Saturday, December 3, 2016 • Morning Edition • "At least we're not CBR!"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

HAHAHAHA (Or "Lobo in the New 52")

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

HNutz

Rain Partier

Postby HNutz » Fri Aug 23, 2013 2:25 pm

Grayson wrote:
I am definitely not a fan of Lobo, so aside from being drawn by Rob Liefeld I don't see what's wrong there. Was he acting out of character?

Ding! Ding! Ding! Ding!

MrBlack

WTF is this rank?

Postby MrBlack » Fri Aug 23, 2013 2:28 pm

Thunderstorm wrote:I thought we were supposed to embrace radical new looks for existing characters? But if I can say this Lobo doesn't look like Lobo and not get flamed, that would be nice.

No, it absolutely doesn't look like Lobo. The artist took a couple of elements from his original look and jettisoned the rest.

I'm willing to give it a shot, if only because the writer sounds enthusiastic about the product, but I can see that fans of the original character may be PISSED.

oogy

Zombie Guard

Postby oogy » Fri Aug 23, 2013 2:32 pm

People like Lobo?

Thunderstorm

Not a Kardashian

Postby Thunderstorm » Fri Aug 23, 2013 2:32 pm

I used to be a fan way back when, so I'm not pissed. But he looks like a Final Fantasy character. Not Lobo at all. Maybe Kid Lobo or Lobo Lad.

MrBlack

WTF is this rank?

Postby MrBlack » Fri Aug 23, 2013 2:33 pm

Thunderstorm wrote:I used to be a fan way back when, so I'm not pissed. But he looks like a Final Fantasy character. Not Lobo at all. Maybe Kid Lobo or Lobo Lad.

No, Kid Lobo from Young Justice looked tougher than either of those designs.

e_galston

Staff Writer

Postby e_galston » Fri Aug 23, 2013 3:27 pm

MrBlack wrote:No, Kid Lobo from Young Justice looked tougher than either of those designs.

Yeah he just looked like a "young lobo" he didn't look the complete opposite of the character like these designs are

habitual

Silly French Man

Postby habitual » Fri Aug 23, 2013 3:37 pm

Man of Action did a great Lobo knock off in Ben 10.

Hab

Draco x

Fagorstorm

Postby Draco x » Fri Aug 23, 2013 3:50 pm

So the real Lobo is apparently now the bastard child of a one night stand between the Joker and Domino from X-Force? WTF?

Grayson

Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Fri Aug 23, 2013 3:57 pm

draco x wrote:So the real Lobo is apparently now the bastard child of one stand between the Joker and Domino from X-Force? WTF?

Actually, bringing up X-Force makes me realize that nuLobo sorta looks like what I would imagine that Kid Apocalypse will look like in his late teens/early 20's.

HNutz

Rain Partier

Postby HNutz » Fri Aug 23, 2013 4:08 pm

Grayson wrote::shock:

I don't see this going over well with Lobo fans...

Here's another one from the other thread.

superfictious wrote:Image

There's no real reason why I posted this except holy shit.

Draco x

Fagorstorm

Postby Draco x » Fri Aug 23, 2013 4:10 pm

Here was what King Kong thought of this new design:

HNutz

Rain Partier

Postby HNutz » Fri Aug 23, 2013 5:11 pm

TimDrake'sDumbWings wrote:Yeah, I understand that's a different drawing, but it seems to have all of the offensive qualities of the drawing I initially pulled from Newsarama.

Victorian Squid wrote:They look like completely different drawings because yours is one of a slew of rejects. Sorry bro, they don't look the same at all, they just use a couple similar elements. Yours isn't "Lobo in the New 52".

Really?

I see a lot more similarities between the two than differences. But maybe it's just me.

I like the second one, the "official" one more, even though it doesn't "feel" like Lobo.

At least it's a step up from:

superfictious wrote:Image

There's no real reason why I posted this except holy shit.

Beast A La Mode

Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby Beast A La Mode » Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:28 pm

Black_Orchid wrote:
This one then?

I don't miss the old schtick, so why not? Hook's still there and as long as he's good at using it, I'll check it out.

Herald

Hopscotch

Postby Herald » Fri Aug 23, 2013 7:53 pm

More evidence that the DCnU is Earth-Lame TV/Movie Pitch. They don't care about getting the character right; they're only interested in what some "pretty-boy" actor is going to look like portraying the character. As mentioned, this is "slim Angela Bassett as Amanda Waller" redux. :roll:

HNutz

Rain Partier

Postby HNutz » Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:30 pm

Herald wrote:More evidence that the DCnU is Earth-Lame TV/Movie Pitch. They don't care about getting the character right; they're only interested in what some "pretty-boy" actor is going to look like portraying the character. As mentioned, this is "slim Angela Bassett as Amanda Waller" redux. :roll:

Oh.. he's going to be their Captain Jack Sparrow, isn't he? :smt011

leave a comment with facebook