Advertisement

Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #20 (spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

MrBlack
WTF is this rank?

Liked in: 47 posts

Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #20 (spoilers)

Postby MrBlack » Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:08 am

James Roberts has been writing some exceptional Transformers comics over the last two years, and this one continues the trend.

This issue isn't as dense with exposition as the last one, although we do get to see Getaway finally reveal Skids' backstory (and fix a potential plot hole along the way). It was actually nice to get a more character-centric issue given that the previous three issues were largely info dumps. Everything is on the table at this point; all that's left is resolution.

I'm actually a bit concerned with how this story is going to turn out, given how quickly the Overlord story wrapped. There is A LOT of ground to cover in the next issue: Rodimus vs. Tyrest, Ratchet vs. Pharma, Cyclonus and Whirl vs. Star Saber. We also have the fates of Tailgate and Minimus Ambus/Ultra Magnus (although the latter seems pretty dead at this point), the fate of Luna 1, and what appears to be the conclusion to the Lost Light's quest to find the Knights of Cybertron. We will see if Roberts manages to ably juggle these multiple plot lines in what appears to be his final chapter with these characters (the following issue is an epilogue, then there's a crossover with Robots in Disguise, and who knows what happens next?).

Advertisement

fieldy snuts
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 161 posts
Title: Burrr
Formerly: Sweet James Jones

Re: Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #20 (spoilers)

Postby fieldy snuts » Fri Aug 30, 2013 7:57 am

Really been enjoying these two ongoings...going to miss them when Dark Cybertron starts....especially MTMTE which is one of my fave monthly comics.

MrBlack
WTF is this rank?

Liked in: 47 posts

Re: Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #20 (spoilers)

Postby MrBlack » Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:22 am

MTMTE got me back into monthly comics. I couldn't stand waiting for the trade.

Dark Cybertron should be interesting, especially with Barber and Roberts sharing writing duties. Whatever happens after, I really hope IDW keeps both of these guys on writing duties, because they're turning out some of the best Transformers comics I've ever read.

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand