Advertisement

Superfun Hickman Avenger Books Thread! (Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Juan Cena
DANG!

Liked in: 155 posts
Title: The Lyrical Peyton Manning

Re: Superfun Hickman Avenger Books Thread! (Spoilers)

Postby Juan Cena » Thu Jun 20, 2013 6:39 am

Grayson wrote:
I agree. I think it was all part of the Illuminati's plan to get Cap out of the picture. Using the "gems" was simply an easy way to get the Time Gem out of Cap's possession and a test to see how he would react. When he reacted negatively to their plan, they mind wiped him and sent him on his way.

In that case, it would be more like the original members of the group's plan. If Tony, Reed, Namor, et al. didn't trust Steve with the gems, they probably don't trust T'Challa and Hank with them, either.

Otherwise, the gems would've shown up again by now.

"I have my heroes, but no one knows their names"
- Sons of the Desert

Strict31 wrote:I'm not sure that combining the nigh-uncontrollable power of LOLtron with the Nacireman is a good idea. Some years from now, when mankind is on the verge of extinction, we'll be able to look back and remember this moment, and say, "DANG."

http://www.shirtswithrandomtriangles.com/

Check out Christmas in Nacirema
http://www.pandora.com/?sc=sh619160960893481469&shareImp=true#!/stations/play/619160960893481469

Advertisement

Juan Cena
DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:27 pm

Reading Avengers #17

Panda Bear mode activated

- Sons of the Desert

Strict31 wrote:I'm not sure that combining the nigh-uncontrollable power of LOLtron with the Nacireman is a good idea. Some years from now, when mankind is on the verge of extinction, we'll be able to look back and remember this moment, and say, "DANG."

http://www.pandora.com/?sc=sh619160960893481469&shareImp=true#!/stations/play/619160960893481469

Juan Cena
DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Sat Aug 17, 2013 4:31 pm

So, infinity thoughts?

- Sons of the Desert

MikeinLA
Flying Mongoose

Liked in: 52 posts

Postby MikeinLA » Sat Aug 17, 2013 5:36 pm

Haven't gotten Infinity yet, but I just finished binge reading the last five issues of Hickman's Avengers. Haven't really been impressed, to be honest. It comes across as a lot of cryptic, pseudo high concept filler. None of the characters, new or old, interest me much, and I'm really not much of a fan that stories that have these huge, earth shattering events that gloss over the human cost, which has been what has been going on here. I'll stick with it, because now that Thanos and co. are finally showing up maybe we'll see some real developments, but this book might not stay on my pull list after Infinity ends.

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 1075 posts
Title: The Intersect
Formerly: Sakie

Postby Grayson » Sat Aug 17, 2013 6:14 pm

Juan Cena wrote:So, infinity thoughts?

The scale of everything that has been building in the Marvel Universe to get to this point is fairly overwhelming. I really hope that Hickman has a great story in mind to get everyone out of this mess instead of pulling some magic deus ex machina out of a hat at the last minute. I have been enjoying New Avengers so far and I enjoyed the first issue of Infinity, so I'll probably stick around for the long haul and watch it all play out.

Infinitely better than Age of Ultron. :P
ImageImageImage

Juan Cena
DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Sat Aug 17, 2013 6:28 pm

Grayson wrote:
The scale of everything that has been building in the Marvel Universe to get to this point is fairly overwhelming. I really hope that Hickman has a great story in mind to get everyone out of this mess instead of pulling some magic deus ex machina out of a hat at the last minute. I have been enjoying New Avengers so far and I enjoyed the first issue of Infinity, so I'll probably stick around for the long haul and watch it all play out.

Infinitely better than Age of Ultron. :P

I'm starting to think that Thanos plans are to search through time for the Time Gem "which is simple "gone" than "shattered" , in order to prevent the other Infinity Gems destruction. At the Earth's expense, of course. Hence the "Infinity" name.

- Sons of the Desert

Keb
<( ' . ' )>

Liked in: 373 posts
Title: Wastespacer
Formerly: Cocaine Biceps

Postby Keb » Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:04 am

Good point.

habitual
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 202 posts
Title: Habinger of Doom!

Postby habitual » Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:45 am

I'm telling you Thanos's primary goal is not the Infinity gems.

Hab

Lord Ice
Motherfucker from Hell

Liked in: 152 posts
Title: Deviant by design

Postby Lord Ice » Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:30 am

habitual wrote:I'm telling you Thanos's primary goal is not the Infinity gems.

Hab

He's done the gems and cosmic cubes with limited successes, what else is there for him?

habitual
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby habitual » Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:50 am

Lord Ice wrote:
He's done the gems and cosmic cubes with limited successes, what else is there for him?

I guess only Blackbolt knows.

Hab

Juan Cena
DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:56 am

habitual wrote:I'm telling you Thanos's primary goal is not the Infinity gems.

Hab

The Infinity Gems are like crack to Thanos. He'll always go back to trying to obtain them.

- Sons of the Desert

habitual
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby habitual » Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:47 am

Juan Cena wrote:
The Infinity Gems are like crack to Thanos. He'll always go back to trying to obtain them.

He gave up the gauntlet willingly. :smt102

There's really nothing to base what you're saying on, and the first issue underlines that.

Hab

Juan Cena
DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:02 am

Infinity #4 and Avengers #22...Outstanding.

- Sons of the Desert

TONGO
Whippersnapper

Liked in: 0 post

Postby TONGO » Wed Jan 15, 2014 4:35 pm

I just finished reading all of INFINITY and the Avengers tie ins today. It wasnt as good as Hickmans stuff on FF, but still good. I had no idea Thanos was that much of a badass. He was taking screams from Black Bolt at point blank range?! WTF?! On a funny note my favorite character from the entire series is Lockjaw.

habitual
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby habitual » Wed Jan 15, 2014 4:39 pm

TONGO wrote:I just finished reading all of INFINITY and the Avengers tie ins today. It wasnt as good as Hickmans stuff on FF, but still good. I had no idea Thanos was that much of a badass. He was taking screams from Black Bolt at point blank range?! WTF?! On a funny note my favorite character from the entire series is Lockjaw.

If you liked this Thanos I would highly recommend checking out Giffen's Thanos mini and then read Annihilation. It's the best take on the character that I've ever read.

Hab

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The News Stand