Advertisement

at Boston Comic Con!

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Jack Burton
biny little tird

Liked in: 0 post

Re: at Boston Comic Con!

Postby Jack Burton » Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:51 pm

Chesscub wrote:
I saw her. I was disturbed a little. It was not a costume for her body type. I came to the conclusion that there's two kinds of cosplay : excellent cosplay and extremely awful cosplay. There's no middle ground.

I saw her too. I mentioned to my wife that I give her kudos for wearing it but it was not the most.....flattering outfit.

There were so many Finn's from Adventure. So so many.

Advertisement

Chesscub
WTF is this rank?

Liked in: 1 post
Title: Bear du jour

Postby Chesscub » Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:54 pm

Jack Burton wrote:
I saw her too. I mentioned to my wife that I give her kudos for wearing it but it was not the most.....flattering outfit.

There were so many Finn's from Adventure. So so many.

More Finns than a shark convention.

There was a steampunk mermaid that I really liked. It was something imaginative.

There was one girl also dressed as Natasha from the Hawkeye's "girlfriends" issue. Black dress, yellow belt, Ace of Spades on the forehead. She liked that I got the reference.

Jack Burton
biny little tird

Postby Jack Burton » Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:07 pm

Chesscub wrote:
More Finns than a shark convention.

There was a steampunk mermaid that I really liked. It was something imaginative.

There was one girl also dressed as Natasha from the Hawkeye's "girlfriends" issue. Black dress, yellow belt, Ace of Spades on the forehead. She liked that I got the reference.

The one I liked because it made me chuckle was this kid dress as Quailman from Doug.

Not the most recent or well known cartoon but it made me laugh a little.

prozacman
Expert Post Whore

Title: Sir PopsPills Alot
Formerly: Darth Prozac

Postby prozacman » Mon Aug 05, 2013 2:48 pm

Did any one get a picture of cosplayer dressed as Amazi Girl/Amber from Shortpacked!? I saw her once when I was sitting with Eric/Doombug, but didn't see her the rest of the Con to get a pic.

prozacman
Expert Post Whore

Title: Sir PopsPills Alot
Formerly: Darth Prozac

Postby prozacman » Mon Aug 05, 2013 2:53 pm

Chesscub wrote:Prozac, I'm sorry if I look tired in the pic you took with me and Doombug. It's cause I was dead tired. :D

I'll be scanning and posting my finds today. It was an amazing time.

I was fried my self at that point. You came out ok in the pictures. Eric has them up on Facebook.

Good Con. I was only going to do Saturday, but I really wanted to go to the how to make your own books panels. Glad I went Sunday too.

Chesscub
WTF is this rank?

Liked in: 1 post
Title: Bear du jour

Postby Chesscub » Mon Aug 05, 2013 3:17 pm

A few of observations:

1. Joe Hill is a spitting image of his father.

2. Phil Jimenez is one genuinely nice person. He did sketches for anyone in line for free and not quickies. And he was chatty with everyone. It was fun to listen to him chat with a woman that was interested in watching him draw. They got into a soap opera conversation.

3. I think I may've found the one sketch that anyone can do but additionally will make you think you're crazy for asking for it.

4. If you're a fan of "A Distant Soil" get the new trade that's coming out Wednesday. They digitally remastered it and some of the scenes that came out dark in the original comics are much clearer.

5. One of Waid and Kitson's projects is coming back.

leave a comment with facebook

Previous

Return to The Asylum