Advertisement

Cable And X-Force #12 (Only know the one way Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 88 posts
Title: Shitlord

Cable And X-Force #12 (Only know the one way Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Wed Aug 07, 2013 1:19 pm

Dennis Hopeless and co-writer Cullen Bunn (why is Hopeless needing so many co-writers? Anyone know) deliver another enjoyable issue of Cable And X-Force, and one which really ties in both of the series’ central plots.

In the present day, Colossus and Domino are in Switzerland, fighting a bunch of demons that are trying to infest the world, whilst at the same time bickering about their quasi-relationship. In the dystopian future, Hope, Blaquesmith and the mysterious Stryfe-lady (who is, no surprise, Hope herself) are fighting a bunch of demons that have already infested the world and are also infected with the Technarch stuff from this title’s first arc. In a nifty use of time-travel, when Colossus and Domino defeat the demons in the present, the ones in the future disappear, because they were never able to come to power. Hope is the ‘villain’ of this story, hacking into Cable’s brain and causing his premonitions in order to make the future a better place, piece by piece. It’s a cool hook for the story, and it’s all very Terminator, as well as making for a villain that’s a) not really a villain and b) Cable won’t want to fight, because she’s his daughter.

In amongst the time-travel insanity, Hopeless and Bunn give us some very good character scenes, particularly between Colossus and Domino, who’s romance is a lot of fun. Like a lot of people, I was bored of the Colossus/Shadowcat love-story, and felt it was dragging them down a bit, with Domino, Colossus has to act a bit differently, love-wise, and it’s helping drag him away from constantly moping. Which is good, I love the big Russian idiot, but he is a bit of an emo.

We also get an interesting scene between Cable and his Uncle, Havok, as Alex attempts to find out just what the hell his Nephew is up to. Havok doesn’t quite get his answers this issue, but they’re coming, and in the meantime, Cable’s brain condition seems to be worsening. This issue did a solid job at explaining the central mystery of this book so far, but also raising some new questions along the way and doing new stuff with the characters.
Salvador Larroca’s art was excellent as usual, I love his take on Colossus and how he’s moving away from the photo-realistic style he used on Invincible Iron Man and going back to something more akin to his 90s work. I just want my goddamn Doctor Nemesis/Forge team-up issue already!

Advertisement

Star Lord
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 507 posts
Title: I'm a Paul Heyman Guy.
Formerly: T-Rex

Re: Cable And X-Force #12 (Only know the one way Spoilers)

Postby Star Lord » Wed Aug 07, 2013 1:43 pm

This is one of those books when I first heard about it thought there was no way it could possibly be any good, but to my pleasant surprise it is one of my favorite books to read each and every month it comes out.

Zechs
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 242 posts
Title: Deposted Despot
Formerly: Blight, Deacon Frost, Heinrich Himmler of S_D

Re: Cable And X-Force #12 (Only know the one way Spoilers)

Postby Zechs » Thu Aug 08, 2013 2:20 am

I agree with you on Colossus and Domino. Though with Future Hope revealed as Stryfe. Well, it's Stryfe. The past one was a clone of Cable. How do we know this Stryfe ain't a clone of Hope?

sdsichero wrote:
I especially like and admire Zechs. He's everything I wish I could be!

Dragavon wrote:Zechs... is...

Zechs...is...

I can't say it. It's too horrible. Zechs...is...not...wrong...

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand