Advertisement

DC Shocker: Marc Andreyko Takes Over Batwoman, Williams and Blackman's Run Not to Finish? Updated: It Won't.

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

S.F. Jude Terror
User avatar
OMCTO
 
Posts: 76901
Likes: 586 posts
Liked in: 967 posts
Joined: Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:44 pm
Location: Up Your Ass
Title: Webmaster Supreme
Formerly: Dr. Jude Terror


Re: DC Shocker: Marc Andreyko Takes Over Batwoman, Williams

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Sat Sep 07, 2013 2:31 pm

Punchy wrote:
No, it's not the main issue, but the media are acting like it is.


Some of the media is, though most updated their stories, and it's widely known that wasn't the issue.

However, DC is focusing on that because it provides a convenient straw man argument they can easily counter, distracting from the real issue of editorial mismanagement and creator exodus.

You're contributing to that obfuscation.
Image
I LOVE BLUD BLOOD! - Rob Liefeld

Advertisement

Punchy
User avatar
Staff Writer
 
Posts: 34478
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 89 posts
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2006 10:27 am
Location: UK
Title: Shitlord


Re: DC Shocker: Marc Andreyko Takes Over Batwoman, Williams

Postby Punchy » Sat Sep 07, 2013 2:34 pm

S.F. Jude Terror wrote:
Some of the media is, though most updated their stories, and it's widely known that wasn't the issue.

However, DC is focusing on that because it provides a convenient straw man argument they can easily counter, distracting from the real issue of editorial mismanagement and creator exodus.

You're contributing to that obfuscation.


Hey, even if it's not the original issue, DC are still getting shit for it, and it's good to counteract it.

Punchy
User avatar
Staff Writer
 
Posts: 34478
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 89 posts
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2006 10:27 am
Location: UK
Title: Shitlord


Re: DC Shocker: Marc Andreyko Takes Over Batwoman, Williams

Postby Punchy » Sat Sep 07, 2013 2:34 pm

Chris wrote:
Dan? Is that you?


Yep, you've got me, a poster who for years has been accused of having a Marvel Bias is actually Dan Didio!

I played the long con, and I won!

Chris
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 41376
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 49 posts
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2006 1:10 pm
Title: Stuff Writer
Formerly: Chris



Grayson
User avatar
Outhouse Drafter
 
Posts: 8540
Likes: 627 posts
Liked in: 1078 posts
Joined: Sat Jun 04, 2011 9:34 am
Location: The Darkest Timeline
Title: The Intersect
Formerly: Sakie


Online


Re: DC Shocker: Marc Andreyko Takes Over Batwoman, Williams

Postby Grayson » Sat Sep 07, 2013 2:38 pm

Sorry, I just don't really buy the excuse that Batwoman is part of the Batfamily and therefore not allowed to marry. Batwoman, especially this particular version of Batwoman, isn't exactly the most hands-on member of the Batfamily. Besides, why would you want every member of a particular line of books to be exactly the same? It doesn't matter if it's a man and a woman, two women, or two men; I am interested in the idea of a married couple, living in Gotham, dealing with the fact that one is an officer of the law while the other is a costumed vigilante.
ImageImageImage

Punchy
User avatar
Staff Writer
 
Posts: 34478
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 89 posts
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2006 10:27 am
Location: UK
Title: Shitlord


Re: DC Shocker: Marc Andreyko Takes Over Batwoman, Williams

Postby Punchy » Sat Sep 07, 2013 2:41 pm

Chris wrote:Dang! :shock:


There were clues hidden in my reviews. I praised Dan's, I mean my Batcow story in the Batman Inc special, and nobody noticed!

TimDrake'sDumbWings
User avatar
Motherfucker from Hell
 
Posts: 2858
Likes: 2 posts
Liked in: 2 posts
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 2:31 pm
Title: I mean... ROBINS have wings...
Formerly: DOOP SPEAK


Re: DC Shocker: Marc Andreyko Takes Over Batwoman, Williams

Postby TimDrake'sDumbWings » Sat Sep 07, 2013 2:49 pm

...Can't we just get Andreyko back on Kate Spencer Manhunter? I'd like that a lot more.

Herald
User avatar
Fagorstorm
 
Posts: 13032
Likes: 275 posts
Liked in: 368 posts
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 11:47 pm
Title: Fun for the Whole Family!!


Re: DC Shocker: Marc Andreyko Takes Over Batwoman, Williams

Postby Herald » Sat Sep 07, 2013 3:13 pm

Punchy wrote:
Yep, you've got me, a poster who for years has been accused of having a Marvel Bias is actually Dan Didio!

I played the long con, and I won!


Considering that Dan has sabotaged DC so badly that many people have joked that he's a double agent for Marvel, you're not off the hook. :P

S.F. Jude Terror
User avatar
OMCTO
 
Posts: 76901
Likes: 586 posts
Liked in: 967 posts
Joined: Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:44 pm
Location: Up Your Ass
Title: Webmaster Supreme
Formerly: Dr. Jude Terror


Re: DC Shocker: Marc Andreyko Takes Over Batwoman, Williams

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Sat Sep 07, 2013 3:25 pm

Punchy wrote:
Hey, even if it's not the original issue, DC are still getting shit for it, and it's good to counteract it.


It's great to counteract it. Great for them, because it distracts from the real issue, which they are able to conveniently avoid by focusing on this.
Image
I LOVE BLUD BLOOD! - Rob Liefeld

bkthomson
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 23426
Likes: 7 posts
Liked in: 45 posts
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2008 2:14 pm
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Title: Invisible Man of the Outhouse


Re: DC Shocker: Marc Andreyko Takes Over Batwoman, Williams

Postby bkthomson » Sat Sep 07, 2013 3:56 pm

This just in because of the marriage issues of Aquaman jacque cousteau nephew will now be writing that book.
I used to have goals. They were evil goals, but they were goals. -- Dr. Heinz Doofenshmirtz

Dragavon wrote:He's being diplomatic again. :lol:

Zechs wrote:I have to repress you more. You're way too goodie two shoes.

Fat Ollie Weeks wrote:I swear to God, you are so boring sometimes I think you're just a stealth-mod-bot that Jude has coded.

Draco x
User avatar
Zombie Guard
 
Posts: 9159
Likes: 1413 posts
Liked in: 390 posts
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:51 am


Re: DC Shocker: Marc Andreyko Takes Over Batwoman, Williams

Postby Draco x » Sat Sep 07, 2013 4:29 pm

Here is what House had to say to Didio:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Lord Ice
User avatar
Motherfucker from Hell
 
Posts: 2833
Likes: 35 posts
Liked in: 152 posts
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:45 pm
Title: Deviant by design


Re: RE: DC Shocker: Marc Andreyko Takes Over Batwoman, Willi

Postby Lord Ice » Sat Sep 07, 2013 4:48 pm

FBtron wrote:Andreyko's Manhunter series is still something I like to reread from time-to-time. I definitely will check out his first issue. To me, this is some good news.



Having anyone other than Williams on any book is good news. He's one of the worst things that has ever happened to comics.
Image

Mr. Log
User avatar
rubber spoon
 
Posts: 6327
Likes: 167 posts
Liked in: 194 posts
Joined: Sat Dec 26, 2009 12:43 am
Title: Bitch, I'm fabulous
Formerly: Log-Man


Re: DC Shocker: Marc Andreyko Takes Over Batwoman, Williams

Postby Mr. Log » Sat Sep 07, 2013 4:53 pm

TimDrake'sDumbWings wrote:...Can't we just get Andreyko back on Kate Spencer Manhunter? I'd like that a lot more.


This works so well with your current avatar :lol:

Juan Cena
User avatar
DANG!
 
Posts: 33380
Likes: 137 posts
Liked in: 156 posts
Joined: Tue Nov 13, 2007 10:03 pm
Location: Nacirema
Title: The Lyrical Peyton Manning


Re: DC Shocker: Marc Andreyko Takes Over Batwoman, Williams

Postby Juan Cena » Sat Sep 07, 2013 5:00 pm

Punchy wrote:This is good PR on DC's part, as Andreyko is gay, and it will go some way to prove that DC don't actually hate homosexuals as a lot of people have misinterpreted this news as being.

Plus, his Manhunter series was 10 times better than Batwoman ever was, the man can write good female superheroes.


On the other hand, it's the most cynical move possible.
Image

"I have my heroes, but no one knows their names"
- Sons of the Desert

Strict31 wrote:I'm not sure that combining the nigh-uncontrollable power of LOLtron with the Nacireman is a good idea. Some years from now, when mankind is on the verge of extinction, we'll be able to look back and remember this moment, and say, "DANG."


http://www.shirtswithrandomtriangles.com/

Check out Christmas in Nacirema
http://www.pandora.com/?sc=sh619160960893481469&shareImp=true#!/stations/play/619160960893481469

Herald
User avatar
Fagorstorm
 
Posts: 13032
Likes: 275 posts
Liked in: 368 posts
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 11:47 pm
Title: Fun for the Whole Family!!


Re: DC Shocker: Marc Andreyko Takes Over Batwoman, Williams

Postby Herald » Sat Sep 07, 2013 5:06 pm

Juan Cena wrote:
On the other hand, it's the most cynical move possible.


Indeed.

"No matter what we do now, it's GOTTA be okay, 'cause the writer's GAY! :-D Unless, of course, he also quits the series in disgust at our heavy-handedness... :-("

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The News Stand



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: PaulSebert and 99 guests

Advertisement
cron