama don't like tattletales.
Formerly: Frag It, Rusty Kuntz


Re: Superior Spider-Man

Postby Frag » Mon Jul 29, 2013 5:02 pm

GOSD wrote:It's a fun read but it's really not Spider-Man as Chris said.

I am digging it though. Can't wait for Otto to do himself in. Only a matter of time.


The fact that it is not Spider-Man is why I don't get why so many fans are butthurt.

It's not Peter so nothing is being done to him as a character that is raping anyone's childhood. It's just a change of pace storyline for a little while. It has its ups and downs, but we all know Peter will be back soon.
Jude Terror wrote:I'll vote for NPWFBH in the next election.


Outhouse Post #1,000,000:

Frag It wrote::smt117


Image

Chris
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 41431
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 86 posts
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2006 1:10 pm
Title: Stuff Writer
Formerly: Chris


Re: Superior Spider-Man

Postby Chris » Mon Jul 29, 2013 5:09 pm

That it's not spider-man isn't as big of a problem as that it's just not good.
Image

Frag
User avatar
REAL OFFICIAL President of the Outhouse
 
Posts: 36324
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 69 posts
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:25 pm
Title: Mama don't like tattletales.
Formerly: Frag It, Rusty Kuntz


Re: Superior Spider-Man

Postby Frag » Mon Jul 29, 2013 5:12 pm

Chris wrote:That it's not spider-man isn't as big of a problem as that it's just not good.


That's a whole different argument.
Jude Terror wrote:I'll vote for NPWFBH in the next election.


Outhouse Post #1,000,000:

Frag It wrote::smt117


Image

Chris
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 41431
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 86 posts
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2006 1:10 pm
Title: Stuff Writer
Formerly: Chris


Re: Superior Spider-Man

Postby Chris » Mon Jul 29, 2013 5:16 pm

It is very troubling to me, that for years now, the best Spider-Man book has been Venom. It's bizarro.
Image

Frag
User avatar
REAL OFFICIAL President of the Outhouse
 
Posts: 36324
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 69 posts
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:25 pm
Title: Mama don't like tattletales.
Formerly: Frag It, Rusty Kuntz


Re: Superior Spider-Man

Postby Frag » Mon Jul 29, 2013 5:22 pm

Chris wrote:It is very troubling to me, that for years now, the best Spider-Man book has been Venom. It's bizarro.


Ultimate Spider-Man.
Jude Terror wrote:I'll vote for NPWFBH in the next election.


Outhouse Post #1,000,000:

Frag It wrote::smt117


Image

Sasher McSmasher
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 27238
Likes: 1360 posts
Liked in: 604 posts
Joined: Wed May 14, 2008 7:40 pm
Location: Georgia
Title: I'm a Paul Heyman Guy.
Formerly: T-Rex


Re: Superior Spider-Man

Postby Sasher McSmasher » Mon Jul 29, 2013 5:28 pm

Chris wrote:It is very troubling to me, that for years now, the best Spider-Man book has been Venom. It's bizarro.


I don't find it troubling but I do find that thats a true statement.
Image

Grayson
User avatar
Outhouse Drafter
 
Posts: 8742
Likes: 722 posts
Liked in: 1264 posts
Joined: Sat Jun 04, 2011 9:34 am
Location: The Darkest Timeline
Title: The Intersect
Formerly: Sakie


Online


Re: Superior Spider-Man

Postby Grayson » Mon Jul 29, 2013 6:00 pm

ReturnoftheMack wrote:The fact that it is not Spider-Man is why I don't get why so many fans are butthurt.

It's not Peter so nothing is being done to him as a character that is raping anyone's childhood. It's just a change of pace storyline for a little while. It has its ups and downs, but we all know Peter will be back soon.


While it might not be Peter in spirit or mind, it is still technically Peter's body. Whatever damage Octavius does while he is the "superior" Spider-Man is all damage that will blow back on Peter when he finally returns. I'm sure that it's a decent story but I decided earlier on that it wasn't a story for me. I will pick up the issues that feature Spider-Man 2099 because I like Miguel O'Hara but as a whole, I just don't have any interest in reading Spider-Man stories featuring Otto Octavius under the mask.
ImageImageImage

HNutz
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 15149
Likes: 5490 posts
Liked in: 856 posts
Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2008 10:22 pm


Online


Re: Superior Spider-Man

Postby HNutz » Mon Jul 29, 2013 6:13 pm

Just curious... were you reading Spidey when Ben Reilly was under the mask?

bkthomson
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 23426
Likes: 7 posts
Liked in: 45 posts
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2008 2:14 pm
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Title: Invisible Man of the Outhouse


Re: Superior Spider-Man

Postby bkthomson » Mon Jul 29, 2013 6:14 pm

ReturnoftheMack wrote:
Ultimate Spider-Man.

Agree. I like Miles a lot as a character.
I used to have goals. They were evil goals, but they were goals. -- Dr. Heinz Doofenshmirtz

Dragavon wrote:He's being diplomatic again. :lol:

Zechs wrote:I have to repress you more. You're way too goodie two shoes.

Fat Ollie Weeks wrote:I swear to God, you are so boring sometimes I think you're just a stealth-mod-bot that Jude has coded.

bkthomson
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 23426
Likes: 7 posts
Liked in: 45 posts
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2008 2:14 pm
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Title: Invisible Man of the Outhouse


Re: Superior Spider-Man

Postby bkthomson » Mon Jul 29, 2013 6:16 pm

HNutz wrote:Just curious... were you reading Spidey when Ben Reilly was under the mask?

Good question. Did ben have Peter's memories with the cloning? If so that could slightly still make him peter with a certain level of continuity.
I used to have goals. They were evil goals, but they were goals. -- Dr. Heinz Doofenshmirtz

Dragavon wrote:He's being diplomatic again. :lol:

Zechs wrote:I have to repress you more. You're way too goodie two shoes.

Fat Ollie Weeks wrote:I swear to God, you are so boring sometimes I think you're just a stealth-mod-bot that Jude has coded.

Frag
User avatar
REAL OFFICIAL President of the Outhouse
 
Posts: 36324
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 69 posts
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:25 pm
Title: Mama don't like tattletales.
Formerly: Frag It, Rusty Kuntz


Re: Superior Spider-Man

Postby Frag » Mon Jul 29, 2013 6:17 pm

Grayson wrote:
While it might not be Peter in spirit or mind, it is still technically Peter's body. Whatever damage Octavius does while he is the "superior" Spider-Man is all damage that will blow back on Peter when he finally returns. I'm sure that it's a decent story but I decided earlier on that it wasn't a story for me. I will pick up the issues that feature Spider-Man 2099 because I like Miguel O'Hara but as a whole, I just don't have any interest in reading Spider-Man stories featuring Otto Octavius under the mask.


Yes, Peter will have to deal with some fallout, but that doesn't mean his character will be changed like with OMD, the Clone Saga or the Other. It'll be stuff like "JJJ hates him again".
Jude Terror wrote:I'll vote for NPWFBH in the next election.


Outhouse Post #1,000,000:

Frag It wrote::smt117


Image

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The News Stand



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], ReviewOrDie and 160 guests

Advertisement