Thursday, December 8, 2016 • Evening Edition • "Yellow journalism at its finest."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

DC Shocker: Dan Didio Doesn't Know Difference Between Batwomen

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

User avatar

habitual

Silly French Man

Postby habitual » Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:32 pm

syxxpakk wrote:Yeah, this is a stretch.


I disagree, when you're already facing credibility problems this isn't the type of sloppiness you want to deal with it.

Not a huge deal, but, still an unforced error.

Hab
User avatar

Tintin Quarantino

Rain Partier

Postby Tintin Quarantino » Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:32 pm

Zechs wrote: I have a Zechs counter?


Oops, forget I mentioned it.

Just figured they'd have told you by now
User avatar

IvCNuB4

Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:35 pm

Victorian Squid wrote:
He could have been calling her Slartibartfast for all I could tell. :smt102


:lol:
User avatar

Zechs

Outhouse Editor

Postby Zechs » Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:36 pm

Victorian Squid wrote:
Oops, forget I mentioned it.

Just figured they'd have told you by now

I demand to see this and how far I've lasted.
User avatar

Stephen Day

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby Stephen Day » Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:41 pm

syxxpakk wrote:Yeah, this is a stretch.


Agreed, Zechs is trying a little to hard with this one.
User avatar

Stephen Day

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby Stephen Day » Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:43 pm

habitual wrote:
I disagree, when you're already facing credibility problems this isn't the type of sloppiness you want to deal with it.

Not a huge deal, but, still an unforced error.

Hab


The thing is, since Kate and Kathy are basically the same name, there's an argument to be made that no error was made at all.
User avatar

Tintin Quarantino

Rain Partier

Postby Tintin Quarantino » Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:45 pm

Zechs wrote:I demand to see this and how far I've lasted.


Well its.. more of a question of how long you'll last from here, isn't it? We usually PM Jude with our new bets when the Zechs Counter is reset.

Judging from the PMs, I shouldn't have mention it. :oops:
User avatar

Herald

Hopscotch

Postby Herald » Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:52 pm

Stephen Day wrote:
The thing is, since Kate and Kathy are basically the same name, there's an argument to be made that no error was made at all.


Again, go call Howard Stern "Howie", and see his adverse reaction.

For the purposes of telling one Batwoman from the other, the old one is "Kathy" and the current one is "Kate". Dan screwed up.
User avatar

Grayson

Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:54 pm

I think everyone is missing out on the bigger picture here. Zechs was locked in a room by people representing DC. At first, he had no idea if they were ever going to let him out and then they attempted to brainwash him into their way of thinking. You can't be upset with him for wanting to blow off a little steam. The poor guy has been through enough!
User avatar

Chris

Rain Partier

Postby Chris » Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:59 pm

Stephen Day wrote:
The thing is, since Kate and Kathy are basically the same name, there's an argument to be made that no error was made at all.


If you want to split hairs, but they don't call the current Batwoman "Kathy" in the book, or in interviews, or... well, ever.... and for a good reason.
User avatar

Chris

Rain Partier

Postby Chris » Sun Sep 08, 2013 6:00 pm

As far as this goes, I don't think Dan actually doesn't know what her name is. I think he clearly just flubbed it. Kate.. Kathy.. it's close enough that it's not a big deal. But it speaks to the bigger narrative of this whole mess, and Didio's overall cluelessness.
User avatar

Herald

Hopscotch

Postby Herald » Sun Sep 08, 2013 6:06 pm

"Dah-ta, look at this."
"...DAY-ta."
"Huh??"
"My name. It is pronounced 'DAY-ta'."
"Oh??"
"You called me 'Dah-ta'."
*chuckles* "What's the difference??"

"One is my name. The other is NOT."



8)
User avatar

Grayson

Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Sun Sep 08, 2013 6:08 pm

Herald wrote:"Dah-ta, look at this."
"...DAY-ta."
"Huh??"
"My name. It is pronounced 'DAY-ta'."
"Oh??"
"You called me 'Dah-ta'."
*chuckles* "What's the difference??"

"One is my name. The other is NOT."



8)


Now, if you really want to talk about somebody splitting hairs or grasping at straws... :P
User avatar

Herald

Hopscotch

Postby Herald » Sun Sep 08, 2013 6:11 pm

Grayson wrote:
Now, if you really want to talk about somebody splitting hairs or grasping at straws... :P


Hardly. It demonstrates that getting a person's name right is indeed important. :P
User avatar

habitual

Silly French Man

Postby habitual » Sun Sep 08, 2013 6:11 pm

Stephen Day wrote:
The thing is, since Kate and Kathy are basically the same name, there's an argument to be made that no error was made at all.


There's also an argument that since two different people share the same alter ego that confusion was created were none was needed. Magnified by the fact that your credibility is already in question.

Hab

leave a comment with facebook


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 40 guests