Advertisement

Forever Evil #1 Fuck Chap spoilers

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

guitarsmashley
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 410 posts
Title: Self Important

Forever Evil #1 Fuck Chap spoilers

Postby guitarsmashley » Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:42 am

I thought this was a piece of shit and a sloppy looking piece of shit too. I have no clue what's going on in the DCU right now but this certainly wasn't a good place to start.

And yeah, Bleeding Cool got it right. Nightwing gets outed.
doombug wrote:You really are the george carlin of the outhouse. that's fucking hilarious.

doombug wrote:and yeah, Yoni called it. :drunk

I feel like a condemned building with a brand new flag pole.
- Les Paul

Advertisement

syxxpakk
Wrasslin' Fan

Liked in: 111 posts
Title: The Wrasslin' Fan

Re: Forever Evil #1 Fuck Chap spoilers

Postby syxxpakk » Wed Sep 04, 2013 4:49 pm

My goodness. The CSA are a more realized threat here than ever before. Great issue!

When you're as good as Chael, you can only call out people worse than you.

@syxxpakk on the Twitter.

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 89 posts
Title: Shitlord

Postby Punchy » Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:50 am

So, the big event of the New 52 era begins, and I’m sure that DC will get more shit about how dark and grim this book is, but really, this is a story where the Justice League are ‘dead’ and the world has been conquered by their villainous counterparts and all the other villains. It should be fucking dark.

I thought this was a pretty intriguing opener for this event, did a good job at showcasing who the CSA are as villains, really demonstrated the scale of the threat, as well as providing one very interesting development.

The story opens with Lex Luthor attempting take over another company, and despite being confused about just how Lex is free from jail (in Trinity War he was still in prison), I loved this scene, mostly because the company he was trying to buy was Kord Industries, and it’s heavily implied that Ted Kord is alive and well in the New 52. I try not to let my fanboy out too hard these days, but Blue Beetle II is one of my favourite characters of all time, and the fact that he’s not dead anymore is great news for me. In my heart of hearts I’m hoping that he’s going to become a superhero in this event, but I doubt that, just a nod is enough for me. Anyways, Lex’s helicopter crashes because of The Grid (evil Cyborg) and we see just how the CSA are taking over the world, by shutting down technology and breaking all of the Earth’s villains out from prison. We see them busting Arkham Asylum (where Nightwing is captured), Iron Heights, and Belle Reve, and giving the villains their communicator coin to recruit them to the Secret Society.

It was good to get a bit of development for the CSA, as they only had a few pages in Justice League #23, but so far, I’m liking what Johns is doing with them. Seeing Ultraman crush Kryptonite and snort it up like cocaine was just crazy, I loved it. Ultraman is fucking insane, and it’s going to be awesome when he and Superman finally fight. Because really, nobody believes the Justice Leagues are dead right? The CSA say they’ve killed them, but this happened off-panel in between Justice League #23 and this issue, so no way it’s true, I just wonder how long it will take for the truth to be revealed.

Speaking of revelations, the CSA unmask Nightwing live on TV, so the whole world knows he’s Dick Grayson. I find this an intriguing revelation in a lot of ways, although I do think they should have gone all the way and unmasked Batman. Doing it to Nightwing does make him slightly more interesting (and Dick Grayson’s only ever been interesting to me as Robin or Batman) but it seems like DC chickened out. But then again, if the citizens of the DCU can’t put 2 and 2 together and figure out the identities of the entire Batman Family, then wow, they really are stupid.

The issue ends with Ultraman moving the Moon to block out the sun, which is once again, a great demonstration of the size of what our heroes are up against. But who are our heroes? It looks like Lex Luthor is going to lead a bunch of villains in rebellion against the CSA until the real good guys come back, which should be interesting. I know Geoff Johns’ villain-boner is a bit ridiculous, but hopefully he’s getting it all out of his system here, and we can all move on. And in the meantime, we can enjoy a big dumb event with lots of crazy shit happening. I’m down for that.

David Finch is the artist here, and whilst he’s perfectly good, I still don’t think he suits the DC Universe, I can’t help it, he just screams ‘Marvel Comics’ in my mind, but then, I thought that about the Kuberts and I eventually got used to it. I dunno. The best thing about the art here was how the opening panel of Lex Luthor’s evil eye mirrored the final eclipse image, that was cool.

Forever Evil has gotten off to a good start, let’s hope Johns can keep it up, and this is more of a Sinestro Corps War than a Blackest Night, he’s got to do a good job, this is as I said, the first big DC event since Flashpoint, they need to make it count.

Zechs
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 248 posts
Title: Deposted Despot
Formerly: Blight, Deacon Frost, Heinrich Himmler of S_D

Postby Zechs » Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:51 am

What's this thread doing in previews? :smt017

sdsichero wrote:
I especially like and admire Zechs. He's everything I wish I could be!

Dragavon wrote:Zechs... is...

Zechs...is...

I can't say it. It's too horrible. Zechs...is...not...wrong...

guitarsmashley
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby guitarsmashley » Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:12 pm

Zechs wrote:What's this thread doing in previews? :smt017

Your mom.
doombug wrote:You really are the george carlin of the outhouse. that's fucking hilarious.

- Les Paul

Juan Cena
DANG!

Liked in: 156 posts
Title: The Lyrical Peyton Manning

Postby Juan Cena » Fri Sep 06, 2013 2:48 am

Speaking of revelations, the CSA unmask Nightwing live on TV, so the whole world knows he’s Dick Grayson. I find this an intriguing revelation in a lot of ways, although I do think they should have gone all the way and unmasked Batman. Doing it to Nightwing does make him slightly more interesting (and Dick Grayson’s only ever been interesting to me as Robin or Batman) but it seems like DC chickened out. But then again, if the citizens of the DCU can’t put 2 and 2 together and figure out the identities of the entire Batman Family, then wow, they really are stupid.

Scott Snyder is just gonna looooooove this one.

"I have my heroes, but no one knows their names"
- Sons of the Desert

Strict31 wrote:I'm not sure that combining the nigh-uncontrollable power of LOLtron with the Nacireman is a good idea. Some years from now, when mankind is on the verge of extinction, we'll be able to look back and remember this moment, and say, "DANG."

http://www.shirtswithrandomtriangles.com/

Check out Christmas in Nacirema
http://www.pandora.com/?sc=sh619160960893481469&shareImp=true#!/stations/play/619160960893481469

SuperginraiX
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 103 posts
Title: unpronounceable
Formerly: Sane

Postby SuperginraiX » Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:42 am

Juan Cena wrote:

Yes.

Because the first he heard of this was when he read his own copy of this comic on Wednesday.

guitarsmashley
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby guitarsmashley » Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:22 am

SuperginraiX wrote:Yes.

Because the first he heard of this was when he read his own copy of this comic on Wednesday.

Yeah, As always Nac thinks the comic publishing world works the same way his thought process does, in a bubble with lots of carbon monoxide.

- Les Paul

outsider
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 718 posts
Title: Absent
Formerly: cyclone, Chili con Blarney

Postby outsider » Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:26 am

Juan Cena wrote:
I want to know what Bill Finger thinks about this.
I'll go ask him.
-

IvCNuB4
Staff Writer

Liked in: 424 posts
Title: Stop messing with my TITLE !

Postby IvCNuB4 » Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:50 am

:lol:
Victorian Squid wrote:In a DC/Marvel cross-over "all your favorite Marvel characters would catch contextually-transmitted diseases and Steph infections."

HNutz
PЦИKЧ ВЯЁ&#106

Liked in: 721 posts

Postby HNutz » Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:30 am

Juan Cena wrote:

Handy that he's in the middle of a yearlong flashback story then.

Coincidence?

avengingtitan
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 315 posts

Postby avengingtitan » Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:00 pm

FUCK that was a terrible book. And was I the only one that noticed that Black Adam was in the group shot. You'd have thought that the writer that killed him would remember that only a few months later.
Man DC really hates Nightwing. First Johns and Didio almost kill him in Infinite Crisis and now this. Ugh. I tried to go in with an open mind but god damn this was bad.
Checkout my new Ebay Store.
Comics, Video Games, Action Figures, Pokemon Cards, Yu-Gi-Oh Cards, Disney Infinity, and Skylanders
http://www.ebay.com/usr/pennsylvanias_best_comics

IvCNuB4
Staff Writer

Liked in: 424 posts
Title: Stop messing with my TITLE !

Postby IvCNuB4 » Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:52 pm

avengingtitan wrote: And was I the only one that noticed that Black Adam was in the group shot. You'd have thought that the writer that killed him would remember that only a few months later.

DC already teased about that a month ago: http://www.dccomics.com/blog/2013/08/02/what%E2%80%99s-new-in-the-new-52-black-adam-stars-in-solo-one-shot
Victorian Squid wrote:In a DC/Marvel cross-over "all your favorite Marvel characters would catch contextually-transmitted diseases and Steph infections."

Eli Katz
OMCTO

Liked in: 64 posts
Title: Avatar Winner, Apr 2012

Postby Eli Katz » Sat Sep 07, 2013 7:17 am

No Chap rant, yet. Disappointed!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 89 posts
Title: Shitlord

Postby Punchy » Sat Sep 07, 2013 7:46 am

avengingtitan wrote:FUCK that was a terrible book. And was I the only one that noticed that Black Adam was in the group shot. You'd have thought that the writer that killed him would remember that only a few months later.
Man DC really hates Nightwing. First Johns and Didio almost kill him in Infinite Crisis and now this. Ugh. I tried to go in with an open mind but god damn this was bad.

It looks like Captain Marvel was transformed into Black Adam in Trinity War.

leave a comment with facebook

Next

Return to The News Stand