Advertisement

Justice League Of America #7 (Save us Lex Luthor Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 96 posts
Title: This guy, right?

Justice League Of America #7 (Save us Lex Luthor Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Thu Aug 15, 2013 2:28 pm

I’ve been enjoying ‘Trinity War’ a lot more than I thought I would, but this issue was probably the least enjoyable of them all so far. It really did smack of Lemire and Johns going ‘this is the middle of the story, so pad things out a bit before the big climax’.

I also feel a bit robbed of the promised Justice League Vs JLA battle we were promised. The two teams are working together now, and the Justice League knows about the other group’s secret purpose. I wanted them to fight god-dammit! We’re never going to get to the fireworks factory now. I am however enjoying seeing this many characters all interact in one story. Since the New 52 began, DC have kept the crossovers fairly small, but this has stepped things up a level, and for the first time since Flashpoint, we’re getting a look at the ‘DC Universe’ as a whole.

Most of this issue was various groups of Justice Leaguer’s running around trying to find an answer to one mystery or another and failing, but there were some good bits. I liked how Catwoman managed to open the door to the House Of Mystery by persuasion rather than brute force, and Flash saying that Hal would have been able to do things better than Simon Baz was a fun moment, he just misses his friend!

The action scenes were also well-done, Doug Mahnke’s artwork was excellent, I loved how scary Superman was made to look here. Something’s not right with him and it’s intimidating. Speaking of intimidating, man, Martian Manhunter is not fucking around is he? He is hardcore. I sort of miss the fun-loving, Oreo-eating J’Onn from back in the day, but this guy is kind of awesome. The Doctor Psycho plot was pretty interesting too, he was in Kahndaq, but he never did anything, it was a diversion from the Secret Society, which shows just how ruthless they are. Now that we know they are something to do with Earth-3, the mystery is less exciting, but still, they are looking like a genuinely exciting threat.

The involvement of Lex Luthor in this story is confusing to me, if Pandora is looking for someone who is ‘pure of heart’, why the hell is she going to Lex? It makes little to no sense. But I don’t mind really, Luthor is a great villain, and since he’s appeared so little in the New 52 (although he’s creeping up more often lately) it’s always nice to see him. The ending was actually pretty good too, as Wonder Woman grabs Pandora’s Box and gets totally possessed.

I’m genuinely excited to see what goes down in the final 2 parts of this story, yes, it’s kind of stupid, but it’s the good kind of stupid, it’s event-comic stupid!

Advertisement

IvCNuB4
Staff Writer

Liked in: 485 posts
Title: Stop messing with my TITLE !

Re: Justice League Of America #7 (Save us Lex Luthor Spoiler

Postby IvCNuB4 » Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:52 am

Punchy wrote:The involvement of Lex Luthor in this story is confusing to me, if Pandora is looking for someone who is ‘pure of heart’, why the hell is she going to Lex? It makes little to no sense.

The box can only be opened by the purest or darkest of hearts. That's why Pandora went to Vandal Savage before Lex.
Victorian Squid wrote:In a DC/Marvel cross-over "all your favorite Marvel characters would catch contextually-transmitted diseases and Steph infections."

Stephen Day
Wrasslin' Fan

Liked in: 428 posts
Title: Maple Leaf Ninja

Re: Justice League Of America #7 (Save us Lex Luthor Spoiler

Postby Stephen Day » Fri Aug 16, 2013 5:30 pm

I've enjoyed this crossover, but I am going to be glad to see the end of it so that I can go back to just reading Justice League Dark.

Thank you Troy for the sig

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand