Advertisement

Journey Into Mystery is Done Again

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Tattooed Jesus
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 715 posts
Title: I'm a Paul Heyman Guy.
Formerly: T-Rex

Journey Into Mystery is Done Again

Postby Tattooed Jesus » Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:46 am

:-(

Sad to see this book end again. I have thoroughly enjoyed it since it returned from all the lil' Loki stuff to the ending with Sif and Beta Ray Bill. I think all the creators associated with the latest runs on this book did a phenomenal job and I am gonna miss reading it each and every month.

Advertisement

MistaT
penile prisoner

Liked in: 12 posts
Title: ThreadKilla

Re: Journey Into Mystery is Done Again

Postby MistaT » Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:36 am

Ever since Lil Loki left I haven't enjoyed the book at all, and I really wanted to like Sif, but her stories were just kinda boring. The last arc with BRB were a little bit of an improvement, but over all the quality just wasn't there for me.

oogy
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 167 posts
Formerly: oogyboy, Elwood P Dowd, OH USER #535

Postby oogy » Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:10 pm

I didn't read much of Loki's JiM series as I was quite burned out on all things Aasgard after Fear Itself.

I picked up this last series based on the art alone and I'm damn happy I did. It was one of the more fun books that Marvel was putting out and I will miss it very much.

Stephen Colbert wrote:Everybody knows I don't see race. People tell me I'm white and I believe them because I get pretty good service at the Cracker Barrel.

Ron Swanson wrote:You may have thought you heard me say I wanted a lot of bacon and eggs, but what I said was: Give me all the bacon and eggs you have.

Tattooed Jesus
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 715 posts
Title: I'm a Paul Heyman Guy.
Formerly: T-Rex

Postby Tattooed Jesus » Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:14 pm

oogy wrote:I picked up this last series based on the art alone and I'm damn happy I did. It was one of the more fun books that Marvel was putting out and I will miss it very much.

Yeah thats why I loved the change in tone when the book went from focusing on Loki to focusing on Sif. It went from a very serious, kinda depressing book to a very fun and funny book, not something that we have enough of in todays market.

chap22
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 175 posts
Title: Pretentious curmudgeon

Postby chap22 » Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:25 pm

MistaT wrote:Ever since Lil Loki left I haven't enjoyed the book at all, and I really wanted to like Sif, but her stories were just kinda boring. The last arc with BRB were a little bit of an improvement, but over all the quality just wasn't there for me.

yeah I dropped it after 2 issues. just didn't grab me.
rdrsfn82 wrote:Chap is right.

john lewis wrote:I got nothing but respect for [Chap]

jsalwen wrote:You're the man, Chap.

DMM wrote:Chap knows what he's talking about.

MoneyMelon wrote:chap is right about pretty much everything

GOSD wrote:chap FTW!

Ntikrst wrote:Chap's right

oogy wrote:All those quotes in your sig ain't lying.

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand