Advertisement

Saltire: Scotland's First Superhero Comic book series

Do you have a comic or other project you want to promote? Feel free to post about it here, but don't just post and run. Sticking around and joining in other discussions is the best way to get Outhousers interested in your work. These topics will also show up in The News Stand and The Asylum, for maximum exposure.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Saltire
Faster Pussycat

Liked in: 0 post

Saltire: Scotland's First Superhero Comic book series

Postby Saltire » Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:15 am

saltire image tm tiny.jpg
Saltire: Scotland's First Superhero

Scotland; filled with myth and legend, a country steeped in history and achievement, its people content with who they are and where they come from. One of the oldest nations in the world, it has a unique identity, distinct from its European neighbours, a land of poets and philosophers, warriors and heroes. It is remarkable that this ancient realm has had no champion within the modern comic book genre......until now.......

More previews on facebook.
What do you think? No tartan hats to be seen :)

Out Late Autumn 2013.

Once I get link priviledges I will post the website. Although the press release is out late September, so will be emailing The Outhouse with more info soon.

Let me know your thoughts though!

Saltire
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Advertisement

S.F. Jude Terror
OMCTO

Liked in: 767 posts
Title: Webmaster Supreme
Formerly: Dr. Jude Terror

Re: Saltire: Scotland's First Superhero Comic book series

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:33 am

Can you answer some questions for me so I can publish a front page article on this?

1. The first Scottish superhero? Really? There haven't been any others? Ever? You know comic nerds will point it out if you're lying.

2. How did you manage to scoop Mark Millar on this? That dude is slacking.

3. In the image, Saltire appears to be nude. Is this an erotic comic?

4. What kind of unique challenges does a Scottish superhero face that, say, a British or American one doesn't?

5. The Welsh. What a bunch of dicks, am I right?

6. Will this be distributed in the US? How will people be able to buy it?

7. Will the comic taste better if allowed to age for 12 years in an oak barrel?

8. You corner a bunch of comic readers in an elevator. They're scared of you because you've got a massive, red beard and you're wearing a plaid skirt. You have 30 seconds to convince them to buy Saltire. What do you say?

9. Bagpipes. What the fuck?

10. Anything else people should know about Saltire?
I LOVE BLUD BLOOD! - Rob Liefeld

Saltire
Faster Pussycat

Postby Saltire » Tue Sep 03, 2013 2:14 pm

Sure thing.

1. The first Scottish superhero? Really? There haven't been any others? Ever? You know comic nerds will point it out if you're lying.
It's been a talking point already. The Fantastic Four had a non recurring female character called Caledonia who was around in the nineteen seventies. The reason he is referred to as Scotland's first superhero is because he is created in prehistory.

2. How did you manage to scoop Mark Millar on this? That dude is slacking.
Both Mark Millar and Grant Morrison have spoken about a Scottish superhero for about a decade now but have never realised the idea. They are both friendly with our artistic director Phil Vaughan.

3. In the image, Saltire appears to be nude. Is this an erotic comic?
No,it's not erotic at all. There's a cod piece covering his unmentionables. The only thing thats blue about this is the colour of his skin.

4. What kind of unique challenges does a Scottish superhero face that, say, a British or American one doesn't?
Scottish mythology and history is totally different than the rest of the UK. Scottish people are very proud of this but it's not well known because of the London centred UK media. Saltire takes place throughout the history of Scotland and into the future, a future where Scotland may be an independent country.

5. The Welsh. What a bunch of dicks, am I right?
I only know one Welsh person and funnily enough his name is Richard. :)

6. Will this be distributed in the US? How will people be able to buy it?
We'll be creating a sizable initial print run which is for international distribution using our own independent Diamondsteel Comics. We also have significant interest from larger international publishers at the moment.

7. Will the comic taste better if allowed to age for 12 years in an oak barrel?
Everything does.

8. You corner a bunch of comic readers in an elevator. They're scared of you because you've got a massive, red beard and you're wearing a plaid skirt. You have 30 seconds to convince them to buy Saltire. What do you say?
Have you ever wished a superheroic immortal being from the end of the world would turn up in a world of Braveheart meets 300 and go head to head with a variety of empires, invaders and mythological super villains all based on the real history of a certain country. No! Well that's a knife i keep in my sock and i'm not wearing any pants, your move!

9. Bagpipes. What the fuck?
Outlawed during the Scottish wars of independence, we like to play the god awful things loudly to distract people from our ginger hair.

10. Anything else people should know about Saltire?
The first book is called "Saltire - Invasion" and is the first in a series of full colour graphic novels. Saltire is a dark and gritty superhero, far from the comical stereotypes of scottish characters of the recent past.

Cheers for the Q and A. Here's an image thats a bit less Playgirl cover shot.

saltire concept art 2 tiny.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

glasgowceltic
Whale Castrato

Postby glasgowceltic » Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:16 am

Saltire wrote:a future where Scotland may be an independent country.

Ok, I'm in.

S.F. Jude Terror
OMCTO

Liked in: 767 posts
Title: Webmaster Supreme
Formerly: Dr. Jude Terror

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Wed Sep 04, 2013 2:20 pm

I LOVE BLUD BLOOD! - Rob Liefeld

Saltire
Faster Pussycat

Postby Saltire » Wed Sep 04, 2013 4:05 pm

Ta fur o' that. That wis a stoater!

We're away to have whisky for breakfast.

:drunk

ben.nunan
Faster Pussycat

Postby ben.nunan » Fri Oct 25, 2013 9:52 am

Hey guys, thought I'd just give you the heads up here with Saltire.

Saltire is a comic series I began work on in 2011, it's in production with Shot in the Dark Comics.

Pages/Art examples can be seen in my blog if you Google my name!

Thought I'd just make this known so when it does come out there isn't any problems!

Ben

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The Creator's Corner