Advertisement

Breaking Bad: The Final 8 Episodes

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 96 posts
Title: This guy, right?

Re: Breaking Bad: The Final 8 Episodes

Postby Punchy » Mon Aug 12, 2013 4:16 pm

Aaaaaah, so fucking good.

And so funny, Badger and Skinny Pete for life!

Advertisement

Victorian Squid

Happy Pony Day!

Liked in: 17 posts
Formerly: Schmormerly

Postby Victorian Squid » Mon Aug 12, 2013 4:20 pm

Punchy wrote:Aaaaaah, so fucking good.

And so funny, Badger and Skinny Pete for life!

Check this out, someone animated Badger's Star Trek story!!

http://www.vulture.com/2013/08/breaking ... mated.html

Chris
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 89 posts
Title: Stuff Writer
Formerly: Chris

Postby Chris » Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:18 pm

Well, that was intense.

Fucking Jesse...

fieldy snuts
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 308 posts
Title: Burrr
Formerly: Sweet James Jones

Postby fieldy snuts » Sun Aug 18, 2013 10:07 pm

So Todd and his neo-nazi uncle and co are back in the picture.

I'm betting in the preview that
[Reveal] Spoiler: Click to Expand
Jesse's talking to Saul and they're making it look like it happened in the interrogation.

fieldy snuts
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 308 posts
Title: Burrr
Formerly: Sweet James Jones

Postby fieldy snuts » Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:43 pm

one fire gets put out and an even bigger one starts. wonder if jesse will find out about jane soon as well :shock:

i pity those watching the VMA's over breaking bad.
Last edited by fieldy snuts on Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 1276 posts
Title: The Intersect
Formerly: Sakie

Postby Grayson » Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:15 pm

:shock:

This show is absolutely fantastic when it comes to blindsiding the audience. Holy shit that was amazing!
ImageImageImage

Chris
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 89 posts
Title: Stuff Writer
Formerly: Chris

Postby Chris » Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:38 pm

The way Vince Gilligan has plotted this show out is nothing short of masterful.

guitarsmashley
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 411 posts
Title: Self Important

Postby guitarsmashley » Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:58 am

The problem is we know Jesse doesn't get to light the match.
doombug wrote:You really are the george carlin of the outhouse. that's fucking hilarious.

doombug wrote:and yeah, Yoni called it. :drunk

I feel like a condemned building with a brand new flag pole.
- Les Paul

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:52 am

fieldy snuts wrote:i pity those watching the VMA's over breaking bad.

Holy crap, people actually did that?! :smt011

Last night episodes from the final seasons of both Breaking Bad and Dexter were on but instead people wanted to watch an award show on MTV for something that you can't even find on MTV anymore. Seriously the VMA's don't even matter, they just arbitrarily go around giving awards to people that probably won't get them when the Grammy Awards rolls into town. This is why good shows constantly struggle in the ratings but America is "privileged" to have 6 variations of the Real Housewives.
ImageImageImage

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:17 pm

Alright, I believe that I have had enough time to properly process what happened last night:

If I am being 100% honest, the only story line that doesn't really interest me is the one revolving around Todd, his creepy uncle and associates, and Lydia. I know that eventually that story line will intersect with the main story line but I feel that the rest of the show is so good, taking time away from it for these characters is a disservice.

For 4 seasons, this show repeatedly backed Walt into one dangerous corner after another so it is definitely interesting to see other characters being backed into corners of their own now. Hank's arc in particular is phenomenal. You have always kinda rooted for Walt to get away with everything but now that Hank has discovered the truth and Walt has used that to gain leverage over him, all bets are off. While nobody was killed, Walt's video "confession" may be one of his most brilliantly ruthless moments to date. Now I want Hank to get the information that he needs to save himself and bring possibly bring Walt down. Dean Norris is doing a spectacular job conveying every emotion that you would expect Hank to be going through right now and it would be a crime if he didn't submit himself for Best Supporting Actor this year.

My God, Jesse's arc is brutally tragic. The scene in the desert between him and Walt was difficult to watch because we know the truth but that didn't change the fact that you wanted what Mr. White was saying to him to be sincere. Not going to lie, I got a little teary when Walt hugged Jesse. Then just when you think that Jesse is going to be able to walk away and get somewhat of a happy ending, it all comes crashing down on him and you. Damn, I just thought that the hug was one of the most heart breaking moments of the show but the moment that Jesse realized just how deeply everything went was just as bad. A few weeks ago I said that I hoped that Walt wouldn't need to buy that weapon in the flash forwards to go after or defend himself from Jesse but now I fear that is a serious possibility.
ImageImageImage

Amoebas
Son of Stein

Liked in: 581 posts
Title: Amorphous Anomoly

Postby Amoebas » Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:38 pm

I thought Jesse's realization was a little forced but god damn - this show is awesome!

I truly thought Saul was dead.

And Jesse's logic is faulty isn't it? I thought Brock wasn't poisoned with ricin but by the berries by the pool. Jesse may not know the latter part of the that, but he definitely knows the former.

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 96 posts
Title: This guy, right?

Postby Punchy » Tue Aug 27, 2013 6:07 am

I don't think Jesse's realisation was forced, if you remember, he originally thought Huell and Saul had stolen the cigarette from him, but Walt convinced him otherwise, that he had simply lost it and Gus had poisoned Brock with something else, but now his original suspicion is just confirmed.

Jesse knows that Walt is pretty much always lying to him, I bet now he's looking back at that whole fake drama with the cigarette being in the Roomba and thinking... 'wait a minute...'

And even if he is making a logic leap, he got Saul to fill in the gaps at gunpoint.

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:07 am

I don't think that Jesse's logic is faulty at all. Basically, Jesse knows that Brock was poisoned by berries and not the ricin cigarette, however, Jesse has been with Walt since day one of Walt's transformation into Heisenberg. Just look at the conversation in the desert, Jesse knows how manipulative Walt can be when he wants something bad enough and Walt needed Gus Fring out of the picture. Plus, Jesse has come along way since the first episode, he's not just some dumb kid. Realizing that Huell easily stole the weed right out of his pocket was probably the catalyst that Jesse needed to put everything else together.
ImageImageImage

glasgowceltic
Whale Castrato

Liked in: 0 post

Postby glasgowceltic » Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:29 am

Jesse first suspected that Saul had lifted the cigs off him and he went to confront Walt. He was right. Walt convinced him that it was Gus so that Jesse would help him. Then at the end of that season Jesse was told by the hospital staff that the kid was poisoned by lily of the valley, not risin. He said something like 'well he had to go anyway'.
When Jesse realized how easily the weed got lifted from him he realized that he was right in the first place: saul lifted the cigs, walt poisoned the kid.

Amoebas
Son of Stein

Liked in: 581 posts
Title: Amorphous Anomoly

Postby Amoebas » Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:04 pm

I wasn't so much referring to the pickpocketing as I was to Jesse taking a leap of logic about the poisoning.

He knows ricin wasn't the poison (told by the police AND the ricin (he didn't know it was fake) was found at his place) but because he again thinks Walt stole his (ricin laden) cigarette - this somehow means Walt was the poisoner despite Walt's story of Fring's previous attacking of kids made perfect sense.

Having Jessie crash the White's pool (knowing no one was home) and finding the plants would have been a stronger catalyst imo.

Ah well, perceived on my part or not - this is one of the best shows ever!

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The Asylum