Advertisement

All-New X-Men #15 (Proof Iceman is not gay Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 52 posts
Title: Shitlord

All-New X-Men #15 (Proof Iceman is not gay Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Wed Aug 07, 2013 1:18 pm

Hey, David LaFuente’s back from the dead! After loving his artwork on Ultimate Spider-Man, he kind of disappeared, but now he’s drawing this issue of All-New X-Men, and it’s a given that it looks great. His style is perfect for a book about teenagers, and heck, this is the most teenagery issue of this title so far.

Bendis largely takes a break from the action this issue, and instead focuses on the characters of the OG X-Men and how they are holding up with the stress of time-travel, and it’s a lot of fun. The best thing about this series is seeing the characters react and freak out, and we get plenty of that here. The issue opens and closes with Jean Grey running into Rachel Grey, who is, I dunno, her daughter? Right? I don’t know, it’s confusing, but those silent scenes were awesome and hold a lot of promise for the future.

Iceman is freaked out by seeing his future-self make out with Kitty Pryde, so he drags Cyclops out to go get something to eat, to just be normal for a bit. But of course, they can’t really be normal. Scott is recognised by some local teenagers, and they end up stopping a police chase. I thought these scenes were really well-done. Iceman’s reaction to seeing himself make out with someone was hilarious, I just love Bendis’ dumb-ass take on that character, and hey, seeing Scott and Bobby flirt with some present-day teenagers was a bit of much-needed levity. But of course, Dazzler: Agent of SHIELD (or perhaps Mystique) was lurking in the background.

The most interesting stuff in this issue however revolved around the Beast and Jean Grey. Present-day Beast is helping Jean develop her telekinetic powers, by having her levitate Wolverine’s motorbike, but she accidentally disassembles it. Whilst trying to rebuild it, Beast starts thinking about how much the young him fancied young Jean back in the day, and stuff along the lines of ‘what if I had told her how I felt?’, the standard unrequited stuff. But of course, with time-travel, it doesn’t have to be a what if. Jean goes to confront OG Beast, and tell him that she knows he loves her and… dun dun dun! They totally kiss! OMG! I loved this development, back in the day, Stan Lee had all of the X-Men lusting after Jean (even Professor X, ewww), but when she got together with Cyclops, that was kind of forgotten about. But now it’s back, and it’s shocking to see Jean lock lips with someone who isn’t Cyclops or Wolverine. I can’t wait to see the ramifications of this kiss, which is odd for me, in other teen superhero titles I roll my eyes at the soap opera nonsense, but here, it has me gripped. Maybe it’s because these are characters that aren’t normally teenagers, or maybe it’s because Bendis is using the time-travel aspects to do the unexpected, but yeah, I’m into it.

This was a great little ‘rest issue’ before the big ‘Battle Of The Atom’ crossover begins, it developed the characters a lot more, just in time for serious shit to go down. I’m just loving the X-Books right now, Bendis is kicking ass.

Advertisement

BlueStreak
The Red Stands for Irony

Liked in: 29 posts
Title: Bat-Min Inc.
Formerly: BlueStreak

Re: All-New X-Men #15 (Proof Iceman is not gay Spoilers)

Postby BlueStreak » Wed Aug 07, 2013 1:24 pm

I read an interesting theory that Jean's trying to actively change the future by screwing around with Hank, which is why she looked at the wedding invite at the end.

Regardless, this issue reinforces my belief that Hank McCoy is the worst. He really needs to be blown up or stabbed by Wolverine for fucking around with the timestream.

Punchy
Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Wed Aug 07, 2013 1:27 pm

BlueStreak wrote:I read an interesting theory that Jean's trying to actively change the future by screwing around with Hank, which is why she looked at the wedding invite at the end.

Regardless, this issue reinforces my belief that Hank McCoy is the worst. He really needs to be blown up or stabbed by Wolverine for fucking around with the timestream.

Why? Because he was reminiscing about how much he fancied his classmate when they were teenagers?

BlueStreak
The Red Stands for Irony

Postby BlueStreak » Wed Aug 07, 2013 1:33 pm

Punchy wrote:
Why? Because he was reminiscing about how much he fancied his classmate when they were teenagers?

This is the ultimate "Fuck You" to Scott Summers. He's brought his dead wife into the future so that his past self can bang him.

Did he just conveniently forget that she was a telepath? Is Beast really that much of a dumbass that he forgot that his brief crush is the most powerful telepath in the world?

Anyways, this book continues to be fantastic. It says a lot that I buy this book at 9 AM digitally so I can read it ASAP.

Punchy
Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Wed Aug 07, 2013 1:37 pm

BlueStreak wrote:
This is the ultimate "Fuck You" to Scott Summers. He's brought his dead wife into the future so that his past self can bang him.

Did he just conveniently forget that she was a telepath? Is Beast really that much of a dumbass that he forgot that his brief crush is the most powerful telepath in the world?

Anyways, this book continues to be fantastic. It says a lot that I buy this book at 9 AM digitally so I can read it ASAP.

I don't think Beast planned all of this.

His plan was to make Young Scott see how bad he turned out and make Old Scott change his ways, that hasn't happened. I don't think you can say he did this to help him get laid.

And of course, the Jean he remembers from this time was not a telepath at this point, he perhaps underestimated that.

chap22
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 162 posts
Title: Pretentious curmudgeon

Postby chap22 » Wed Aug 07, 2013 2:45 pm

BlueStreak wrote:Regardless, this issue reinforces my belief that Hank McCoy is the worst. He really needs to be blown up or stabbed by Wolverine for fucking around with the timestream.

see, whereas I think this just reinforces Hank as my favorite of the OG children of the atom. take that Cyke, I got yo girl!!!!
rdrsfn82 wrote:Chap is right.

john lewis wrote:I got nothing but respect for [Chap]

jsalwen wrote:You're the man, Chap.

DMM wrote:Chap knows what he's talking about.

MoneyMelon wrote:chap is right about pretty much everything

GOSD wrote:chap FTW!

Ntikrst wrote:Chap's right

oogy wrote:All those quotes in your sig ain't lying.

IvCNuB4
Staff Writer

Liked in: 293 posts
Title: Stop messing with my TITLE !

Postby IvCNuB4 » Wed Aug 07, 2013 2:51 pm

Iceman is freaked out by seeing his future-self make out with Kitty Pryde, so he drags Cyclops out to go get something to eat ... Iceman’s reaction to seeing himself make out with someone was hilarious ..

Wait. So he was freaked out because Present-Bobby was making out with a girl ?
Victorian Squid wrote:In a DC/Marvel cross-over "all your favorite Marvel characters would catch contextually-transmitted diseases and Steph infections."

HNutz
PЦИKЧ ВЯЁ&#106

Liked in: 461 posts

Postby HNutz » Wed Aug 07, 2013 3:12 pm

BlueStreak wrote:I read an interesting theory that Jean's trying to actively change the future by screwing around with Hank, which is why she looked at the wedding invite at the end.

Regardless, this issue reinforces my belief that Hank McCoy is the worst. He really needs to be blown up or stabbed by Wolverine for fucking around with the timestream

Yes, because Wolverine is the utimate role model when it comes to avoiding trouble with the timestream...

IvCNuB4
Staff Writer

Liked in: 293 posts
Title: Stop messing with my TITLE !

Postby IvCNuB4 » Wed Aug 07, 2013 3:20 pm

:lol:
Victorian Squid wrote:In a DC/Marvel cross-over "all your favorite Marvel characters would catch contextually-transmitted diseases and Steph infections."

chap22
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 162 posts
Title: Pretentious curmudgeon

Postby chap22 » Wed Aug 07, 2013 3:28 pm

IvCNuB4 wrote:

technically, it wasn't that he was making out with a girl, it was the particular girl he was making out with. young Bobby can't stand Prof. Kitty because she keeps riding his ass (here comes the deluge of "he really IS gay" jokes) about being a slacker, so it freaks him out to see his older self sucking face with her.
rdrsfn82 wrote:Chap is right.

john lewis wrote:I got nothing but respect for [Chap]

jsalwen wrote:You're the man, Chap.

DMM wrote:Chap knows what he's talking about.

MoneyMelon wrote:chap is right about pretty much everything

GOSD wrote:chap FTW!

Ntikrst wrote:Chap's right

oogy wrote:All those quotes in your sig ain't lying.

BlueStreak
The Red Stands for Irony

Postby BlueStreak » Wed Aug 07, 2013 3:35 pm

HNutz wrote:
Yes, because Wolverine is the utimate role model when it comes to avoiding trouble with the timestream...

Wolverine stabbed the last person to mess around with the timestream. I read Age of Ultron #9.

Punchy
Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:12 pm

IvCNuB4 wrote:

He's freaked out that he's making out with his teacher.

He later flirts with some random Salem Center chicks.

Seriously, Iceman isn't gay, and the fact people still want him to be is nutzoid.

BubbaKanoosh
2009 Most Valuable Poster

Liked in: 544 posts
Formerly: BRBKanoosh

Postby BubbaKanoosh » Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:07 pm

The fact so many people hate Cyke reinforces my avatar.

Such pity behaviour

guitarsmashley
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 282 posts
Title: Self Important

Postby guitarsmashley » Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:52 am

Punchy wrote:
I don't think Beast planned all of this.

His plan was to make Young Scott see how bad he turned out and make Old Scott change his ways, that hasn't happened. I don't think you can say he did this to help him get laid.

And of course, the Jean he remembers from this time was not a telepath at this point, he perhaps underestimated that.

Except for the part where he and everyone else in the school knows that jean is already a telepath since the second fucking issue...as shown in blue's avatar.
doombug wrote:You really are the george carlin of the outhouse. that's fucking hilarious.

doombug wrote:and yeah, Yoni called it. :drunk

I feel like a condemned building with a brand new flag pole.
- Les Paul

Punchy
Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:49 am

guitarsmashley wrote:

Except for the part where he and everyone else in the school knows that jean is already a telepath since the second fucking issue...as shown in blue's avatar.

Calm down!

Wasn't Beast in a coma at this point? Even if he does know, he probably expects Jean to not read his mind, the young Beast certainly expected that.

leave a comment with facebook

Next

Return to The News Stand