Advertisement

Marvel Unlimited Plus Offers Early News and Creator Access for Money

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LOLtron
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 234 posts

Postby LOLtron » Tue Aug 27, 2013 4:32 pm

Previously, you had to work for CBR or Newsarama and write approved fluff pieces and five star reviews for this kind of treatment!

Source: Press Release

Marvel has revealed a new tier to their Marvel Unlimited subscription service, which allows readers access to over 13,000 digital comics. The new Unlimited Plus subscription comes with the same comics, but also offers exclusive first row seating at certain convention panels, access to Marvel's press releases at the same they're sent out to the media (unless it's an "exclusive," probably), and a special welcome pack with an Ultron action figure, a copy of Age of Ultron #10, and a member id card. Marvel Unlimited Plus, at $99 annually, is still a better deal than paying $9.99 a month for regular unlimited, though the regular unlimited annual fee is only $69.

Not a bad deal if you want some extras, though we think the regular Unlimited annual membership is still the best bang for your buck.

Here's the press release:

The Debut of MARVEL UNLIMITED PLUS!

The Birth Of The Ultimate Marvel Fan Experience Is Here!

New York, NY – August 27th, 2013 – Today, prepare to become the ultimate Marvel Fan with Marvel Unlimited Plus! A bold initiative that takes the massively popular Marvel Unlimited to the next level, this exciting new membership tier is your all-access pass to the Marvel Universe and more! Beyond gaining access to thousands of classic and newer Marvel digital comics, Marvel Unlimited Plus members cement their place as true members of the Marvel Universe, gaining unprecedented entry to their favorite characters, creators, merchandise, and more!

Exclusive benefits and surprises await all Marvel Unlimited Plus members, including:

·         Instant Access To Over 13,000 Digital Comics– Thousands of digital comics for the iPhone®, iPad®, select Android™ devices and the web, so you can jump in on your favorite Marvel adventures, anytime, anywhere.

·         Collectible Plus Member Kit – Age Of Ultron Edition– score a limited edition Hasbro Marvel Legends 6” AU Variant Ultron figure, an exclusive variant copy of Age of Ultron #10 with art by superstar artist Salvador Larroca, a collectible Age of Ultron comics box , and a personalized member card!

·         Benefits and Perks– Access to breaking Marvel news as it goes to major news outlets! Factor in a 15% discount at the Marvel Digital Comics Shop and 10% off discount every day at MarvelStore.com, there’s nothing stopping you from getting the best of what Marvel has to offer.

·         Exclusive Member Con Events– Gain a front-row seat to the Marvel Universe with special events and promotions directly tailored to Marvel Unlimited Plus members! Interact with top Marvel talent at exclusive con events with special exclusive merchandise and other surprises.

“Our fans are our top priority here at Marvel,  and we’re always looking for new ways to elevate their relationship with the Marvel universe and diverse cast of characters,” said Peter Phillips, SVP & GM of Marvel’s Digital Media Group. “Marvel Unlimited Plus is that next level, rewarding fans for their exceptional loyalty while bringing them closer than ever to the content they love so much. Simply put, people will be kicking themselves if they don’t hop onboard this amazing opportunity!”

Launched in November 2007, Marvel Unlimited was the first major digital comics initiative from any of the top North American comic book publishers. This innovative all-you-can-read subscription service offers over 13,000 of Marvel’s greatest comics in digital form—and that number grows every week! Incredibly, the Marvel Unlimited library is still the most comprehensive digital comics library offered by any comics publisher. 

This exclusive access and all of these exciting perks are available starting TODAY for only $99 for an annual membership! There are no mightier fans in any universe than Marvel’s, and now’s the time to show your Marvel pride by heading to www.marvel.com/unlimited and getting in on the action!

Written or Contributed by Jude Terror

READ THIS ARTICLE ON THE FRONT PAGE, HUMANS!

Advertisement

Supersoldier Washout
Rorshach Test Subject

Liked in: 202 posts
Location: I can't really say. I'm currently what they call "AWOL" from S.H.I.E.L.D.
Title: Will Fight for Beer

Re: Marvel Unlimited Plus Offers Early News and Creator Acce

Postby Supersoldier Washout » Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:04 am

The "Exclusive Member Con Events" thing, I'm thinking, will be the biggest selling point for this package. One I would be surprised to see them actually follow through on.

And I can't, for the life of me, understand why anyone would want that "Age of Ultron" stuff.

TimDrake'sDumbWings
Motherfucker from Hell

Liked in: 2 posts
Title: I mean... ROBINS have wings...
Formerly: DOOP SPEAK

Postby TimDrake'sDumbWings » Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:32 am

Supersoldier Washout wrote:The "Exclusive Member Con Events" thing, I'm thinking, will be the biggest selling point for this package. One I would be surprised to see them actually follow through on.

And I can't, for the life of me, understand why anyone would want that "Age of Ultron" stuff.

Yeah, the only reason to get this is if you're a huge Ultron fan.

I like the action figure promotions Marvel Unlimited used to do. I'm still kicking myself for not getting on it when I could have snapped up the Archangel figure.

Draco x
FROGMAN

Liked in: 320 posts

Postby Draco x » Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:40 am

Sounds interesting except any mention of AOU.

S.F. Jude Terror
OMCTO

Liked in: 757 posts
Title: Webmaster Supreme
Formerly: Dr. Jude Terror

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:51 am

Supersoldier Washout wrote:The "Exclusive Member Con Events" thing, I'm thinking, will be the biggest selling point for this package. One I would be surprised to see them actually follow through on.

The thing is, they don't say all panels. It will probably be a special Marvel Unlimited Plus Panel at 9AM on a Sunday morning, not the Marvel Movies panel or anything.

eltopo
Twenty-Something

Liked in: 0 post
Title: The greatest poster ever
Formerly: Mister Fister, Johhny Assplay,TerriG

Postby eltopo » Wed Aug 28, 2013 2:30 pm

the comics you can read are old comics right ? You don't get access to new releases?

S.F. Jude Terror
OMCTO

Liked in: 757 posts
Title: Webmaster Supreme
Formerly: Dr. Jude Terror

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Wed Aug 28, 2013 2:33 pm

eltopo wrote:the comics you can read are old comics right ? You don't get access to new releases?

I think it's like six months delay.
I LOVE BLUD BLOOD! - Rob Liefeld

eltopo
Twenty-Something

Postby eltopo » Wed Aug 28, 2013 3:22 pm

S.F. Jude Terror wrote:
I think it's like six months delay.

I dunno if that's worth a $100 bucks a year

TimDrake'sDumbWings
Motherfucker from Hell

Postby TimDrake'sDumbWings » Wed Aug 28, 2013 3:25 pm

eltopo wrote:I dunno if that's worth a $100 bucks a year

First off, this is a deluxe service. The $70 service offers the same selection.

Second, you don't buy $70 worth of back issues in a year? I was probably buying a little bit more than that in the past year via Comixology, so it was a great deal for me. If you don't buy that much, though, it makes sense to say that's a lot.

eltopo
Twenty-Something

Postby eltopo » Wed Aug 28, 2013 3:50 pm

TimDrake'sDumbWings wrote:
First off, this is a deluxe service. The $70 service offers the same selection.

Second, you don't buy $70 worth of back issues in a year? I was probably buying a little bit more than that in the past year via Comixology, so it was a great deal for me. If you don't buy that much, though, it makes sense to say that's a lot.

I dunno I don't think I buy 70 bucks of back issues a year

TimDrake'sDumbWings
Motherfucker from Hell

Postby TimDrake'sDumbWings » Wed Aug 28, 2013 3:54 pm

eltopo wrote:I dunno I don't think I buy 70 bucks of back issues a year

Including trades/hardcovers?

Shotgunjim
Faster Pussycat

Postby Shotgunjim » Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:59 am

Is this available outside the US??

eltopo
Twenty-Something

Postby eltopo » Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:16 pm

TimDrake'sDumbWings wrote:
Including trades/hardcovers?

yeah I primarily buy new stuff every week and that's about it
maybe a trade here or there (though most trades I get aren't marvel )

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand