Advertisement

Justice League Dark #22 (Analog research methods Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 3 posts
Title: Shitlord

Justice League Dark #22 (Analog research methods Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Thu Jul 25, 2013 12:37 pm

I’m picking up this title for the duration of the ‘Trinity War’ crossover, and it looks like I made a good decision, because it looks like this is one of those events where you pretty much have to read every part or you’ll be lost. I managed to follow all of the recent Green Lantern events without reading Red Lanterns, but this is a different kettle of fish.

The various Justice Leagues continue to deal with the various problems facing them, the Secret Society, Pandora’ Box, Superman killing someone, and most importantly of all, each other. This issue featured various scenes of the different Leagues facing off against each other, getting ready to fight, then splitting off into different factions. It’s all a bit much, but at least it feels like it’s important. I’m not really familiar with the JLD, but I enjoyed their role as wild cards here, and John Constantine fits surprisingly well into a big superhero crossover.

It’s also becoming increasingly obvious that the ‘Trinity’ in this story’s title is not Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman, but actually Pandora, Question and Phantom Stranger, as all three of those characters have large roles in this issue guiding the action. I was impressed by the artwork here from Mikel Janin, as I said, I haven’t been reading this title, so his work is new to me, but it looks really good, reminding me of kind of a cross between Ryan Sook and Patrick Zircher.

This issue ends with an interesting cliffhanger, as The Outsider reveals that he has a mole within the Justice League. Who do we think it is? I reckon it’s either The Atom, who’s like, a triple-mole, or Doctor Light, who isn’t actually dead and is actually a villain like he was pre-Flashpoint. This story really is surprising me, I have no idea where it’s going, and even at this point, no idea who’s really behind what’s going on with Superman, is it Doctor Psycho and the Secret Society? Is it Pandora? I have no idea, and that’s a good thing.

Advertisement

IvCNuB4
Zombie Guard

Liked in: 11 posts

Re: Justice League Dark #22 (Analog research methods Spoiler

Postby IvCNuB4 » Thu Jul 25, 2013 12:47 pm

I'm thinking that Outsider's moleis whoever stole the League's data files a while back. Atom has said it's not her so odds are there is another double agent.
-
Victorian Squid wrote:In a DC/Marvel cross-over "all your favorite Marvel characters would catch contextually-transmitted diseases and Steph infections."

syxxpakk

Wrasslin' Fan

Liked in: 12 posts
Title: The Wrasslin' Fan

Postby syxxpakk » Thu Jul 25, 2013 12:59 pm

I think the mole ends up being Elemental Woman.

When you're as good as Chael, you can only call out people worse than you.

Stephen Day
Wrasslin' Fan

Liked in: 49 posts
Title: Maple Leaf Ninja

Postby Stephen Day » Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:20 pm

This issue wasn't bad, but it isn't as good as this series had been and I can't wait for Trinity War to be over. It hasn't been bad, but it still leaves a bitter taste in my mouth to have to get two series I normally don't get (Justice League and JLA) just to understand what's going on in Justice League Dark.

Thank you Troy for the sig

IvCNuB4
Zombie Guard

Liked in: 11 posts

Postby IvCNuB4 » Sat Aug 24, 2013 3:54 pm

DC Comics has announced second printings for Justice League of America #5 and Justice League Dark #22. Both will be in stores on Sept. 18.
-
Victorian Squid wrote:In a DC/Marvel cross-over "all your favorite Marvel characters would catch contextually-transmitted diseases and Steph infections."

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand