Advertisement

The Official Outhouse All Wrestling Thread!

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

S.F. Jude Terror
OMCTO

Liked in: 529 posts
Title: Webmaster Supreme
Formerly: Dr. Jude Terror

Re: The Official Outhouse All Wrestling Thread!

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:27 am

Lord Simian wrote:
Great, then he's qualified to join GI Joe. I don't see what, if anything, that has to do with his alleged wrestling ability. Syxx says he sucks, I trust his judgement on wrestlers.

Meanwhile, you'll disagree, not based on facts, but on your obsessive worship of anyone who ever wore a uniform, as if their service makes them something more holy than a mere mortal.

It worked for Randy Orton.

Advertisement

Bianco
cheese

Liked in: 47 posts

Postby Bianco » Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:37 am

Danimal?.... i like it think I'm gonna call myself this from now on

Lord Simian
The Lord of the Monkeys

Liked in: 166 posts

Postby Lord Simian » Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:58 am

Bianco wrote:Danimal?.... i like it think I'm gonna call myself this from now on

Frag
REAL OFFICIAL President of the Outhouse

Liked in: 19 posts
Title: Mama don't like tattletales.
Formerly: Frag It, Rusty Kuntz

Postby Frag » Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:04 am

Juan Cena wrote:
That's more than what O***n did, obviously.

Doesn't necessarily make him a hero.
Jude Terror wrote:I'll vote for NPWFBH in the next election.

Outhouse Post #1,000,000:

Frag It wrote::smt117

Bianco
cheese

Liked in: 47 posts

Postby Bianco » Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:38 pm

- In an update to the earlier story about two men attacking Alberto Del Rio near WWE’s hotel over the weekend, PWInsider reports that the incident happened at an Irish pub near WWE’s hotel. Del Rio reportedly got into a verbal argument with someone and that person hit Del Rio with his friends jumping in. This led to Drew McIntyre stepping in to help Del Rio.

The incident actually happened on Saturday night. When Del Rio returned to WWE’s hotel early Sunday morning, he was sporting two black eyes and trying to hide his face from everyone in the lobby. Drew ended up with two knots on the side of his head.

misac
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 45 posts

Postby misac » Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:46 pm

syxxpakk wrote:Complete History of the GHC Championship - Disc 4

Previously on the Complete History of the GHC Championship: After taking the GHC Championship away from that little rat Yoshinari Ogawa, Yoshihiro Takayama was felled in his first title-defense by inaugural GHC Champion Mitsuharu Misawa. Misawa didn't last as champion long, with only one successful defense before dropping the belt to some guy named Kenta Kobashi. Very few champions have managed to defend the belt successfully, can't imagine this guy will either hyuk hyuk.

Kenta Kobashi [c] vs. Tamon Honda - GHC Championship Match. I've always had a tough time buying Honda as a contender, TBH. If there was ever a guy who doesn't fit the "WWE Image," then Tamon Honda is that guy. Honda and Kobashi tag together, so that's kind of the story here I think (I don't speak Japanese so any stories are made up completely in my head). Honda also has an extensive and honored amateur wrestling background, which plays into things. Pretty typical Kobashi-match here, where Kobashi tries to grind away at first but then Tamon turns things around with a HUGE MOVE - in this case a Dead End (release German suplex) onto ramp. Honda tears away at Kobashi's arm for the duration of the match, with all kinds of neat submission and technical stuff. Of course as we get to the end it's just a series of huge finishers and kick-outs. I'll say this: Kobashi is over HUGE. After a bunch of half-nelson suplexes, Kobashi finishes Honda off with a lariat. The last ten minutes or so were ballistic. Post-match shenanigans see Masahiro Chono and Kenta Kobashi have words. Rating: ***

Kenta Kobashi [c] vs. Masahiro Chono - GHC Championship Match. Clipped up, this one. Kobashi apparently half-nelson suplexes Chono to death and wins with, of course, the lariat. Rating: NR

Kenta Kobashi [c] vs. Bison Smith - GHC Championship Match. Awww, shucky ducky quack quack. Bison Smith is a guy who I think could have had an amazing career in America, but it never happened as he died a couple of years ago. He'd have been perfect as a new-age Vader. Anyway, this is going to be one of those rare cases where Kobashi doesn't have the strength-advantage. Again, typical Kobashi-stuff until the BIG MOVE turns it around. Only this time it's not so much a BIG MOVE as it is BIG MOVES. In success, Bison flies off the turnbuckle to the outside with a shoulder-tackle, then powerbombs Kobashi on the outside, and then nails the Iron Claw Slam through a table. Bison, do you want to win the GHC Championship or is murder your intent? In a neat change of pace, Bison turns the tables on Kobashi and tries to grind him down. Bison throws everything he has at Kenta Kobashi but Kobashi JUST. WON'T. DIE. I'm talking Iron Claw Slams, Iron Claw STOs, the dreaded Bisontennial (Styles Clash), and freaking rana off the top! Kobashi, somewhat miffed at Bison's attempted murder earlier, strikes back with a billion half-nelson suplexes and lariats to retain. This was pretty damn good. YUJI NAGATA~! comes to the ring because he's next in line. Rating: ****

Kenta Kobashi [c] vs. Yuji Nagata - GHC Championship Match. To this point, the most title defenses goes to Jun Akiyama, with three successful ones before finally losing on the fourth. This would be Kobashi's fourth defense. Yuji Nagata is in repping NJPW. I'm not 100% certain, but I think by this point (2003) he might have been IWGP champion before. At the very least, the announcers say IWGP a bunch. I had high hopes, but in all honesty it didn't deliver. Nagata is a great technical wrestler to counter Kobashi's all-arounder style, but it didn't really gel as much as I'd thought it would. Not sure why. Nagata focuses a lot on the arm, which is smart as it would neutralize those devastating Kobashi chops. The BIG MOVE turnaround in this one is a belly-to-belly suplex on the ramp. Kobashi hits a bunch of half-nelsons and lariats to win this one also, which makes him the man with the most successful defenses thus far. WE'RE IN UNPRECEDENTED TERRITORY BRAIN! Rating: ***

Match of the Disc: Kenta Kobashi vs. Bison Smith

Regarding Ratings:
0 - Horrible and avoid.
* - Not good.
** - Decent.
*** - Good.
**** - Really good.
***** - Amazing.

I don't do quarter or half stars.

:-D

misac
Outhouse Editor

Postby misac » Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:49 pm

fieldy snuts wrote:

:shock:

who was at fault?

so if taryn terrell can beat up drew mcintyre and drew can beat up del rio.....

taryn terrell can beat up the current world champ.

:lol:

misac
Outhouse Editor

Postby misac » Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:52 pm

syxxpakk wrote:@fieldy, they weren't fighting each other - they were fighting together I guess.

Hmm, two foreigners get in a fight? Someone’s taking the Real Americans gimmick to heart.

Sort of wish that were true. :P

misac
Outhouse Editor

Postby misac » Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:57 pm

Thunderstruck wrote:Rock at RR, Taker at WM, and Brock at SS.

CM Punk loses to 3 part timers at the 3 biggest PPVs of the year.

Great match but I can't get behind one of the most popular guys in the sports history and one of your biggest draws losing to guys that are only around once in a blue moon.

Eh, it's ongoing. And it's easier to get behind a guy that loses instead of just being unstoppable. :smt102

misac
Outhouse Editor

Postby misac » Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:59 pm

syxxpakk wrote:But Cena never puts anyone over!

I haven't ever heard anyone say that about him here. :D

misac
Outhouse Editor

Postby misac » Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:03 pm

syxxpakk wrote:WWE Summerslam - 8/18/13

Previously on WWE: no clue, haven't watched since MITB when Randy Orton and Damien Sandow won their respective briefcases.

Dean Ambrose [c] vs. Rob Van Dam. This was your typical RAW match. Kind of surprised RVD went over, even if only by DQ. The Shield have certainly lost their luster since last Fall, it seems. Rating: **

Kane vs. Bray Wyatt - Ring of Fire Match. This was no good, but then it was really just an angle in the long run. A for effort guys, but not a whole lot going here. Rating: *

Cody Rhodes vs. Damien Sandow. Like Ambrose/RVD, this was your typical RAW match. A bit of excitement in this one as they both brought some fiery offense, but there wasn't a whole bunch to it. Sandow continues to long running tradition of Smackdown MITB-winners jobbing. Rating: **

Alberto Del Rio [c] vs. Christian - World's Heavyweight Championship Match. Business picked up in this one, but I will complain that Del Rio's offense was all over the place. Hot finish, though. The pre-match vignette really had me buying a Christian-win, for what it's worth. Del Rio's post-match promo was a bit confusing, unless they're going for a Bret Hart-deal where he's a heel everywhere but to the Latino community. Del Rio winning was ultimately not a surprise. Rating: ***

Brock Lesnar vs. CM Punk - No DQ Match. ERMAGERD. THIS MATCH. Pretty epic stuff, shades of Shawn Michaels or Sting taking on Vader. Lesnar was just fucking monstrous in this one and Punk was the PERFECT foil to him. I loved early on when Punk attacked with the ring steps and Brock just casually shoved him off. And was Brock laying it in with those chairshots or what? DEVASTATING. Kudos to Punk for delivering a great looking elbow drop. 434 days as champ, only 1 decent flying elbow drop. The finish could have gone either way, but I think it ended fine. Everyone was on point in this match, Heyman included. I really can't say enough good things about this match. Everything fleshed out PERFECTLY. Excellent, excellent match and a strong contender for MOTY. Rating: *****

AJ/Big E. Langston vs. Kaitlyn/Dolph Ziggler. Oh jeez. At least it was short. Rating: 0

John Cena [c] vs. Bryan Danielson - WWE Championship Match; Special Guest Referee: Triple H. I'm going to be very honest here: this was a really good match, but it was not great. It didn't come close to touching the level of the various Punk/Cena-matches by a longshot. I don't know what if anything this is attributable to. I just don't think it was as good as it could have been. But it was still really good. The story here was really the coming out party for Danielson and making him look like he belongs, and he did. I'd also like to add that he's more over now than Punk ever has been. The finish was great and it did what it needed to do, establish Danielson as THE MAN. Danielson busting out the flying BOM BA YE was beautiful. They both worked hard and it was really good. Rating: ****

Bryan Danielson [c] vs. Randy Orton - WWE Championship Match. Not really a match per se. Everyone knew this was coming. You know, it's pretty much play-for-play what happened at Summerslam 2011. Anyway, hopefully this sets up a fine Randy Orton vs. Bryan Danielson-feud. Rating: NR

Match of the Show: Brock Lesnar vs. CM PunkRegarding Ratings:
0 - Horrible and avoid.
* - Not good.
** - Decent.
*** - Good.
**** - Really good.
***** - Amazing.

I don't do quarter or half stars.

Hope he starts incorporating it into his offense. Perfect move for a smaller guy.

misac
Outhouse Editor

Postby misac » Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:04 pm

syxxpakk wrote:Just read this cool thing on THE BOARD.

Evolution in 2003:
Past: Ric Flair
Present: Triple H
Future: Batista/Randy Orton

Evolution in 2013:
Past: Triple H
Present: Randy Orton
Future: ????

Wade Barrett going to finally get a go here?

100% behind this!

misac
Outhouse Editor

Postby misac » Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:05 pm

S.F. Jude Terror wrote:Sounds like a good show. Now onto the real action: Total Divas. When are they doing a PPV?

:-D

misac
Outhouse Editor

Postby misac » Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:07 pm

Bianco wrote:Didn't watch the show, I knew that ending was going to happen, the rest of the card doesn't seem that bad from what I read here

I’m glad it happen like that. It makes Bryan a more sympathetic character cause he was screwed.

misac
Outhouse Editor

Postby misac » Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:09 pm

S.F. Jude Terror wrote:Good episode of Total Divas last night guys.

I thought so, I really like the Uso brother.

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The Asylum