Advertisement

Cable And X-Force #13 (50-foot rideable war-worms Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 0 post
Title: Shitlord

Cable And X-Force #13 (50-foot rideable war-worms Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:16 pm

Damn you Hopeless and Bunn! All I wanted was a one-issue story with Doctor Nemesis and Forge bickering with each other whilst saving the world, and what do I get? 2 pages of that glory until the rest of X-Force swoop in and do it for them! I swear vengeance! If you thought the Avengers Arena haters were bad, if you thought the irrational Annabelle Riggs fans were bad… You haven’t seen nothing yet! I WILL DESTROY YOU! Ahem, sorry, got a little bit out of control there.

Apart from the disappointment over the lack of Forge/Nemesis buddy-cop fun, this was another strong issue of Cable And X-Force, and one which once more provided some very interesting answers.

We get a more detailed explanation as to how and why ‘Future Hope’ (don’t call her Old Hope, that’s mean) and Blaquesmith started giving Cable his premonitions. The ‘how’ is that they used a Deathlok, and the ‘why’ is because, in the original timeline, Cable retired after AvX, and the world went to shit without him, so Hope needed to change things. The ‘real’ Hope of course admonishes her future self for this, saying that it hasn’t worked, and she may end up just killing their dad. I wonder if Age Of Ultron and the ‘time-quake’ is to blame for the complications here, I wouldn’t be surprised if it was.

Speaking of Cable, he appears here in a psychic sequence, where he finally explains the truth behind his actions to his Uncle Havok. A lot of stuff in X-Men comics these days could probably be sorted out if the characters just sat down and had a conversation, so it was good to see that happening, but it may be too late, because the rest of X-Force are at the doors to the Avengers Mansion to rescue Cable.

It looks like we are going to get yet another round in the fight between these two teams, and I am excited. Now that Hopeless has revealed what’s been going on behind the curtain, this book has moved onto the next stage, and it’s getting bigger and better.

The only real problem with this issue is the artwork, Salvador Larrocca only draws the first half, and the rest is by Gerardo Sandoval, who has a completely different style, very cartoony and angular. I don’t mind fill-ins, but I prefer more consistency.

Advertisement

Black_Orchid
The Virgin Connie Swail

Liked in: 3 posts
Formerly: Pink Peril

Re: Cable And X-Force #13 (50-foot rideable war-worms Spoile

Postby Black_Orchid » Wed Aug 21, 2013 2:46 pm

Forge is alive again? I was sure he'd be one the those to stay dead for at least a decade.

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 0 post
Title: Shitlord

Postby Punchy » Wed Aug 21, 2013 5:16 pm

Black_Orchid wrote:Forge is alive again? I was sure he'd be one the those to stay dead for at least a decade.

I didn't even know he was dead!

Black_Orchid
The Virgin Connie Swail

Liked in: 3 posts
Formerly: Pink Peril

Postby Black_Orchid » Wed Aug 21, 2013 6:10 pm

Punchy wrote:
I didn't even know he was dead!

I thought they offed him in Astonishing X-Men #30 but looking at Scans Daily, no body yada-yada.

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand