Wednesday, December 7, 2016 • Morning Edition • "Hope you survive the experience!"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Gail Simone: Real Life Superhero?

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LOLtron

Rain Partier

Postby LOLtron » Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:15 am

Gail Simone: Real Life Superhero?

Armed with only a fist, a keyring, and a karate expert sidekick, the DC Comics writer stopped an assault and saved the day.

Source: Gail Simone's Tumblr

Gail Simone posted a personal experience on her Tumblr this morning about stopping a domestic violence assault while visiting her son at college. While waiting outside in her car at night, Simone heard a woman being beaten by her boyfriend, got out of her car, and intervened.

This morning, because I didn't feel like washing a frying pan, I had a cupcake for breakfast. Compare and contrast.

We have nothing to write about this morning, so head over there and read that. Of course, contrary to our headline, Gail's blog post actually implies that helping their fellow human beings is something normal people should just do, which is surprisingly optimistic considering how much time she spends on the hive of scum and villainy known as the internet, but then, that's probably what Batgirl would say too. Your move, Simone.

Written or Contributed by Jude Terror

READ THIS ARTICLE ON THE FRONT PAGE, HUMANS!

achilles

PЦИKЧ ВЯЁ&#106

Postby achilles » Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:31 am

No, not a superhero, just a decent and brave person, the sort you want to encounter when you're in bad trouble like that girl. Kudos to Gail.

Steve Kaye

FACEBOOKTron

Postby Steve Kaye » Tue Aug 27, 2013 6:34 pm

The calm that she mentions is something that usually comes in these situations. I don't know if it's chemical or simply part of the personality of someone who leaps into the fray to rescue or help another person. If it's the first time that has happened to Ms. Simone, she'll wonder about it for the rest of her life. If it's happened more than once, she'll come to realize that calmness is part of her and accept it.

fieldy snuts

Rain Partier

Postby fieldy snuts » Tue Aug 27, 2013 7:59 pm

gotta respect her for taking a stand...foolish for not calling the cops as when ran down there but you don't always think straight in these situations.

GLX

Outhouse Editor

Postby GLX » Wed Aug 28, 2013 2:38 pm

Good on her.

(Would like to read her account, but my local library has blocked Tumblr. :smt013 )

Chesscub

WTF is this rank?

Postby Chesscub » Wed Aug 28, 2013 2:58 pm

GLX wrote:Good on her.

(Would like to read her account, but my local library has blocked Tumblr. :smt013 )

You shouldn't be looking at those Tumblrs then. :P

GLX

Outhouse Editor

Postby GLX » Wed Aug 28, 2013 3:04 pm

Chesscub wrote:
You shouldn't be looking at those Tumblrs then. :P

Her blog ain't like Jimmy Palmiotti's.....is it?

leave a comment with facebook