Saturday, December 3, 2016 • Morning Edition • "*the sound you hear when PAC-MAN dies*"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

DC Bound and Determined to Kill Any and All Momentum for Superman/Wonder Woman Series

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

User avatar

Herald

Hopscotch

Postby Herald » Sun Sep 08, 2013 4:01 pm

HNutz wrote:No, not asking for a Batman clone, just something different than "I wanted to DAAAAAAAAAAAANCE!" OR, if they were to stick with that story, then to develop it further somehow.


He also is devoted to protecting people, especially black people.

Again, not every character needs to have "MAJOR Personal Tragedy! Everyone MUST Feel Sorry for Me!!" in their backstory. That's the Dan and the Gang way of thinking, which is part of the problem with the DiDio era.

Aw, man... that's rough. I feel embarassed just reading that.

It's hard to point fingers at DC for doing something you don't like and then being unable to tell them what you DO like. (Maybe she felt pressured, I dunno)

I know it was unexpected and everything but still... not being able to say what you'd like to see doesn't help your argument any. It just makes you look like someone complaining, sight unseen, about a concept.


Sounds to me like an example of "Let's See YOU Do Better!", in which Dan and the Gang STILL lose.

Is Liz a comic book professional?? If not, then she can't be expected to explain everything she wants in a comic book, as if she was planning to write one. And let's face it, if she HAD laid out everything she wanted to see in a comic in exacting detail, they'd have put that down, anyway, so frankly, she was better off not explain it all.

And the fact remains that even non-professionals can identify that DiDio-era DC is doing things HORRIBLY wrong. Everyone who has watched enough TV and movies, or read enough novels and yes, comics, has some understanding of how story and character are supposed to work.
User avatar

Arion

Twenty-Something

Postby Arion » Sun Sep 08, 2013 6:36 pm

syxxpakk wrote:
You'd probably do better to teach draco what sarcasm is ;)


I'm a good teacher.

draco x wrote:
The question is will he use it? :-D :-D :-D


Oh, I'm sure he will.
User avatar

Alexandra Botea

FACEBOOKTron

Postby Alexandra Botea » Thu Nov 21, 2013 7:37 am

"Are you asking if you’ll see like, Superman butt shots? I’ll be sure to keep it even."
"to attract femele readers[it will be] like Twilight."
My God...Why isn't the counter reseted yet?!
User avatar

HNutz

Rain Partier

Postby HNutz » Thu Nov 21, 2013 7:58 am

Log-Man wrote:That can't be right. The Twilight audience isn't 45 years old.


Image

Atomsk

Fish-Smackin' Knight

Postby Atomsk » Fri Apr 11, 2014 5:36 pm

Mr. Log wrote:That can't be right. The Twilight audience isn't 45 years old.


The hell it isnt

Atomsk

Fish-Smackin' Knight

Postby Atomsk » Fri Apr 11, 2014 5:37 pm

Targeted towards women = its gonna suck
User avatar

Herald

Hopscotch

Postby Herald » Fri Apr 11, 2014 5:48 pm

Atomsk wrote:Targeted towards women = its gonna suck


Girl Show Ghetto

therealkorey

A Quagmire

Postby therealkorey » Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:43 pm

so do! I liked it better when Batman and Wonderwoman had a flame for each other.
User avatar

Juan Cena

DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Sun Apr 13, 2014 1:26 am

Herald wrote:
Girl Show Ghetto


Is that were Craig James kills the hookers when you post TV Tropes?
User avatar

Chessack

Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby Chessack » Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:46 am

Herald wrote:And the fact remains that even non-professionals can identify that DiDio-era DC is doing things HORRIBLY wrong. Everyone who has watched enough TV and movies, or read enough novels and yes, comics, has some understanding of how story and character are supposed to work.


If you're right that just watching/reading enough stories gives you some understanding of how story and character are supposed to work, and I agree that it should, does this by extension mean that Didio et al. haven't watched much TV, read many novels, or even read many comics? Because clearly THEY have no idea how story and character are supposed to work.
User avatar

Herald

Hopscotch

Postby Herald » Sun Apr 13, 2014 2:50 pm

Chessack wrote:
If you're right that just watching/reading enough stories gives you some understanding of how story and character are supposed to work, and I agree that it should, does this by extension mean that Didio et al. haven't watched much TV, read many novels, or even read many comics? Because clearly THEY have no idea how story and character are supposed to work.


I'd say they deliberately ignore any storytelling knowledge they've previously gleaned. :wink:
User avatar

Herald

Hopscotch

Postby Herald » Sun Apr 13, 2014 2:52 pm

Juan Cena wrote:
Is that were Craig James kills the hookers when you post TV Tropes?


And That's Terrible!

leave a comment with facebook


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 49 guests