Friday, August 26, 2016 • Evening Edition • "All nerds welcome. Bring your own toilet paper."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Beer thread!

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

DoctorStupid

Inhouser

Postby DoctorStupid » Tue May 07, 2013 8:15 am

Oh yeah, definitely a great point. Water may seem similar enough from place to place, but that's far from the truth. There are massive differences in chemical content and those differences have a huge effect on taste and body of the final beer. Water in England & Ireland, for example, has unique levels of carbonates and calcium which balances out the heavy acidity of roasted grains. Because of this, they have always been famous for having the best porters and stouts. Now of course, brewers typically doctor the water up by adding and removing whatever they want to artificially get the water to where they want it to be, but when it naturally has the perfect content, it works a lot better.

Schlemmer

Rain Partier

Postby Schlemmer » Wed Aug 28, 2013 3:39 pm

MrBlack

WTF is this rank?

Postby MrBlack » Wed Aug 28, 2013 4:17 pm

I prefer this.

habitual

Silly French Man

Postby habitual » Wed Aug 28, 2013 4:22 pm

I've been making tons of wine lately.

Just bottled a Santa Cruz Pinot Noir this weekend, doing a Cab and a Chardonny in a few weeks.

Hab

DoctorStupid

Inhouser

Postby DoctorStupid » Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:09 am

MrBlack wrote:I prefer this.

Now you're talkin'!

Schlemmer

Rain Partier

Postby Schlemmer » Thu Aug 29, 2013 4:05 pm

leave a comment with facebook