Advertisement

The Official Outhouse All Wrestling Thread!

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

misac
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 76 posts

Re: The Official Outhouse All Wrestling Thread!

Postby misac » Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:54 am

syxxpakk wrote:ROH on SBG - 8/24/13

Previously on ROH on SBG: Team ROH bested SCUM in Steel Cage Warfare, ending their reign of terror for good. However it wasn't without consequences, as Jay Briscoe was injured and put out of action forcing Nigel McGuinness to vacated the ROH World Championship for the first time in its existence.

Brian Fury vs. Todd Hansen vs. Kongo vs. Vinny Marsiglia - ROH TV Championship Proving Grounds Match. Winner gets a shot at Matt Taven. Hansen and Kongo are immediately interesting and provide stark contrasts to what you normally get in ROH. Hansen is of the Bruiser Brody/Stan Hansen-variety while Kongo brings to mind Abdullah the Butcher or Kimala. I would even say pair them up as a team and let them run roughshod for a couple of years over the tag division. Anyway, decent match here. I pegged Vinny for the win, but it's Fury who ends up taking the bout. He'll fight Matt Taven next week. Rating: **

C&C Wrestling Factory (Cedric Alexander/Caprice Coleman) vs. #PartyBoyz (Mike Sydal/Zizou Middoux). I like the Party Boyz as the jobber team. Kevin Kelly makes a big deal about how C&C just need one, true pure championship match with no distractions to win the titles. Literally no clue what that means, but they've been beaten by just about every champion team in the promotion for the past year or so. Another decent match with the Factory going over. Rating: **

Inside ROH, Steve Corino shows up. He says he wants to get back to commentary as he is contracted to do. Well there's go the importance of that stipulation. The C&C Wrestling Factory say the same stuff Kevin Kelly did on commentary earlier about wanting a true, pure title match. What the hell does that even mean? Finally, Adam Cole assures everyone that he is on the up and up with honor and stuff. I can't wait until he wins the ROH Championship.

Sonjay Dutt vs. Jay Lethal - ROH World Championship Tournament Match. These two have a storied history elsewhere. It's interesting because these are two guys who actually benefitted and grew, character-wise, in TNA and have now taken multiple steps backwards. Battle of the NO PERSONALITIES. Regardless, they're good workers and that benefits this match immensely. The beginning and middle portions are slower, building to quite the crescendo for the finish. Not surprisingly, Jay Lethal wins to advance with the Lethal Injection. Rating: ***

Match of the Show: Sonjay Dutt vs. Jay Lethal

Regarding Ratings:
0 - Horrible and avoid.
* - Not good.
** - Decent.
*** - Good.
**** - Really good.
***** - Amazing.

I don't do quarter or half stars.

#PartyBoyz must be sooo cool! Being totally fictitious but they could be someone I’d love to hate. :-D

Advertisement

misac
Outhouse Editor

Postby misac » Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:56 am

syxxpakk wrote:Also can't recommend Blood Red Turns Dollar Green enough. As far as works of literature go, probably not going to top ten any "Greatest of"-lists. But as far as fictional novels about pro wrestling, it's definitely #1. It follows the story of a promoter and his driver through a turbulent decade of business that was the 70s. And when it gets to the end and you start to piece together just what the promoter is doing? It's a whole other level of awesome.

I plan on trying that one sometime later.

On the subject of wrestling books, I saw that they reprinted Lanny Poffo's poem book for the Kindle. :D

Mr. Log
rubber spoon

Liked in: 129 posts
Title: HRUNK!
Formerly: Log-Man

Postby Mr. Log » Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:58 am

Lord Simian wrote:
SWEET BABY KONG, I DEMAND THE MASK HAVE A MUSTACHE!

In fact, his name should be MIL MUSTACHIO.

misac
Outhouse Editor

Postby misac » Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:58 am

Thunderstruck wrote:Anybody else watching RAW tonight? I have been on and off and I just saw Cody Rhodes lose a match to Orton and then HHH came out and fired Cody :smt102 I am sure that it is total angle driven firing but is there some reason why Cody would need to be taking time off right now? Seemed like he was on the cusp of having a really nice face run and with Cena and Sheamus on the shelf Punk and Bryan seem to be the only other faces getting any time right now.

They said it on the show, he’s about to get married.

He should come back as Matador #3 as a swerve. :P

misac
Outhouse Editor

Postby misac » Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:00 pm

Kerny wrote:
Cody's getting married to his incredibly hot wife IRL and is taking a few weeks of for the honeymoon

His post firing promo was money. I'd love a Rhodes vs McMahons storyline

Maybe he'll come back for Survivor Series and he'll be on Bryan's team against WWE's.

misac
Outhouse Editor

Postby misac » Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:03 pm

Thunderstruck wrote:
Agreed, everything he has been doing has been awful this past couple weeks and it doesn't make sense . Escpecially considering how much he hated Daniel Bryan for taking this title from him in 45 seconds. I kept expecting that to play into everything last night and have Show obliterate Bryan and give that reason as to why.

I don’t mind it but I do hate that he and Bryan are supposedly good friends. And it goes back to Bryan’s storyline from a few months back about wanting respect, Big Show was acting like their match was a forgone conclusion. No respect.

misac
Outhouse Editor

Postby misac » Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:05 pm

I could do without the commentators talking about twerking. Fucking assholes!

Juan Cena
DANG!

Liked in: 105 posts
Title: The Lyrical Peyton Manning

Postby Juan Cena » Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:33 pm

I heard an old friend on Twitter say that Shane McMahon quit his non-WWE job.

"I have my heroes, but no one knows their names"
- Sons of the Desert

Strict31 wrote:I'm not sure that combining the nigh-uncontrollable power of LOLtron with the Nacireman is a good idea. Some years from now, when mankind is on the verge of extinction, we'll be able to look back and remember this moment, and say, "DANG."

http://www.shirtswithrandomtriangles.com/

Check out Christmas in Nacirema
http://www.pandora.com/?sc=sh619160960893481469&shareImp=true#!/stations/play/619160960893481469

syxxpakk

Wrasslin' Fan

Liked in: 110 posts
Title: The Wrasslin' Fan

Postby syxxpakk » Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:38 pm

He didn't. He stepped down as CEO but is still a board member.

When you're as good as Chael, you can only call out people worse than you.

@syxxpakk on the Twitter.

Juan Cena
DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:09 pm

syxxpakk wrote:He didn't. He stepped down as CEO but is still a board member.

Being a board member doesn't equate to his having an everyday role in the running of the company.

Here's the press release.
NEW YORK, July 12, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- YOU On Demand Holdings, Inc. (NASDAQ: YOD) ("YOU On Demand" or the "Company"), the first national Video On Demand (VOD) platform in China, is pleased to announce that Mr. Weicheng Liu, in conjunction with the recently announced closing of the strategic investment from Chinese mobile video service provider C Media ("C Media"), was appointed as the Company's Chief Executive Officer. Mr. Shane McMahon, who voluntarily stepped down as CEO of the Company, will continue to serve as YOD's principal executive officer of and Chairman of the Board.

Commenting on the announcement, Mr. McMahon said, "Weicheng has been instrumental in YOU On Demand's initial success and has done a wonderful job as the Company's China-based CEO. As our operations and footprint continue to expand throughout China, it is essential that the role of the CEO be located within the PRC for both strategic and operational reasons. Weicheng is both a remarkable person and leader and I look forward to continuing to build the YOU On Demand brand with him. With Weicheng's new role, along with C Media's strategic investment in the company and their expertise in the market, I am very excited about the future for YOU On Demand."

Mr. Liu stated, "I am very excited and appreciative to have been named as CEO of YOU On Demand. Along with many others in the Company, Shane and I have worked very hard over the past three years in creating YOU On Demand and I am very optimistic about our future success. We have tremendous potential to continue our creation of a unique, multi-tiered distribution platform that will deliver a wide array of entertainment content. The Chinese media market is changing quickly and we are focused on continuing to adapt in order to best serve its consumers."

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/277723-press-release-shane-mcmahon-steps-down-as-ceo-of-you-on-demand

I get the impression that Shane's new title is more or less a BS one, and things are going to be run inside China from now on. That happens all the time in business. Boards in many cases are just yes-men for the CEO and rubber-stamp his decisions.

- Sons of the Desert

Strict31 wrote:I'm not sure that combining the nigh-uncontrollable power of LOLtron with the Nacireman is a good idea. Some years from now, when mankind is on the verge of extinction, we'll be able to look back and remember this moment, and say, "DANG."

http://www.pandora.com/?sc=sh619160960893481469&shareImp=true#!/stations/play/619160960893481469

syxxpakk

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby syxxpakk » Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:10 pm

LOL. Not having an everyday role in the company doesn't equal quitting, either. It even says in the press release he's still the Principal Executive Officer.

John Laurinaitis is no longer VP of Talent Relations, but he still works for WWE. Did he quit or was he fired? No, he was demoted, but he's still employed. The same applies here. Shane stepped down, but he hasn't quit.

Juan Cena
DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:55 pm

syxxpakk wrote:LOL. Not having an everyday role in the company doesn't equal quitting, either. It even says in the press release he's still the Principal Executive Officer.

John Laurinaitis is no longer VP of Talent Relations, but he still works for WWE. Did he quit or was he fired? No, he was demoted, but he's still employed. The same applies here. Shane stepped down, but he hasn't quit.

Like I said, It sounds like a BS title. He probably still has a decent stake in the company, which entitles him to some kind of title, regardless of how much control of the everyday running of the company he actually has.

What I get from the PR is that the company is that the more of the everyday running of the company is going to be going on inside the borders of China, as opposed to in the US where Shane was running things. (It was apparently HQed in Colorado up to this point). I get the idea Shane won't be making the move to China anytime soon.

- Sons of the Desert

syxxpakk

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby syxxpakk » Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:57 pm

None of what you said says he quit.

Juan Cena
DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:12 pm

syxxpakk wrote:None of what you said says he quit.

Maybe not. It doesn't say he's gonna have any actual say in the everyday running of the company, either.

- Sons of the Desert

syxxpakk

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby syxxpakk » Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:15 pm

Yeah, but I'm not saying he's going to. You're saying he quit when he didn't. See the difference?

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The Asylum