Advertisement

FF #11 (You crazy for this one 909 Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 43 posts
Title: Shitlord

FF #11 (You crazy for this one 909 Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Fri Aug 30, 2013 6:37 pm

If this is the last proper issue of Fraction’s tenure on the Fantastic Four titles, then it’s quite a one to go out on. This issue was just pure wacky fun, which makes sense, considering it stars one of Marvel’s wackiest characters, the Impossible Man.

Just as the FF are about to fire up Julius Caesar’s time machine to go find the other FF, they are yanked into the Impossible Man’s universe. It’s great to see the insane green and purple dude again, and Fraction has a lot of fun having him say funny, odd things. But there’s actually a more serious level to Impossible Man this time out, as the reason he’s captured the FF is because he wants them to look after his son, Adolf, The Impossible Boy. Only, Adolf is far from Impossible, he’s actually very Possible, he’s a quiet, timid boy who just wants to read books and not do anything weird, the total opposite to his dad. This is a great idea for a character and man, Allred draws him perfectly, like one of those serious kids who looks like an old man already.

The way Medusa talks Adolf down was written with a lot of heart and emotion, and it’s stuff like this that really makes you see the family-focus Fraction is bringing to these titles, these books are about more than superheroics, they are about families, both traditional ones like the Fantastic Four, and non-traditional ones like the Future Foundation. I can’t wait to see how Adolf fits in amongst all of the other kids, that will be a blast.

Speaking of the other kids, they are up to no good, sneaking Maximus (the mad) into the Baxter Building, where he wanders around, beats up a HERBIE and raids the fridge. I continue to really love what Fraction is doing with those robots, they are just so weird. I’m also intrigued by what ‘Julius Caesar’ is up to, at first I thought he was going to be a villain, but then he seemed like a stand up dude, but now it looks like I was right initially. What’s his issue with Doom? Why is he working with Maximus, and what about Kid Immortus?

It’s a real shame that Fraction is leaving this title, but I have high hopes that this book will still be good, Allred’s artwork is a major part of why FF is so good, and he’ll still be around, and hey, he’s a pretty good writer himself. So long Matt, thanks for all the crazy, and thanks for making the possible impossible! Wait, should that be the other way around?

Advertisement

Pink_Orchid
The Virgin Connie Swail

Liked in: 69 posts
Formerly: Pink Peril

Re: FF #11 (You crazy for this one 909 Spoilers)

Postby Pink_Orchid » Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:10 pm

Couldn't resist. Had to get this series, and thank you zombie jesus, it is so good. Looking forward to getting all the back issues.

Stephen Day
Wrasslin' Fan

Liked in: 287 posts
Title: Maple Leaf Ninja

Postby Stephen Day » Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:24 pm

I really like the Impossible Boy to. I do believe he makes for as really fun addition to the MU.

Thank you Troy for the sig

TimDrake'sDumbWings
Motherfucker from Hell

Liked in: 1 post
Title: I mean... ROBINS have wings...
Formerly: DOOP SPEAK

Postby TimDrake'sDumbWings » Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:08 am

This issue was great, but it bothers me that--to the very end--Fraction was setting up plot threads he won't be sticking around to finish himself (Maximus/Julius.) I know Allred's brother will be working from Fraction's plot outlines, but I can just wait the 6 months until this hits Marvel Unlimited.

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand