Wednesday, September 28, 2016 • Morning Edition • "Good enough for government work!"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Review: Infinity #1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

User avatar

Grayson

Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Fri Aug 16, 2013 7:26 pm

As much as I like Thanos, I reluctantly decided to sit out Thanos Rising because I couldn't get past Simone Bianchi's abysmal art, so I was pleasantly surprised by how great Cheung's Thanos looked. Hell, the entire book looked fantastic.

My biggest complaint of the entire issue was the fact that the Illuminati take it upon themselves to destroy yet another alternate Earth.

thefourthman wrote:there were some panels here where Cap seemed to be aged more than one would think. Also Iron Man's new helmet looks dumb.


The situation with Cap looking more aged than normal may be a side effect from the current story-arc in his solo title. The story is still ongoing, so we don't know how it will be resolved but he has spent the equivalent of 10+ years in an alternate dimension created by Arnim Zola. However, that may or may not be happening in his head.

Also, Iron Man's entire new costume looks dumb.

fieldy snuts wrote:I'm sure it was to be expected after we found out who the Builders were, but seeing their designs in this issue it really highlighted the similarities between them and the Collectors/Reapers from Mass Effect.


Glad I'm not the only one who noticed the similarities.
User avatar

Juan Cena

DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:02 pm

My biggest complaint of the entire issue was the fact that the Illuminati take it upon themselves to destroy yet another alternate Earth.


That was a flashback to New Avengers #6. Heck, I'm pretty sure it was the same f**king artwork.

And it was a dead Earth.
User avatar

Grayson

Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:31 pm

Juan Cena wrote:That was a flashback to New Avengers #6. Heck, I'm pretty sure it was the same f**king artwork.

And it was a dead Earth.


I figured that it was just a repeat of the New Avenger scene but that's not really my point. They blew up one Earth, what's to stop them from blowing up another? Further more, why is it ok for them to make these decisions but condemn somebody else for making similar decisions? They can create and possess the technology to destroy an entire planet and then use it which is sure to draw the attention of forces we can't comprehend, yet Scott Summers wants to harness the energy of a cosmic entity to save his people and he's the jackass?

What makes Tony Stark or Hank McCoy's judgement more infallible than Scott Summers?
User avatar

Juan Cena

DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:38 pm

Grayson wrote:
I figured that it was just a repeat of the New Avenger scene but that's not really my point. They blew up one Earth, what's to stop them from blowing up another? Further more, why is it ok for them to make these decisions but condemn somebody else for making similar decisions? They can create and possess the technology to destroy an entire planet and then use it which is sure to draw the attention of forces we can't comprehend, yet Scott Summers wants to harness the energy of a cosmic entity to save his people and he's the jackass?

What makes Tony Stark or Hank McCoy's judgement more infallible than Scott Summers?



Uh. I think that's the whole idea of New Avengers.
User avatar

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Sat Aug 17, 2013 3:25 am

Guys, The Illuminati aren't killing Earths, they are killing UNIVERSES.
User avatar

Tintin Quarantino

Rain Partier

Postby Tintin Quarantino » Sat Aug 17, 2013 6:19 am

Dicklords.
User avatar

Juan Cena

DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Sat Aug 17, 2013 8:36 am

Punchy wrote:Guys, The Illuminati aren't killing Earths, they are killing UNIVERSES.


No, they're not. Destroying one of the Earths during an incursion prevents both universes from being destroyed.

And I just binge-read the entire run of New Avengers again, so don't tell me I'm wrong.
User avatar

thefourthman

Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Sat Aug 17, 2013 10:30 am

Juan Cena wrote:
No, they're not. Destroying one of the Earths during an incursion prevents both universes from being destroyed.

And I just binge-read the entire run of New Avengers again, so don't tell me I'm wrong.

Having not read a single issue of new avengers, i have no problem telling you, you are wrong! :p
User avatar

Juan Cena

DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Sat Aug 17, 2013 12:56 pm

thefourthman wrote:Having not read a single issue of new avengers, i have no problem telling you, you are wrong! :p


Dude, it explains the whole Incursion thing in NA #2
User avatar

thefourthman

Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Sat Aug 17, 2013 1:02 pm

Juan Cena wrote:
Dude, it explains the whole Incursion thing in NA #2

:lol:
User avatar

habitual

Silly French Man

Postby habitual » Sat Aug 17, 2013 7:25 pm

sdsichero wrote:
I flipped through my copy tonight and this made me very sad.

Rom was one of my favorite comics as a kid and was happy to see OG style spaceknights again.

And not only do they kill the oldies off but Ikon too... Where were the Annihilators? Quasar won't be so happy...


What I don't get is that most of the ones we saw in that panel were originally killed of in Rom.

It's like they just brought them back to kill them off all over again.

Two thing worth noting, when the Outrider is digging through Blackbolt's mind the whereabouts of the Infinity Gems are only a secondary concern, AND, Reed is the only one NOT holding a shattered gem, his hand was empty.

Hab
User avatar

Arion

Twenty-Something

Postby Arion » Sat Aug 17, 2013 10:01 pm

Grayson wrote:As much as I like Thanos, I reluctantly decided to sit out Thanos Rising because I couldn't get past Simone Bianchi's abysmal art, so I was pleasantly surprised by how great Cheung's Thanos looked. Hell, the entire book looked fantastic.

My biggest complaint of the entire issue was the fact that the Illuminati take it upon themselves to destroy yet another alternate Earth.



The situation with Cap looking more aged than normal may be a side effect from the current story-arc in his solo title. The story is still ongoing, so we don't know how it will be resolved but he has spent the equivalent of 10+ years in an alternate dimension created by Arnim Zola. However, that may or may not be happening in his head.

Also, Iron Man's entire new costume looks dumb.



Glad I'm not the only one who noticed the similarities.


Simone Bianchi is a very good artist, but for some reason he seems to be unpopular among many Marvel fans.
User avatar

Juan Cena

DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Sat Aug 17, 2013 10:49 pm

habitual wrote:
What I don't get is that most of the ones we saw in that panel were originally killed of in Rom.

It's like they just brought them back to kill them off all over again.

Two thing worth noting, when the Outrider is digging through Blackbolt's mind the whereabouts of the Infinity Gems are only a secondary concern, AND, Reed is the only one NOT holding a shattered gem, his hand was empty.

Hab


Unless he was looking for the gems, figured out the Time Gem wasn't destroyed, and knew of some connection to it or the other Gems to the Inhumans, which was buried deep in Black Bolt's mind (maybe in some kind of Inhuman race memory, perhaps?) that would help him recover it.

Thanos probably knows more about the Infinity Gems than a good 99.99% of the universe. There's got to be a connection somewhere. This mini ain't called "Infinity" for nothing, y'know.
User avatar

guitarsmashley

Regular-Sized Poster

Postby guitarsmashley » Sat Aug 17, 2013 11:19 pm

thefourthman wrote:Having not read a single issue of new avengers, i have no problem telling you, you are wrong! :p



always wrong.
User avatar

Grayson

Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Sat Aug 17, 2013 11:32 pm

Arion wrote:Simone Bianchi is a very good artist, but for some reason he seems to be unpopular among many Marvel fans.


I'm not a fan but some artists just don't work well in a mainstream, superhero medium. In my opinion, Bianchi is definitely one of those artists.

leave a comment with facebook


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: FaceBook [Linkcheck], Glaeken, The Generic Man and 275 guests