Advertisement

Soccer in general

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

fieldy snuts
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 213 posts
Title: Burrr
Formerly: Sweet James Jones

Re: Soccer in general

Postby fieldy snuts » Sat Jul 27, 2013 7:32 pm

^ i don't get that :|

higuain to napoli is official. wenger confirmed his suarez bid but says they're not expecting any new arrivals anytime soon. arsenal's hunt for world class players is like utd's for a central midfielder.

espn and a lot of people are confirming real's 100m euro bid for gareth bale which i see as a disgusting amount. they just outdid bayern, psg, monaco, city and chelsea combined with that.

Advertisement

Regulator
Motherfucker from Hell

Liked in: 0 post

Postby Regulator » Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:55 am

fieldy snuts wrote:^ i don't get that :|

American soccer fans think Landon Donovan is important, so it's important to lots of them that he is happy playing soccer. They hold on to the faint hope that the US could accomplish something significant with him on the team because he has been the best player in the history of the national team. But he's not happy being in the spotlight most of the time, so American soccer writers don't know what to do with themselves because no one at any level of US soccer wanted to admit that our entire system has been flawed from its inception until we hired Klinsmann. And one player is not going to win us a World Cup when your entire national development system is flawed. But that's too hard to write about, so they write about how distant and reticent he is in post-game interviews.

fieldy snuts
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby fieldy snuts » Sun Jul 28, 2013 4:18 pm

I wonder how many of them know the name Jozy Altidore.

Juan Cena
DANG!

Liked in: 130 posts
Title: The Lyrical Peyton Manning

Postby Juan Cena » Sun Jul 28, 2013 5:21 pm

USA wins the Gold Cup! We own this Hemisphere!

"I have my heroes, but no one knows their names"
- Sons of the Desert

Strict31 wrote:I'm not sure that combining the nigh-uncontrollable power of LOLtron with the Nacireman is a good idea. Some years from now, when mankind is on the verge of extinction, we'll be able to look back and remember this moment, and say, "DANG."

http://www.shirtswithrandomtriangles.com/

Check out Christmas in Nacirema
http://www.pandora.com/?sc=sh619160960893481469&shareImp=true#!/stations/play/619160960893481469

fieldy snuts
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby fieldy snuts » Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:03 am

Former Birmingham striker & Ecuador international Christian 'ChuCho' Benitez is dead at 27.

I'd post Valencia's tweet but it's in Spanish.

Watched him play a couple times for America in the Mex league this year too, he was having a great year (30 goals in 43 matches)....

fieldy snuts
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby fieldy snuts » Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:19 pm

Well this story is even more of a tragedy the more I hear about it:

MEXICO - The wife of Christian Benitez, Lizeth Chalá, talked to ESPN reporter, Odin Ciani, about how they were the last hours of 'Chucho' before his death and how it was developing the disease that took his life.

The woman reported that the Ecuadorian began suffering abdominal pains, around 20:30 Qatar on Sunday, at the hotel where they were. Given this, Benitez and his wife moved to the hospital and Christian repeated that I could not stand the pain, which was very strong. At the clinic they gave him some sedatives, however, only controlled the pain returned briefly as discomfort and even harder.

Lizeth said he spent more than two hours without receiving proper medical attention and could not stand Benitez abdominal pain and said that the pain was terrible so I asked him to ask the doctors to give him more medicine. After suffering much, the player, noticed that he could die, said goodbye to her and requested to take good care of their children.

Moments later, Benitez then began to convulse unfortunately killed. Chalá revealed that she is alone in Qatar and said it is a very difficult time for her and her entire family.

On top of that he'd just been transferred to a Qatari club for 15m and even had a medical there recently. Appendicitis should show s a kind of infection in the blood analysis, and if it was that bad that it became peritonitis that means it wasn't instant (at least I don't think it is) so someone massively dropped the ball :(

Zero
Zombie Guard

Liked in: 64 posts
Title: Last Man on Earth
Formerly: Armin Tamzarian

Postby Zero » Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:26 pm

In less tragic and awful news, Liverpool are the DC Comics of football:

fieldy snuts
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby fieldy snuts » Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:07 pm

Roma just thumped the MLS All Stars 3-1. Ironically US international Michael Bradley played a great game for Roma dominating the midfield :lol:

If anyone's still up though, Juve vs Everton is looking like a great game at HT.

fieldy snuts
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby fieldy snuts » Thu Aug 01, 2013 5:59 pm

Liverpool bid 20m pounds for this guy according to BBC..imagine him vs Shawcross or Fellaino:

Suarez replacement?

BTW he scored 20 goals as a striker in a team that had Falcao so I'd say he's good.

fieldy snuts
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby fieldy snuts » Fri Aug 02, 2013 6:51 pm

Martino said in an interiew about Fabregas that he explained his plan for the season, they'd prefer him to stay but now it's up to him to decide if he wants to move or not.

Sounds like they accepted Utd's third bid and the balls in his court. This is Sneijder all over again.

Clint Dempsey's gone to the Seattle Sounders.

Madrid have finally put on public record their intention to buy Bale this window and wipe their ass with FFP.

fieldy snuts
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby fieldy snuts » Fri Aug 02, 2013 6:57 pm

BTW, anyone see Bayern vs Barca? Pep has turned Bayern into another tiki taka posession whoring team in a big role reversal.

Manager of depth right there.

Chris
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 41 posts
Title: Stuff Writer
Formerly: Chris

Postby Chris » Sat Aug 03, 2013 1:15 pm

Stephen Day
Wrasslin' Fan

Liked in: 398 posts
Title: Maple Leaf Ninja

Postby Stephen Day » Sat Aug 03, 2013 1:48 pm

Chris wrote:

:lol: :lol:

Thank you Troy for the sig

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 77 posts
Title: Shitlord

Postby Punchy » Sat Aug 03, 2013 5:02 pm

Leeds United got their season off to a winning start with a last minute winner from new £1M signing Luke Murphy against Brighton...

... it feels so weird to have optimism about Leeds, Bates is gone, the manager is not a cunt, the fans are happy... I am genuinely excited.

fieldy snuts
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby fieldy snuts » Sat Aug 03, 2013 8:48 pm

if i was an everton fan and this match mattered i'd be mad. they were denied a blatant penalty and had a good fellaini goal wrongfully disallowed. on top of that real madrid's second goal was blatantly offside.

currently 2-1 in RM's favor.

this ref is fucked.

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The Asylum