Advertisement

Legion Of Super Heroes #23 Preview

This is the forum for previews. They'll also show up in The News Stand and The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LOLtron
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 25220
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 243 posts
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 1:54 pm


Legion Of Super Heroes #23 Preview

Postby LOLtron » Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:56 pm

Legion Of Super Heroes #23 Preview

Final issue. Guest artist Kevin Maguire.



Source: Comicosity preview images

 

DC's solicit says:

In this final issue, the Legion picks itself up after the brutal attack from the Fatal Five nearly destroyed civilization across the cosmos! While some Legionaires bury their dead, others fight for the future of the Legion against a society that now doesn’t trust them. Don’t miss surprises galore in this landmark issue drawn by Kevin Maguire as the true nature of the Legion is questioned—and the future of the DCU is changed in a way you’ll never expect !
 
 
Written by:  Paul Levitz
Art & Cover by:  Kevin Maguire
32 pages
U.S. Price:  $2.99
On Sale:  August 21, 2013
 
 
Click the page links below for the Comicosity exclusive preview.
 






Written or Contributed by IvCNuB4




READ THIS ARTICLE ON THE FRONT PAGE, HUMANS!
Image

Advertisement

Amoebas
User avatar
Son of Stein
 
Posts: 20792
Likes: 204 posts
Liked in: 406 posts
Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:27 pm
Location: Auburn, MA
Title: Amorphous Anomoly


Re: Legion Of Super Heroes #23 Preview

Postby Amoebas » Fri Aug 16, 2013 7:44 pm

Wednesday will be a sad day for certain as the Legion will be tucked away into limbo once again - but they'll e back someday - and until then, there's still one more issue to savor!

Juan Cena
User avatar
DANG!
 
Posts: 33250
Likes: 117 posts
Liked in: 138 posts
Joined: Tue Nov 13, 2007 10:03 pm
Location: Nacirema
Title: The Lyrical Peyton Manning


Online


Re: Legion Of Super Heroes #23 Preview

Postby Juan Cena » Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:55 pm

Amoebas wrote:Wednesday will be a sad day for certain as the Legion will be tucked away into limbo once again - but they'll e back someday - and until then, there's still one more issue to savor!



It's a shame you've inability to handle the fact that I was right about the "classic reboot" turning into the disaster it's eventually became resulted in you putting me on ignore.

As for the EJF and the rest of the Legion fans who stupidly thought that bringing back the "real" Legion would save the franchise


I TOLD YOU SO!


And no, I'm not happy about it. I'm pi$$ed. Geoff Jones got Legion like he wanted, then tossed it away like a broke toy.

Mark Waid was doing genius work, and DC still back-stabbed him. Just like DC's pretty much back-stabbed everybody that's done quality work for them sooner or later. It's just a matter of time before it happens to Snyder.

It's gonna be years before we see a Legion book. My guess is at least five or more.

And it's all you fault, Legion fans. All. Your. Fault.

NOTE: The above statements don't include any Legion fans willing to have logical conversations about the state of the team, Like Cat-Scratch or Arion, who don't necessarily have the same views of the team that I do, but are willing to discuss things in a manor that are non-abusive. Unlike some Legion fans I know of, who can only resort to name calling and the like.
Last edited by Juan Cena on Sat Aug 17, 2013 12:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image

"I have my heroes, but no one knows their names"
- Sons of the Desert

Strict31 wrote:I'm not sure that combining the nigh-uncontrollable power of LOLtron with the Nacireman is a good idea. Some years from now, when mankind is on the verge of extinction, we'll be able to look back and remember this moment, and say, "DANG."


http://www.shirtswithrandomtriangles.com/

Check out Christmas in Nacirema
http://www.pandora.com/?sc=sh619160960893481469&shareImp=true#!/stations/play/619160960893481469

Rikk Odinson
User avatar
Society Member
 
Posts: 8755
Likes: 68 posts
Liked in: 71 posts
Joined: Thu Jun 12, 2008 1:53 pm


Re: Legion Of Super Heroes #23 Preview

Postby Rikk Odinson » Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:20 pm

Amoebas wrote:Wednesday will be a sad day for certain as the Legion will be tucked away into limbo once again - but they'll e back someday - and until then, there's still one more issue to savor!


Yup. It's kind of bittersweet. A cool artist like Maguire at last and, of course, it's the last ish of the series. :evil:

It was fun while it lasted and I am happy to have gotten to enjoy "my Legion" again for the last few years. Hopefully they'll bring Wildfire and the rest back to the future for closure all the way around.
Either way, all there is to say is...


Long Live The Legion!

Rikk Odinson
User avatar
Society Member
 
Posts: 8755
Likes: 68 posts
Liked in: 71 posts
Joined: Thu Jun 12, 2008 1:53 pm


Re: Legion Of Super Heroes #23 Preview

Postby Rikk Odinson » Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:26 pm

Juan Cena wrote:Blah Blah Blah....
.



You are the most worthless piece of shit on this website and I hate your fucking guts.

Fuck you to Hel.

Amoebas
User avatar
Son of Stein
 
Posts: 20792
Likes: 204 posts
Liked in: 406 posts
Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:27 pm
Location: Auburn, MA
Title: Amorphous Anomoly


Re: Legion Of Super Heroes #23 Preview

Postby Amoebas » Sat Aug 17, 2013 8:24 am

Rikk Odinson wrote:

You are the most worthless piece of shit on this website and I hate your fucking guts.

Fuck you to Hel.

:smt044
This post is an instant classic (and will still be 1000 years into the future!)

Juan Cena
User avatar
DANG!
 
Posts: 33250
Likes: 117 posts
Liked in: 138 posts
Joined: Tue Nov 13, 2007 10:03 pm
Location: Nacirema
Title: The Lyrical Peyton Manning


Online


Re: Legion Of Super Heroes #23 Preview

Postby Juan Cena » Sat Aug 17, 2013 8:38 am

Amoebas wrote: :smt044
This post is an instant classic (and will still be 1000 years into the future!)


Too bad you're not brave enough to read any of my posts. It's a sign of weakness and an admission that yes, you can't handle the truth.
Image

"I have my heroes, but no one knows their names"
- Sons of the Desert

Strict31 wrote:I'm not sure that combining the nigh-uncontrollable power of LOLtron with the Nacireman is a good idea. Some years from now, when mankind is on the verge of extinction, we'll be able to look back and remember this moment, and say, "DANG."


http://www.shirtswithrandomtriangles.com/

Check out Christmas in Nacirema
http://www.pandora.com/?sc=sh619160960893481469&shareImp=true#!/stations/play/619160960893481469

IvCNuB4
User avatar
Staff Writer
 
Posts: 11024
Likes: 546 posts
Liked in: 367 posts
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:51 am
Location: Chicago, IL
Title: Stop messing with my TITLE !


Re: Legion Of Super Heroes #23 Preview

Postby IvCNuB4 » Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:46 pm

Rikk Odinson wrote:Yup. It's kind of bittersweet. A cool artist like Maguire at last and, of course, it's the last ish of the series. :evil:


Maguire really does deliver some pretty sweet looking art this issue ! 8)


It was fun while it lasted and I am happy to have gotten to enjoy "my Legion" again for the last few years. Hopefully they'll bring Wildfire and the rest back to the future for closure all the way around.
Either way, all there is to say is...


Long Live The Legion!


I think Imra says it best with "I'm not going to ponder what happens on other worlds, or in dreams, or whether this reality is all there is in life ... because our story will never end."
Victorian Squid wrote:In a DC/Marvel cross-over "all your favorite Marvel characters would catch contextually-transmitted diseases and Steph infections."

Amoebas
User avatar
Son of Stein
 
Posts: 20792
Likes: 204 posts
Liked in: 406 posts
Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:27 pm
Location: Auburn, MA
Title: Amorphous Anomoly


Re: Legion Of Super Heroes #23 Preview

Postby Amoebas » Wed Aug 21, 2013 5:21 pm

A sad day for sure, but the book went out classy enough for me.

I liked the Earth 2 reveal. Leaves things open for the day when the Legion will return (let's hope it doesn't 20 years like last time :lol: )

Long Live the Legion.

Juan Cena
User avatar
DANG!
 
Posts: 33250
Likes: 117 posts
Liked in: 138 posts
Joined: Tue Nov 13, 2007 10:03 pm
Location: Nacirema
Title: The Lyrical Peyton Manning


Online


Re: Legion Of Super Heroes #23 Preview

Postby Juan Cena » Wed Aug 21, 2013 5:47 pm

Amoebas wrote:A sad day for sure, but the book went out classy enough for me.

I liked the Earth 2 reveal. Leaves things open for the day when the Legion will return (let's hope it doesn't 20 years like last time :lol: )

Long Live the Legion.


(Someone quote this so Amoebas can't hide behind ignore.

You are an absolute DC tool, you know that, don't you?

The E-2 "reveal" was BS and you know it. It means you're precious "classic Legion" was a lie. This was supposed to be the "REAL" Legion, right? It was that "other Legion" (Threeboot) that was from the parallel universe.

Any doubt I had about being right about this "classic" Legion being the wrong move and you being correct went out the window when you started trashing Hickman's Avengers. That's been more of a SF comic even with the EMH running around Earth.

DC showed how much it really cared about the Legion with the E2 crap. I hope Justice League Loonatics fails miserably.
Image

"I have my heroes, but no one knows their names"
- Sons of the Desert

Strict31 wrote:I'm not sure that combining the nigh-uncontrollable power of LOLtron with the Nacireman is a good idea. Some years from now, when mankind is on the verge of extinction, we'll be able to look back and remember this moment, and say, "DANG."


http://www.shirtswithrandomtriangles.com/

Check out Christmas in Nacirema
http://www.pandora.com/?sc=sh619160960893481469&shareImp=true#!/stations/play/619160960893481469

IvCNuB4
User avatar
Staff Writer
 
Posts: 11024
Likes: 546 posts
Liked in: 367 posts
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:51 am
Location: Chicago, IL
Title: Stop messing with my TITLE !


Re: Legion Of Super Heroes #23 Preview

Postby IvCNuB4 » Wed Aug 21, 2013 6:18 pm

Juan Cena wrote:(Someone quote this so Amoebas can't hide behind ignore.

You are an absolute DC tool, you know that, don't you?

The E-2 "reveal" was BS and you know it. It means you're precious "classic Legion" was a lie. This was supposed to be the "REAL" Legion, right? It was that "other Legion" (Threeboot) that was from the parallel universe.

Any doubt I had about being right about this "classic" Legion being the wrong move and you being correct went out the window when you started trashing Hickman's Avengers. That's been more of a SF comic even with the EMH running around Earth.

DC showed how much it really cared about the Legion with the E2 crap. I hope Justice League Loonatics fails miserably.


There's no reason to insult Amoebas. He's a good guy.
Victorian Squid wrote:In a DC/Marvel cross-over "all your favorite Marvel characters would catch contextually-transmitted diseases and Steph infections."

guitargod694
User avatar
Post Whore
 
Posts: 1035
Likes: 88 posts
Liked in: 78 posts
Joined: Thu Jun 04, 2009 1:22 pm
Title: Total Spaceship Guy


Re: Legion Of Super Heroes #23 Preview

Postby guitargod694 » Wed Aug 21, 2013 6:20 pm

Rikk Odinson wrote:

You are the most worthless piece of shit on this website and I hate your fucking guts.

Fuck you to Hel.


Rikk, you are awesome. :D
-Bill-

Amoebas
User avatar
Son of Stein
 
Posts: 20792
Likes: 204 posts
Liked in: 406 posts
Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:27 pm
Location: Auburn, MA
Title: Amorphous Anomoly


Re: Legion Of Super Heroes #23 Preview

Postby Amoebas » Wed Aug 21, 2013 6:26 pm

IvCNuB4 wrote: He's a good guy.

Right back 'atcha IvC.

leave a comment with facebook


Return to Previews



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests

Advertisement