Advertisement

Breaking Bad: The Final 8 Episodes

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 0 post
Title: The Intersect
Formerly: Sakie

Re: Breaking Bad: The Final 8 Episodes

Postby Grayson » Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:51 pm

Amoebas wrote:I wasn't so much referring to the pickpocketing as I was to Jesse taking a leap of logic about the poisoning.

He knows ricin wasn't the poison but because he thinks Walt stole his (ricin laden) cigarette - this somehow means Walt was the poisoner. :smt102

Having Jessie crash the White's pool (knowing no one was home) and finding the plants would have been a stronger catalyst imo.

The plant was disposed of in the first episode of season 5, while Walt was disposing of all of the evidence of his connection with the death of Gus Fring.

Jesse purchased a gun and was ready to use it when Walt came to his house in "Gliding Over All." He believes that Walt killed Mike. Look at all of the rest of the things that Jesse has either seen Walt do or knows that he did. It's really not a stretch for Jesse to suddenly realize that Walt had Saul and Huell steal the cigarette from him. Whether he used it on Brock or not is inconsequential because Brock was still poisoned by something. Regardless of what was used to poison Brock, the kid was still poisoned, and while everyone discovered what caused the poisoning it was probably always dubious to Jesse that the symptoms conveniently mimicked the symptoms that Mr. White told him that ricin would cause. If you remember back to "End Times," Jesse was ready to kill Mr. White but Walt was able to convince him that Gus stole the cigarette and ultimately caused Jesse to side with Walt and sign off on killing Gus. Then, magically the cigarette appears in a Roomba that Jesse already searched. It doesn't matter that the cigarette wasn't used to poison Brock, Jesse is smart enough to figure out that Mr. White could have staged the whole thing.
ImageImageImage

Advertisement

Drcharles
crash test dummy

Postby Drcharles » Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:16 pm

Just found this from my geeky 16yr old 2nd-3rd cousin Sammy, and started watching it just last week on NetFlik...........Brilliant, Ive got a lot to get through, so I an't goona read any of this thread...........

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

oh and a pic of ben affleck playing a blind matt is enough to make me not take you seriously.....

fieldy snuts
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 5 posts
Title: Burrr
Formerly: Sweet James Jones

Postby fieldy snuts » Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:11 pm

Jesse............

Hanks obsession and cracks really began to show here with his utter disregard for Jesse's safety.

Amoebas
Son of Stein

Liked in: 3 posts
Title: Amorphous Anomoly

Postby Amoebas » Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:23 pm

Who saw "Old Yeller?" Who cried when Old Yeller got shot at the end?

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Tue Sep 03, 2013 3:33 pm

While I didn't feel that "Rabid Dog" was as strong as the previous 3 episodes, it certainly did have some great moments.

At this point, Skyler seems to have developed a callus from Walter's lies but it was interesting to see Walt Jr. call his father out on them for a change. Sure, Walt Jr. has no idea exactly what his father is actually up too but it's small things like this moment that really illustrate the cracks in Walt's world. He has been lying to so many people for so long now that he is taking the people who still believe him for granted. As worried as Walt Jr. is about his dad, I wouldn't be too surprised if he doesn't end up following him somewhere that he shouldn't and ends up in a situation that puts them both in danger.

The "Old Yeller" conversation was priceless and it was perfect coming from Saul but the conversation between Walt and Skyler afterwards was perhaps the most interesting conversation of the night. Skyler seems to have completely given up on any notion of getting away from the world that Walt has forced her into and instead seems to reluctantly embrace it here.

Meanwhile, we discover what happened between the ending of the last episode and the beginning of this episode. Hank bringing Jesse home was bizarre in and of itself but the brief moment between Jesse and Marie was fantastic. 58 episodes in, this is the first moment these two characters have been on the screen together, and it's just about coffee. Of course they had no reason to meet prior to this, which is why I think that it was brilliant that they were still separated by a hallway. The only moment that I thought was a little off was the fact that Gomez was present for Hank filming Jesse's statement. Up until now, Hank has been keeping his discovery a secret from his coworkers, so having Gomez there, without having a moment where Hank pulls him aside and confides in him, was a little distracting.

Later, both major arcs of this episode converge for an arranged meeting between Walt and Jesse. I understand that Hank and Gomez really don't give a shit about Jesse but you would think that they would be a little more cautious when it comes to the only person who is willing to say or do anything about Walt. Nope they hastily come up with a plan, slap a wire on him, and send him into a potential powder keg. Granted most of the paranoia is all in Jesse's head but given all of the things that he has seen and knows about, that paranoia is warranted.

Once again, Jesse has a couple of brilliant moments. Namely the call to Walt from the payphone and his moment of clarity as Hank is scolding him and he realizes that he has figured out a better strategy to bring Mr. White down. Now the question becomes, will Jesse be able to do whatever it is he has decided to do before Walt can take action of his own? I was incredibly happy to have another episode free of Lydia, Todd, and company but the timely call placed at the end of the episode dashes my hopes that it will last.
ImageImageImage

outsider
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 4 posts
Title: Absent
Formerly: Scantronman, _OM_ & cyclopsfan

Postby outsider » Tue Sep 03, 2013 3:43 pm

This show handles tiny moments perfectly.
Just when we think Hank has become the hero-du-jour, he shows his asshole/semi-racist roots during a simple mic-check on Jesse's wiretap. :lol:
I also loved Skylar seeing past the "bullshit" and getting Walt to admit what really happened with the gasoline in the house - such a husband/wife moment where they both let their guard down and just talked (regardless of the crazy context of a drug addict potentially burning your own house down).

After last week, I really thought Junior was going to bite it in a house fire - so glad to see that the show doesn't take the expected path.
-

concreatjungle
Naked, Greased-Up Deaf Guy

Postby concreatjungle » Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:12 am

I still think Jr is going to die.

pastajoe
FROGMAN

Liked in: 1 post

Postby pastajoe » Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:48 pm

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:57 pm

:lol:
ImageImageImage

fieldy snuts
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 5 posts
Title: Burrr
Formerly: Sweet James Jones

Postby fieldy snuts » Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:05 pm

That was intense.

Chris
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Title: Stuff Writer
Formerly: Chris

Postby Chris » Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:08 pm

GODDAMNIT!!!!!

Fucking cliffhangers!

That was an amazing third act of the episode.

3 episodes left..

guitarsmashley
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 6 posts
Title: Self Important

Postby guitarsmashley » Sun Sep 08, 2013 11:44 pm

so yeah the Nazi's get the machine gun and Hank's dying along with everyone else.
doombug wrote:You really are the george carlin of the outhouse. that's fucking hilarious.

doombug wrote:and yeah, Yoni called it. :drunk

I feel like a condemned building with a brand new flag pole.
- Les Paul

Punchy
Staff Writer

Title: Shitlord

Postby Punchy » Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:46 am

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

pastajoe
FROGMAN

Liked in: 1 post

Postby pastajoe » Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:55 am

I think Hank and Jessie are taken as hostages to force Walt to cook. The other agent gets the star trek red shirt treatment.

outsider
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 4 posts
Title: Absent
Formerly: Scantronman, _OM_ & cyclopsfan

Postby outsider » Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:21 am

:shock: :o :o :x :smt013

... 8)
-

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext