Advertisement

The Official Outhouse All Wrestling Thread!

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Stephen Day
Wrasslin' Fan

Liked in: 26 posts
Title: Maple Leaf Ninja

Re: The Official Outhouse All Wrestling Thread!

Postby Stephen Day » Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:29 pm

syxxpakk wrote:I'm currently reading Hall of Fame: Heels by Greg Oliver and company. Fantastic book. I'd give it a hearty recommendation as it gives some real insight to guys you might not have heard of or know anything about. My favorite bit so far was the section of Johnny Valentine.

Greg Oliver's books are all great. My favourite is the one on Tag-Teams. :)

Thank you Troy for the sig

Advertisement

syxxpakk

Wrasslin' Fan

Liked in: 4 posts
Title: The Wrasslin' Fan

Postby syxxpakk » Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:29 pm

Also can't recommend Blood Red Turns Dollar Green enough. As far as works of literature go, probably not going to top ten any "Greatest of"-lists. But as far as fictional novels about pro wrestling, it's definitely #1. It follows the story of a promoter and his driver through a turbulent decade of business that was the 70s. And when it gets to the end and you start to piece together just what the promoter is doing? It's a whole other level of awesome.

When you're as good as Chael, you can only call out people worse than you.

Agent of the Bat
Outhouse World Champion

Liked in: 5 posts
Title: I'm a Paul Heyman Guy.
Formerly: T-Rex

Postby Agent of the Bat » Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:35 pm

Anybody else watching RAW tonight? I have been on and off and I just saw Cody Rhodes lose a match to Orton and then HHH came out and fired Cody :smt102 I am sure that it is total angle driven firing but is there some reason why Cody would need to be taking time off right now? Seemed like he was on the cusp of having a really nice face run and with Cena and Sheamus on the shelf Punk and Bryan seem to be the only other faces getting any time right now.

syxxpakk

Wrasslin' Fan

Liked in: 4 posts
Title: The Wrasslin' Fan

Postby syxxpakk » Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:37 pm

Stephen Day wrote:
Greg Oliver's books are all great. My favourite is the one on Tag-Teams. :)

I knew if anyone had read them it would be you. I figured you for the Canadians book, though! :-D

When you're as good as Chael, you can only call out people worse than you.

Stephen Day
Wrasslin' Fan

Liked in: 26 posts
Title: Maple Leaf Ninja

Postby Stephen Day » Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:46 pm

syxxpakk wrote:
I knew if anyone had read them it would be you. I figured you for the Canadians book, though! :-D

I like that one too. :-D

Thank you Troy for the sig

Bianco
cheese

Liked in: 0 post

Postby Bianco » Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:53 pm

Thunderstruck wrote:Anybody else watching RAW tonight? I have been on and off and I just saw Cody Rhodes lose a match to Orton and then HHH came out and fired Cody :smt102 I am sure that it is total angle driven firing but is there some reason why Cody would need to be taking time off right now? Seemed like he was on the cusp of having a really nice face run and with Cena and Sheamus on the shelf Punk and Bryan seem to be the only other faces getting any time right now.

seems weird unless they are giving him time off for the honeymoom, but I got a bad feeling he is coming back as a goldust variant or something, hope not

On another note, I understand Big Show has been around a while, and there is only so much to do with him, but this 6 months of angry i don't give a crap monster followed by 6 months of crying spineless idiot that have him doing all the time is getting old, at least keep him in character (whatever character longer than 6 months)

Lord Simian
The Lord of the Monkeys

Liked in: 7 posts

Postby Lord Simian » Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:02 am

Bianco wrote:On another note, I understand Big Show has been around a while, and there is only so much to do with him, but this 6 months of angry i don't give a crap monster followed by 6 months of crying spineless idiot that have him doing all the time is getting old, at least keep him in character (whatever character longer than 6 months)

Bring back FUNNY Show. I want a return for Shownan The Barbarian, The Showster, Showkishi.... Well, maybe not Showkishi...

Kerny
Review Grouper

Title: All-American American

Postby Kerny » Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:33 am

Thunderstruck wrote:Anybody else watching RAW tonight? I have been on and off and I just saw Cody Rhodes lose a match to Orton and then HHH came out and fired Cody :smt102 I am sure that it is total angle driven firing but is there some reason why Cody would need to be taking time off right now? Seemed like he was on the cusp of having a really nice face run and with Cena and Sheamus on the shelf Punk and Bryan seem to be the only other faces getting any time right now.

Cody's getting married to his incredibly hot wife IRL and is taking a few weeks of for the honeymoon

His post firing promo was money. I'd love a Rhodes vs McMahons storyline

Agent of the Bat
Outhouse World Champion

Postby Agent of the Bat » Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:04 am

Bianco wrote:
seems weird unless they are giving him time off for the honeymoom, but I got a bad feeling he is coming back as a goldust variant or something, hope not

On another note, I understand Big Show has been around a while, and there is only so much to do with him, but this 6 months of angry i don't give a crap monster followed by 6 months of crying spineless idiot that have him doing all the time is getting old, at least keep him in character (whatever character longer than 6 months)

Agreed, everything he has been doing has been awful this past couple weeks and it doesn't make sense . Escpecially considering how much he hated Daniel Bryan for taking this title from him in 45 seconds. I kept expecting that to play into everything last night and have Show obliterate Bryan and give that reason as to why.

Agent of the Bat
Outhouse World Champion

Postby Agent of the Bat » Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:06 am

Kerny wrote:
Cody's getting married to his incredibly hot wife IRL and is taking a few weeks of for the honeymoon

His post firing promo was money. I'd love a Rhodes vs McMahons storyline

Seems like taking him out with an injury angle would have been better than firing him. I mean if he is only gonna be gone for a couple weeks who is going to bring him back into the company? There is anyone else with the power to to so right now with all the McMahons united like this. I would love to see Dusty and Dustin come back to join Cody against the McMahons, that could be awesome.

Bianco
cheese

Postby Bianco » Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:42 am

Thunderstruck wrote:
Seems like taking him out with an injury angle would have been better than firing him. I mean if he is only gonna be gone for a couple weeks who is going to bring him back into the company? There is anyone else with the power to to so right now with all the McMahons united like this. I would love to see Dusty and Dustin come back to join Cody against the McMahons, that could be awesome.

The only McMahon not accounted for is Shane who is out of the company of course, I don't think Linda will do anything with her political aspirations

The only thing I can see is the board naming someone (Ric Flair or even better Stone Cold)

Or like I said earlier Cody coming back in a disguise

Mr. Log
phrase IV

Liked in: 6 posts
Title: I'm starvin'!
Formerly: Log-Man

Postby Mr. Log » Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:06 am

Bianco wrote:Or like I said earlier Cody coming back in a disguise

His dad did the come-back-in-a-mask gimmick at least once, that could be fun. Of course, Cody's physique is pretty unique, so it wouldn't work at all, not that it stopped Andre or Hulk. Just sayin'.

Lord Simian
The Lord of the Monkeys

Liked in: 7 posts

Postby Lord Simian » Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:37 am

Log-Man wrote:
His dad did the come-back-in-a-mask gimmick at least once, that could be fun. Of course, Cody's physique is pretty unique, so it wouldn't work at all, not that it stopped Andre or Hulk. Just sayin'.

SWEET BABY KONG, I DEMAND THE MASK HAVE A MUSTACHE!

In fact, his name should be MIL MUSTACHIO.

Agent of the Bat
Outhouse World Champion

Postby Agent of the Bat » Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:40 am

Log-Man wrote:

The return of the Midnight Rider!

misac
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 1 post

Postby misac » Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:54 am

syxxpakk wrote:ROH on SBG - 8/24/13

Previously on ROH on SBG: Team ROH bested SCUM in Steel Cage Warfare, ending their reign of terror for good. However it wasn't without consequences, as Jay Briscoe was injured and put out of action forcing Nigel McGuinness to vacated the ROH World Championship for the first time in its existence.

Brian Fury vs. Todd Hansen vs. Kongo vs. Vinny Marsiglia - ROH TV Championship Proving Grounds Match. Winner gets a shot at Matt Taven. Hansen and Kongo are immediately interesting and provide stark contrasts to what you normally get in ROH. Hansen is of the Bruiser Brody/Stan Hansen-variety while Kongo brings to mind Abdullah the Butcher or Kimala. I would even say pair them up as a team and let them run roughshod for a couple of years over the tag division. Anyway, decent match here. I pegged Vinny for the win, but it's Fury who ends up taking the bout. He'll fight Matt Taven next week. Rating: **

C&C Wrestling Factory (Cedric Alexander/Caprice Coleman) vs. #PartyBoyz (Mike Sydal/Zizou Middoux). I like the Party Boyz as the jobber team. Kevin Kelly makes a big deal about how C&C just need one, true pure championship match with no distractions to win the titles. Literally no clue what that means, but they've been beaten by just about every champion team in the promotion for the past year or so. Another decent match with the Factory going over. Rating: **

Inside ROH, Steve Corino shows up. He says he wants to get back to commentary as he is contracted to do. Well there's go the importance of that stipulation. The C&C Wrestling Factory say the same stuff Kevin Kelly did on commentary earlier about wanting a true, pure title match. What the hell does that even mean? Finally, Adam Cole assures everyone that he is on the up and up with honor and stuff. I can't wait until he wins the ROH Championship.

Sonjay Dutt vs. Jay Lethal - ROH World Championship Tournament Match. These two have a storied history elsewhere. It's interesting because these are two guys who actually benefitted and grew, character-wise, in TNA and have now taken multiple steps backwards. Battle of the NO PERSONALITIES. Regardless, they're good workers and that benefits this match immensely. The beginning and middle portions are slower, building to quite the crescendo for the finish. Not surprisingly, Jay Lethal wins to advance with the Lethal Injection. Rating: ***

Match of the Show: Sonjay Dutt vs. Jay Lethal

Regarding Ratings:
0 - Horrible and avoid.
* - Not good.
** - Decent.
*** - Good.
**** - Really good.
***** - Amazing.

I don't do quarter or half stars.

#PartyBoyz must be sooo cool! Being totally fictitious but they could be someone I’d love to hate. :-D

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The Asylum