Thursday, June 30, 2016 • Midnight Edition • "We deal with the loons so you don't have to."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

LSH #23 Final issue

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

User avatar

Juan Cena

DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Wed Aug 21, 2013 6:52 am

. Total kick in the gonads of a last issue.



I hope Justice League 3K fails miserably.

I hope Time-Warner goes bankrupt.

I hope you Legion "fans" who were suckered in by Geoff Johns are happy watching their "classic" Legion revival become a total disaster. He screwed you over and left you on the roadside with a broken neck.
User avatar

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:10 am

Explain.
User avatar

SuperginraiX

Outhouse Editor

Postby SuperginraiX » Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:20 am

I hope to never hear about the Legion of Super-Heroes again.



Except I'm just starting to watch the LoSH episode of Justice League Unlimited...

I hope to never hear about the Legion of Super-Heroes again on the Outhouse.
User avatar

Juan Cena

DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:26 am

Punchy wrote:Explain.



Trust me, you don't want me to explain. Let's just say the Legion ends with a whimper and leave it there.
User avatar

bkthomson

Rain Partier

Postby bkthomson » Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:17 am

And you are surprised? It is a not important title just write an ending and leave it be until the next title comes out.
User avatar

Chesscub

WTF is this rank?

Postby Chesscub » Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:26 am

Someone had their corn flakes shit on this morning. :lol:
User avatar

bkthomson

Rain Partier

Postby bkthomson » Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:42 am

Chesscub wrote:Someone had their corn flakes shit on this morning. :lol:


Really is there any surprise to this reaction given who it is coming from?
User avatar

ElijahSnowFan

cheese

Postby ElijahSnowFan » Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:47 am

SuperginraiX wrote:I hope to never hear about the Legion of Super-Heroes again.



Except I'm just starting to watch the LoSH episode of Justice League Unlimited...

I hope to never hear about the Legion of Super-Heroes again on the Outhouse.


Yet another example of what's gone wrong with this message board over the years.

Maybe people don't like Nacireman's take on the Legion; I certainly don't always agree with it. But one thing that can never be doubted is that he cares about this property deeply, buys/reads the issues and comments on them.

Lots of people on this board are quick to tell people what the fuck to do about reading stuff "they don't like," while sitting on their high horse and wagging their fingers. "Stop reading it," they say. "You're the reason it existsm because you keep reading it."

So, the question is this: Nacireman started a thread about the Legion. What does anyone expect it to say, other than what it already did?

Some of you need to take the advice you like tossing around from the mountaintops: Don't read the thread, then.

Because at least Nacireman cares enough about the property to post -- which, again, is still the primary purpose of a message board, right?
User avatar

ElijahSnowFan

cheese

Postby ElijahSnowFan » Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:55 am

Juan Cena wrote:

Trust me, you don't want me to explain. Let's just say the Legion ends with a whimper and leave it there.


Yeah, wow. It was...painful, wasn't it?

I disagree with you about what Johns did, as you know -- he wasn't the problem with the Legion. He tried to fix what was broken long before he touched the property, and while you and I don't agree on the fix, I don't think there's much doubt that the property was critically ill long before "Legion of Three Worlds."

Paul Levitz set it up for anyone to pick it up in the future, though yeah, there were some brutal endings to some characters in this final arc.

But nothing in this industry is forever, so we're just going to have to settle in for a wait, hope that a creator comes in with a good take on the Legion and does well with it, if/when it returns.
User avatar

S.F. Jude Terror

OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:21 am

ElijahSnowFan wrote:
Yet another example of what's gone wrong with this message board over the years.

Maybe people don't like Nacireman's take on the Legion; I certainly don't always agree with it. But one thing that can never be doubted is that he cares about this property deeply, buys/reads the issues and comments on them.

Lots of people on this board are quick to tell people what the fuck to do about reading stuff "they don't like," while sitting on their high horse and wagging their fingers. "Stop reading it," they say. "You're the reason it existsm because you keep reading it."

So, the question is this: Nacireman started a thread about the Legion. What does anyone expect it to say, other than what it already did?

Some of you need to take the advice you like tossing around from the mountaintops: Don't read the thread, then.

Because at least Nacireman cares enough about the property to post -- which, again, is still the primary purpose of a message board, right?


Pwnage. :lol:
User avatar

nietoperz

The Goddamn Bat-min

Postby nietoperz » Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:44 am

Basically, this LSH has been the Earth 2 Legion, and is now disbanded.
User avatar

IvCNuB4

Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:48 am

ElijahSnowFan wrote:Because at least Nacireman cares enough about the property to post -- which, again, is still the primary purpose of a message board, right?


You'd think that such a caring and devoted fan would realize that the ending reveal explains what the fuck has been going on in this title all along and might .. just might .. open the door for the next "Legion" series :lol:

EDIT: Damn, Nieto beat me to it :lol:

Spoiler scene

[Reveal] Spoiler: Click to Expand
Image
User avatar

Chesscub

WTF is this rank?

Postby Chesscub » Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:03 am

nietoperz wrote:Basically, this LSH has been the Earth 2 Legion, and is now disbanded.


Which doesn't make sense. Brainiac 5 in the first issue referenced Flashpoint which should've meant it was the post Infinite Crisis Earth. :smt017
User avatar

ElijahSnowFan

cheese

Postby ElijahSnowFan » Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:10 am

Chesscub wrote:
Which doesn't make sense. Brainiac 5 in the first issue referenced Flashpoint which should've meant it was the post Infinite Crisis Earth. :smt017


Yeah, they're clearly trying to jump through a few hoops on that, change that on the fly and hope no one notices, because clearly, the Legion Lost crew is on "Pandora Earth."
User avatar

nietoperz

The Goddamn Bat-min

Postby nietoperz » Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:13 am

Chesscub wrote:
Which doesn't make sense. Brainiac 5 in the first issue referenced Flashpoint which should've meant it was the post Infinite Crisis Earth. :smt017


Flashpoint happened in all continuities and affected the entire multiverse. In other words: it makes sense.

leave a comment with facebook


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: crawley, Draco x, Google [Bot], Sully85, Yahoo [Bot] and 91 guests