Advertisement

"Is He?" and "Are They?" Related To Matt Fraction's "Inhumanity?" (Possible Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LOLtron
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 25075
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 232 posts
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 1:54 pm


"Is He?" and "Are They?" Related To Matt Fraction's "Inhumanity?" (Possible Spoilers)

Postby LOLtron » Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:58 am

Do Marvel's latest trailers point to Fraction's "Inhumanity" event?



Source: Bleeding Cool

Marvel released a trailer on Wednesday that asked the question “Is He?” With the announcement that “"The Marvel Universe is on the brink of a major change. Find out more, September 18th!" That date just happens to be when the third issue of Infinity drops. So it’s natural the two are related.

(WARNING! Infinity spoilers and possible spoilers ahead.)

Could “He” be the person the person Black Bolt claimed Thanos invaded the Earth looking for at the end of the second issue of Infinity?

 

That theory sort of goes out the window with a second Marvel trailer asking “Are They?”

 



Could the trailers relate so something else spiraling out of Infinity? The answer to the question may be in the trailer’s background, which features a mysterious whiff of air. Could it be smoke? Or could it be a mist of some sort? Like the Inhumans’ Terragen Mists, perhaps?  Ah, now we’re on to something.

Back in July Marvel announced Matt Fraction’s “Inhumanity” project, which promised to transform the Marvel Universe by exposing long-lost decedents of the Inhumans to Terrigen Mists released into Earth’s atmosphere. The result is their transformation into the kind of Inhumans we’ve all known and love since Stan Lee and Jack Kirby introduced them during as a group in Fantastic Four vol.1 #45 (joining the previously introduced Madame Medusa and Gorgon).

Fraction described "Inhumanity" to EW.com as “a superhero story and a mythical story, all revolving around turning the world into a world full of superheroes” which provided “a chance to get back to a classic Marvel metaphor of alienation.” Well, the Mutants in the X-Books can’t have all the fun with that now, can they?

Marvel Editor-In-Chief Axel Alonso compared "Inhumanity’s" centerpiece, a new Inhuman book written by Fraction to Game of Thrones, promising the shattering of Black Bolt’s Royal Family resulting from Attalin’s destruction.

The "Inhumanity" event sounds like the best answer to the questions in the trailers. We’ll have to wait for September 18 to find out for sure.



Written or Contributed by Juan Cena


READ THIS ARTICLE ON THE FRONT PAGE, HUMANS!
Image

Advertisement

TimDrake'sDumbWings
User avatar
Motherfucker from Hell
 
Posts: 2853
Likes: 2 posts
Liked in: 2 posts
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 2:31 pm
Title: I mean... ROBINS have wings...
Formerly: DOOP SPEAK


Re:

Postby TimDrake'sDumbWings » Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:33 pm

Maybe each one of these is a Marvel NOW Phase 2 book? If it were, though, I'd imagine they would use the same format as last year.

Juan Cena
User avatar
DANG!
 
Posts: 33171
Likes: 107 posts
Liked in: 128 posts
Joined: Tue Nov 13, 2007 10:03 pm
Location: Nacirema
Title: The Lyrical Peyton Manning


Online


Re: Re:

Postby Juan Cena » Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:49 pm

TimDrake'sDumbWings wrote:Maybe each one of these is a Marvel NOW Phase 2 book? If it were, though, I'd imagine they would use the same format as last year.


It could be two books, but I think they may both be Inhumanity related. "Is He?" could be about Thanos Jr. who may be an Inhuman or of Inhuman decent and doesn't know it. (I suspect it's someone we've met as well).
Image

"I have my heroes, but no one knows their names"
- Sons of the Desert

Strict31 wrote:I'm not sure that combining the nigh-uncontrollable power of LOLtron with the Nacireman is a good idea. Some years from now, when mankind is on the verge of extinction, we'll be able to look back and remember this moment, and say, "DANG."


http://www.shirtswithrandomtriangles.com/

Check out Christmas in Nacirema
http://www.pandora.com/?sc=sh619160960893481469&shareImp=true#!/stations/play/619160960893481469

dairydead
User avatar
Zombie Guard
 
Posts: 9777
Likes: 47 posts
Liked in: 126 posts
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2006 1:12 am
Location: Detroit


Re: Re:

Postby dairydead » Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:28 pm

Juan Cena wrote:
It could be two books, but I think they may both be Inhumanity related. "Is He?" could be about Thanos Jr. who may be an Inhuman or of Inhuman decent and doesn't know it. (I suspect it's someone we've met as well).

I hope its Ryan Conklin
The Firelord to Hawk's Galactus

Chris
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 41354
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 41 posts
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2006 1:10 pm
Title: Stuff Writer
Formerly: Chris


Re: Re:

Postby Chris » Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:52 pm

dairydead wrote:I hope its Ryan Conklin


I bet it's that f**king @$$hole R@ndy O***n... he's pretty much inhuman as is!!!!111!!!!
Image

S.F. Jude Terror
User avatar
OMCTO
 
Posts: 76363
Likes: 477 posts
Liked in: 730 posts
Joined: Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:44 pm
Location: Up Your Ass
Title: Webmaster Supreme
Formerly: Dr. Jude Terror


Re: Re:

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Thu Sep 05, 2013 2:26 pm

Chris wrote:
I bet it's that f**king @$$hole R@ndy O***n... he's pretty much inhuman as is!!!!111!!!!


:lol:

Draco x
User avatar
FROGMAN
 
Posts: 8963
Likes: 1096 posts
Liked in: 311 posts
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:51 am


Re:

Postby Draco x » Fri Sep 06, 2013 4:03 pm

Inhumans becoming the new mutants of the Marvel Universe in the sense of being outcasts should lead to some interesting stories if done right. I would love to know if the Sentinels and other Anti-Mutant groups would start targeting them as well.

IvCNuB4
User avatar
Staff Writer
 
Posts: 10888
Likes: 483 posts
Liked in: 326 posts
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:51 am
Location: Chicago, IL
Title: Stop messing with my TITLE !


Online


Re:

Postby IvCNuB4 » Sat Sep 07, 2013 12:27 am

Apparently "Spider Island" was popular enough to try that plot again with Inhumans :groucho:
Victorian Squid wrote:In a DC/Marvel cross-over "all your favorite Marvel characters would catch contextually-transmitted diseases and Steph infections."

Juan Cena
User avatar
DANG!
 
Posts: 33171
Likes: 107 posts
Liked in: 128 posts
Joined: Tue Nov 13, 2007 10:03 pm
Location: Nacirema
Title: The Lyrical Peyton Manning


Online


Re: Re:

Postby Juan Cena » Sat Sep 07, 2013 4:55 am

draco x wrote:Inhumans becoming the new mutants of the Marvel Universe in the sense of being outcasts should lead to some interesting stories if done right. I would love to know if the Sentinels and other Anti-Mutant groups would start targeting them as well.


I don't know how "outcast" the new Inhumans are going to be, but I expect some conflict with certain members of Homo Superior in the future.

Plus, I've read the book will be more on the line of Game of Thrones in some ways, with Inhumans aligning themselves with various factions of the divided Royal Family.
Image

"I have my heroes, but no one knows their names"
- Sons of the Desert

Strict31 wrote:I'm not sure that combining the nigh-uncontrollable power of LOLtron with the Nacireman is a good idea. Some years from now, when mankind is on the verge of extinction, we'll be able to look back and remember this moment, and say, "DANG."


http://www.shirtswithrandomtriangles.com/

Check out Christmas in Nacirema
http://www.pandora.com/?sc=sh619160960893481469&shareImp=true#!/stations/play/619160960893481469

Draco x
User avatar
FROGMAN
 
Posts: 8963
Likes: 1096 posts
Liked in: 311 posts
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:51 am


Re: Re:

Postby Draco x » Sat Sep 07, 2013 3:57 pm

Juan Cena wrote:
I don't know how "outcast" the new Inhumans are going to be, but I expect some conflict with certain members of Homo Superior in the future.

Plus, I've read the book will be more on the line of Game of Thrones in some ways, with Inhumans aligning themselves with various factions of the divided Royal Family.


Somehow I was just reminded of the Ultraverse for some reason because of this.

leave a comment with facebook


Return to The News Stand



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: FaceBook [Linkcheck], psbot [Picsearch], Stalzer2002 and 90 guests

Advertisement