Advertisement

LSH #23 Final issue

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Juan Cena
DANG!

Liked in: 130 posts
Title: The Lyrical Peyton Manning

LSH #23 Final issue

Postby Juan Cena » Wed Aug 21, 2013 6:52 am

. Total kick in the gonads of a last issue.

I hope Justice League 3K fails miserably.

I hope Time-Warner goes bankrupt.

I hope you Legion "fans" who were suckered in by Geoff Johns are happy watching their "classic" Legion revival become a total disaster. He screwed you over and left you on the roadside with a broken neck.

"I have my heroes, but no one knows their names"
- Sons of the Desert

Strict31 wrote:I'm not sure that combining the nigh-uncontrollable power of LOLtron with the Nacireman is a good idea. Some years from now, when mankind is on the verge of extinction, we'll be able to look back and remember this moment, and say, "DANG."

http://www.shirtswithrandomtriangles.com/

Check out Christmas in Nacirema
http://www.pandora.com/?sc=sh619160960893481469&shareImp=true#!/stations/play/619160960893481469

Advertisement

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 77 posts
Title: Shitlord

Re: LSH #23 Final issue

Postby Punchy » Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:10 am

Explain.

SuperginraiX
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 84 posts
Title: unpronounceable
Formerly: Sane

Postby SuperginraiX » Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:20 am

I hope to never hear about the Legion of Super-Heroes again.

Except I'm just starting to watch the LoSH episode of Justice League Unlimited...

I hope to never hear about the Legion of Super-Heroes again on the Outhouse.

Juan Cena
DANG!

Liked in: 130 posts
Title: The Lyrical Peyton Manning

Postby Juan Cena » Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:26 am

Punchy wrote:Explain.

Trust me, you don't want me to explain. Let's just say the Legion ends with a whimper and leave it there.

"I have my heroes, but no one knows their names"
- Sons of the Desert

Strict31 wrote:I'm not sure that combining the nigh-uncontrollable power of LOLtron with the Nacireman is a good idea. Some years from now, when mankind is on the verge of extinction, we'll be able to look back and remember this moment, and say, "DANG."

http://www.shirtswithrandomtriangles.com/

Check out Christmas in Nacirema
http://www.pandora.com/?sc=sh619160960893481469&shareImp=true#!/stations/play/619160960893481469

bkthomson
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 36 posts
Title: Invisible Man of the Outhouse

Postby bkthomson » Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:17 am

And you are surprised? It is a not important title just write an ending and leave it be until the next title comes out.
I used to have goals. They were evil goals, but they were goals. -- Dr. Heinz Doofenshmirtz

Dragavon wrote:He's being diplomatic again. :lol:

Zechs wrote:I have to repress you more. You're way too goodie two shoes.

Fat Ollie Weeks wrote:I swear to God, you are so boring sometimes I think you're just a stealth-mod-bot that Jude has coded.

Chesscub
WTF is this rank?

Liked in: 7 posts
Title: Bear du jour

Postby Chesscub » Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:26 am

Someone had their corn flakes shit on this morning. :lol:

bkthomson
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 36 posts
Title: Invisible Man of the Outhouse

Postby bkthomson » Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:42 am

Chesscub wrote:Someone had their corn flakes shit on this morning. :lol:

Really is there any surprise to this reaction given who it is coming from?
I used to have goals. They were evil goals, but they were goals. -- Dr. Heinz Doofenshmirtz

Dragavon wrote:He's being diplomatic again. :lol:

Zechs wrote:I have to repress you more. You're way too goodie two shoes.

Fat Ollie Weeks wrote:I swear to God, you are so boring sometimes I think you're just a stealth-mod-bot that Jude has coded.

ElijahSnowFan
cheese

Liked in: 63 posts
Title: I'm like Atrocitus at times

Postby ElijahSnowFan » Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:47 am

SuperginraiX wrote:I hope to never hear about the Legion of Super-Heroes again.

Except I'm just starting to watch the LoSH episode of Justice League Unlimited...

I hope to never hear about the Legion of Super-Heroes again on the Outhouse.

Yet another example of what's gone wrong with this message board over the years.

Maybe people don't like Nacireman's take on the Legion; I certainly don't always agree with it. But one thing that can never be doubted is that he cares about this property deeply, buys/reads the issues and comments on them.

Lots of people on this board are quick to tell people what the fuck to do about reading stuff "they don't like," while sitting on their high horse and wagging their fingers. "Stop reading it," they say. "You're the reason it existsm because you keep reading it."

So, the question is this: Nacireman started a thread about the Legion. What does anyone expect it to say, other than what it already did?

Some of you need to take the advice you like tossing around from the mountaintops: Don't read the thread, then.

Because at least Nacireman cares enough about the property to post -- which, again, is still the primary purpose of a message board, right?

*Sniff, sniff* "Damn it, Diana...If I'd known they would trade us in for a JT Krul-written Captain Atom and "The Savage Hawkman," I'd have let Superboy-Prime destroy all reality."

"Superman flies and is really strong...what the fuck else do you need to know?!" -- Hitler, expressing his displeasure about DC rebooting and complaints about continuity

ElijahSnowFan
cheese

Postby ElijahSnowFan » Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:55 am

Juan Cena wrote:

Trust me, you don't want me to explain. Let's just say the Legion ends with a whimper and leave it there.

Yeah, wow. It was...painful, wasn't it?

I disagree with you about what Johns did, as you know -- he wasn't the problem with the Legion. He tried to fix what was broken long before he touched the property, and while you and I don't agree on the fix, I don't think there's much doubt that the property was critically ill long before "Legion of Three Worlds."

Paul Levitz set it up for anyone to pick it up in the future, though yeah, there were some brutal endings to some characters in this final arc.

But nothing in this industry is forever, so we're just going to have to settle in for a wait, hope that a creator comes in with a good take on the Legion and does well with it, if/when it returns.

*Sniff, sniff* "Damn it, Diana...If I'd known they would trade us in for a JT Krul-written Captain Atom and "The Savage Hawkman," I'd have let Superboy-Prime destroy all reality."

"Superman flies and is really strong...what the fuck else do you need to know?!" -- Hitler, expressing his displeasure about DC rebooting and complaints about continuity

S.F. Jude Terror
OMCTO

Liked in: 771 posts
Title: Webmaster Supreme
Formerly: Dr. Jude Terror

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:21 am

ElijahSnowFan wrote:
Yet another example of what's gone wrong with this message board over the years.

Maybe people don't like Nacireman's take on the Legion; I certainly don't always agree with it. But one thing that can never be doubted is that he cares about this property deeply, buys/reads the issues and comments on them.

Lots of people on this board are quick to tell people what the fuck to do about reading stuff "they don't like," while sitting on their high horse and wagging their fingers. "Stop reading it," they say. "You're the reason it existsm because you keep reading it."

So, the question is this: Nacireman started a thread about the Legion. What does anyone expect it to say, other than what it already did?

Some of you need to take the advice you like tossing around from the mountaintops: Don't read the thread, then.

Because at least Nacireman cares enough about the property to post -- which, again, is still the primary purpose of a message board, right?

Pwnage. :lol:
I LOVE BLUD BLOOD! - Rob Liefeld

nietoperz
The Goddamn Bat-min

Liked in: 196 posts
Title: Forum Manager

Postby nietoperz » Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:44 am

Basically, this LSH has been the Earth 2 Legion, and is now disbanded.

IvCNuB4
Staff Writer

Liked in: 344 posts
Title: Stop messing with my TITLE !

Postby IvCNuB4 » Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:48 am

ElijahSnowFan wrote:Because at least Nacireman cares enough about the property to post -- which, again, is still the primary purpose of a message board, right?

You'd think that such a caring and devoted fan would realize that the ending reveal explains what the fuck has been going on in this title all along and might .. just might .. open the door for the next "Legion" series :lol:

EDIT: Damn, Nieto beat me to it :lol:

Spoiler scene

[Reveal] Spoiler: Click to Expand
Victorian Squid wrote:In a DC/Marvel cross-over "all your favorite Marvel characters would catch contextually-transmitted diseases and Steph infections."

Chesscub
WTF is this rank?

Liked in: 7 posts
Title: Bear du jour

Postby Chesscub » Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:03 am

nietoperz wrote:Basically, this LSH has been the Earth 2 Legion, and is now disbanded.

Which doesn't make sense. Brainiac 5 in the first issue referenced Flashpoint which should've meant it was the post Infinite Crisis Earth. :smt017

ElijahSnowFan
cheese

Postby ElijahSnowFan » Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:10 am

Chesscub wrote:
Which doesn't make sense. Brainiac 5 in the first issue referenced Flashpoint which should've meant it was the post Infinite Crisis Earth. :smt017

Yeah, they're clearly trying to jump through a few hoops on that, change that on the fly and hope no one notices, because clearly, the Legion Lost crew is on "Pandora Earth."

nietoperz
The Goddamn Bat-min

Liked in: 196 posts
Title: Forum Manager

Postby nietoperz » Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:13 am

Chesscub wrote:

Flashpoint happened in all continuities and affected the entire multiverse. In other words: it makes sense.

leave a comment with facebook

Next

Return to The News Stand