Monday, September 26, 2016 • Afternoon Edition • "Sometimes true. Always authentic."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

DC Comics’ Intern: Worse Speler Then RU!

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LOLtron

Rain Partier

Postby LOLtron » Tue Aug 13, 2013 11:42 am

DC Comics’ Intern:  Worse Speler Then RU!

Misspelling something so bad that it makes another word? Sounds like RU’s entire academic career…and he has a Masters Degree!

Source: It’s Not Like DC is Swimming in Female Creators to Begin With …

As pointed out by Sue over at DCWomenKickiGass, DC intern, Vlad Kozinkerkov, misspelled two creator’s names in the November Solicitations for November 2013. The error was so egregoius that Vlad ended up changing the gender of each creater.

That’s rite, DC, who is as well known for their gender relations department as The Outhouse is for its subltle whit, didn’t catch that they had changed the sex of two of their creators.

Form DCWomenKickiGass:

and

To be fair to Vlad, it seems that he caught the Nicola --> Nicolas error himself before the solicitations were picked up by us, but the World's Finest mistake made it all the way to The Outhousers’ front page.

Now, you might be saying to yourself: “RU, Vlad is not a native English speaker and his spelling should not be held to the same expectations as yours, soemone who grew up in The United States and has been emmeresed in English since he was born.”

To that I say: Shut up! Let me have this.

In all seriousness, this is the small ball garbage that keeps biting DC in the ass. Although not Gail Simone or Jill Thompson, both Nicola Scott and Emanuela Lupaccino have had enough work with DC, and other comic book companies, that DC should, I repeat SHOULD, be able to keep their gender straight. I’m not going to fault anyone for a few mispelt words, but, c’mon, aren’t there people paid to check these things?

***whispers off behind RU***

What! No, I missed that! DC didn’t even check to see if they could name a book Collider? Does anyone actually do anything over there besides work on two issues and move on? FUUUCK!, this is just sad.

Daniele Didio and Jane Lee need to get their acts together.

Counter reset.

Written or Contributed by GHERU

READ THIS ARTICLE ON THE FRONT PAGE, HUMANS!

Chesscub

WTF is this rank?

Postby Chesscub » Tue Aug 13, 2013 11:46 am

And I'll point out that DC doesn't have a book named "Earth's Finest" :P

GHERU

Rain Partier

Postby GHERU » Tue Aug 13, 2013 11:48 am

thats the mistake you chose to point out?
:lol:
thank you

IvCNuB4

Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Tue Aug 13, 2013 11:58 am

Our version of the solicits has Nicola's name spelled correctly :smt017

Stalzer2002

Motherfucker from Hell

Postby Stalzer2002 » Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:01 pm

DC Editorial treats its creators like interchangeable cogs that can be removed at the drop of a hat regardless of their talent or popularity. Why would you expect them to bother learning their names?

Chesscub

WTF is this rank?

Postby Chesscub » Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:09 pm

GHERU wrote:thats the mistake you chose to point out?
:lol:
thank you

I can see dropping a letter or adding a letter accidentally. You misspelled a word totally. :lol:

It could be a worse mistake.

GHERU

Rain Partier

Postby GHERU » Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:09 pm

IvCNuB4 wrote:Our version of the solicits has Nicola's name spelled correctly :smt017

To be fair to Vlad, it seems that he caught the Nicola --> Nicolas error himself before the solicitations were picked up by us, but the World's Finest mistake made it all the way to The Outhousers’ front page.

S.F. Jude Terror

OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:17 pm

IvCNuB4 wrote:Our version of the solicits has Nicola's name spelled correctly :smt017

I got the text for them from CBR, so more likely CBR caught and fixed it.

LoganRSA

FROGMAN

Postby LoganRSA » Tue Aug 13, 2013 2:02 pm

:smt011

TimH

dINGO

Postby TimH » Thu Aug 15, 2013 3:55 am

Aren't Nicolas and Trevor Scott an alternative lifestyle married couple? I remember when Nicolas was running that inside joke about being an Australian woman (using a photograph of the judge, Gertrude Steinbrenner, who officiated his and Trevor's marriage).

Gaelen Hammond

FACEBOOKTron

Postby Gaelen Hammond » Fri Sep 06, 2013 6:48 pm

no one's going to point out that "emmeresed" isn't a word?

Lord Simian

The Lord of the Monkeys

Postby Lord Simian » Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:17 pm

FBtron wrote:no one's going to point out that "emmeresed" isn't a word?

No, cause the rest of us got the joke.

leave a comment with facebook