Tuesday, May 24, 2016 • Afternoon Edition • "At least we're not The Comics Reporter!"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Uncanny X-Men #9 (Hope you've got sunblock Spoilers)

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

IvCNuB4

Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Thu Aug 01, 2013 5:40 pm

Grayson wrote:I'll go back and read the ending of the last issue because I don't remember anybody actually inviting Dazzler in. Fabio's father pointing a gun at Dazzler was unfortunate but her presence in their home was clearly escalating the tension that already existed from discovering that Fabio is a mutant. Having another mutant in their home, questioning them and their son, and not leaving when asked was probably more than he could take. It still doesn't justify Dazzler abducting Fabio, handcuffing him to a chair, and interrogating him. Was he under arrest? If he wasn't under arrest then where were his parents? If he was under arrest then where was his lawyer?

Clearly "SHIELD Stand-Off Negotiator" won' be on her resume anytime soon :lol:
But I'll bet the Avengers would approve of her tactics :P

Grayson

Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Thu Aug 01, 2013 5:43 pm

IvCNuB4 wrote:Image

:shock: Ah ha! I knew it! I knew that nobody invited Dazzler! :P

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:39 pm

You guys really think the complaints about Uncanny Avengers #5 were justified?

Seriously?

Draco x

biny little tird

Postby Draco x » Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:48 pm

Grayson wrote:Image

:-D

Badass picture here.

Grayson

Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:08 pm

Punchy wrote:You guys really think the complaints about Uncanny Avengers #5 were justified?

Seriously?

The topic of race is still a very serious and sensitive issue and X-Men comics have never been shy about tackling these issues. When Marvel decided to begin blurring the lines between the Avengers and X-Men franchises, you had to expect that some of these types of issues would bleed over. The new public face of mutants, having a press conference, and discussing conformity and integration after having just joined the "man" is an issue that a lot of people are going to have a problem with and it doesn't help that Remender basically immediately dismissed the concerns that people had with the dialogue.

Zero

Zombie Guard

Postby Zero » Fri Aug 02, 2013 7:10 am

To be fair, Havoc came off as a moron in that scene so it's not like we were supposed to take it seriously. Right? Because that would be moronic. Right?

Bendis and Brevoort were both called out on the Uncle Tom thing on Tumblr, and both told the complainer they were being stupid so it's done with.

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Fri Aug 02, 2013 7:26 am

Zero wrote:To be fair, Havoc came off as a moron in that scene so it's not like we were supposed to take it seriously. Right? Because that would be moronic. Right?

Bendis and Brevoort were both called out on the Uncle Tom thing on Tumblr, and both told the complainer they were being stupid so it's done with.

So it did piss some people off?

That's what I said, so I was right.

Zero

Zombie Guard

Postby Zero » Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:55 am

Punchy wrote:
So it did piss some people off?

That's what I said, so I was right.

In context: Brevoort is also dealing with someone who thinks that Apocalypse stealing some of Cables blood now makes him a Summers. This person has posted about it every day this week. These are the people it's pissing off.

S.F. Jude Terror

OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:51 am

You know that Havoc's words are Remender's words because Remender dedicated half of the next issue to having Rogue feebly voice the concerns of the complainers while Wanda berates her for it.

IvCNuB4

Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:00 pm

S.F. Jude Terror wrote:You know that Havoc's words are Remender's words because Remender dedicated half of the next issue to having Rogue feebly voice the concerns of the complainers while Wanda berates her for it.

:D Uncanny Avengers #14 cover

leave a comment with facebook