Advertisement

New IDW Marketing Manager Excited to Shun Outhouse

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LOLtron
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 202 posts

Postby LOLtron » Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:35 pm

Rosalind Morehead is looking forward to never responding to emails from The Outhouse and acting like we don't exist.

Source: Press Release

The Outhouse would like to congratulate Rosalind Morehead, IDW's newly appointed head of Marketing and PR, and welcome her to the fold of company PR reps that do their best to ignore the existence of our website. The Outhouse has a long history of sending emails to IDW requesting to be added to their review copies list and to receive previews and solicitations, and IDW has proudly never responded to a single one of them, and we're exciting to see this tradition of passive indifference passed down to a new generation of executives.

"I've been sending IDW emails since 2008, to no less than three different PR reps" said a proud Jude Terror, webmaster of The Outhouse. "They haven't responded to a single one of them. We were beginning to think that there were no actual human beings at the company at all, only a sentient AI program programmed to write press releases, which would explain why they publish so many Transformers comics."

"If it weren't for the picture of Morehead in IDW's press release," Terror continued," I'd be absolutely convinced she's a figment of somebody's imagination, but there she is, clearly leaning against a counter in the IDW lobby. We had the photo analyzed by photoshop expert Vlad Kozinkerov and he confirmed that it hasn't been doctored. So she's real."

The Outhouse knows that IDW does receive our emails, since the publisher did add the website to its press release list many years ago, but it was done without a response, and we've never received a communication from the company that wasn't a generic press release sent to hundreds of other sites.

"They spam us twice, once with the original press releases, and then again a few hours later with the newsletter they send to fans containing the same info," Terror explained. "But when we send them an email like 'Hey, we're big fans of GI Joe: Real American Hero, maybe you could send us some review copies and we could give them a nice write up,' we get deafening silence in return. What the hell?"

"It's not like other companies don't send us stuff," he continued. "Image, BOOM!, Dark Horse, Oni, and a bunch of other independent publishers send us review copies. What makes IDW so special that they can't respond to an email? Just because they're the number 4 comic book publisher in the United States? We're the 87,694th most popular comic book website on the internet, but you don't see us going around with an attitude about it."

"Maybe we should just write a sarcastic article talking about the problem and tweet it at them until they're forced to respond," he wondered. "Publicly calling out a major comic book publisher has never backfired on us before."

So welcome to the comics media, Rosalind Morehead. Hope you survive the experience!

Press Release:

IDW Welcomes New Blood!

Growing Company Expands Marketing and Sales Efforts

San Diego, CA (August 28, 2013) – IDW Publishing has been growing in numerous ways in 2013, from market share in the direct market to sales in the book market to ever-increasing digital sales. To keep up with the exponential growth, two key roles are being filled, effective immediately.

Rosalind Morehead is stepping into the Marketing department as Marketing & PR Manager, spearheading the Company’s PR efforts, while Kate Henning joins as Manager of Sales Operations.

“I have been a fan of IDW Publishing for years and I am very impressed with where IDW has been, and most importantly, where it is going. I am excited and honored to be joining the team,” said Morehead, whose most recent experience includes eight years in sales and marketing at Mad Catz, Inc.

“We’re thrilled to add Rosalind to the team,” said IDW’s Vice-President of Marketing Dirk Wood. “It’s been no secret that we’re doing exciting things at IDW. But one look at some of the projects on the horizon made it clear we need to take the next step, and expand our Marketing Department. Rest assured, the world is going to be hearing a lot more about IDW soon.”

As a former Brand Manager at Diamond Comics Distributors, Kate Henning joins the company with a unique understanding of the relationship between publishers, distributors and retailers. “IDW has one of the best teams in the business and I couldn't be happier about the opportunity to join them,” said Henning. “My time with Diamond nurtured a comprehensive view of how our industry works and I'm so pleased to implement that knowledge from the publishing side.”

“We’re fortunate to be able to bring on board someone as talented and passionate about the comics business as Kate,” said Greg Goldstein, IDW President and COO “As IDW continues to grow, Kate’s role will be critical in helping to traffic the more than 60 to 70 titles we produce monthly.”

In addition, IDW welcomes the arrival of Kahlil Schweitzer, as Sales & Marketing Coordinator. Schweitzer, a recent graduate of the University of Colorado and former IDW intern, will be aiding and abetting Wood and Morehead in the Marketing department.

Written or Contributed by Jude Terror

READ THIS ARTICLE ON THE FRONT PAGE, HUMANS!

Advertisement

TimH
cheese

Liked in: 178 posts

Re: New IDW Marketing Manager Excited to Shun Outhouse

Postby TimH » Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:07 pm

Heh, I guess this story is kind of old, but the title caught me...

I love how corporates are always "excited" about everything.

A British (David Mitchell) comedian made a joke about this (in Britain, the corporates are "passionate" about everything).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bz2-49q6DOI

The Old Doctor
A Damn Cuddly Beast

Liked in: 577 posts
Formerly: /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\

Postby The Old Doctor » Mon Oct 21, 2013 5:46 pm

Wow and we talk so positively of the Transformer titles.
"Why are you pointing your screwdrivers like that? They're scientific instruments, not water pistols."
"Oh, the pointing again! They're screwdrivers! What are you going to do? Assemble a cabinet at them?"
"Are you capable of speaking without flapping your hands about?"
""Timey" what? "Timey wimey"?"

IvCNuB4 wrote:The Old Doctor is Cat-Scratch ?
Well that explains a lot :lol:

Draco x
FROGMAN

Liked in: 251 posts

Postby Draco x » Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:10 pm

I guess they can't handle this "hive of villainy and scum". Well it's their loss and not ours as they don't know what they are missing out on.

SuperginraiX
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 74 posts
Title: unpronounceable
Formerly: Sane

Postby SuperginraiX » Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:40 am

At this point, they've actually given us review copies. I think this article might have helped.

BlueStreak
The Red Stands for Irony

Liked in: 29 posts
Title: Bat-Min Inc.
Formerly: BlueStreak

Postby BlueStreak » Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:36 am

They just presumed we had access to review copies because we've run IDW reviews before. One of their marketing folks was on Reddit and saw a comment I made about them being the largest "non Big Two" publisher that doesn't provide us with review copies and jumped to fix it.

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand