Advertisement

Dan Didio Responds to Williams/Blackman Controversy

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Charles Sherwood Morrill
FACEBOOKTron

Liked in: 202 posts
Title: DOCILE ROBOT

RE: Dan Didio Responds to Williams/Blackman Controversy

Postby Charles Sherwood Morrill » Thu Sep 12, 2013 1:34 am

sorry but DC lost me me when they became the new DC and rewrote every title and threw away 75 years of history. The titles now are about alternate universes but they cant even admit it because the continuity is so screwed up. Hey I am gay and I was pissed when they made the Golden Age Green Lantern gay, there was no point and it took away Jade and Obsidian.

Advertisement

Zechs
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 252 posts
Title: Deposted Despot
Formerly: Blight, Deacon Frost, Heinrich Himmler of S_D

Re: RE: Dan Didio Responds to Williams/Blackman Controversy

Postby Zechs » Thu Sep 12, 2013 1:51 am

FBtron wrote:sorry but DC lost me me when they became the new DC and rewrote every title and threw away 75 years of history. The titles now are about alternate universes but they cant even admit it because the continuity is so screwed up. Hey I am gay and I was pissed when they made the Golden Age Green Lantern gay, there was no point and it took away Jade and Obsidian.

Technically it was just under thirty years of comic continuity. This isn't the first time DC wiped the stage clean and started back to "year one".

sdsichero wrote:
I especially like and admire Zechs. He's everything I wish I could be!

Dragavon wrote:Zechs... is...

Zechs...is...

I can't say it. It's too horrible. Zechs...is...not...wrong...

Draco x
Zombie Guard

Liked in: 390 posts

Postby Draco x » Thu Sep 12, 2013 1:58 am

FBtron wrote:sorry but DC lost me me when they became the new DC and rewrote every title and threw away 75 years of history. The titles now are about alternate universes but they cant even admit it because the continuity is so screwed up. Hey I am gay and I was pissed when they made the Golden Age Green Lantern gay, there was no point and it took away Jade and Obsidian.

Not to mention Jim Lee and co's idiotic idea to integrate the Wildstorm characters into the DC Universe, which nobody was asking for at all. I mean it's bad enough he cancelled the WS imprint but merging both universes was obviously something he believed the fans would like which they obviously don't for the most part.

Draco x
Zombie Guard

Liked in: 390 posts

Postby Draco x » Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:00 am

Zechs wrote:
Technically it was just under thirty years of comic continuity. This isn't the first time DC wiped the stage clean and started back to "year one".

Well at least COIE had good writing and was done in a more organized and structured manner as opposed to the rushed and half-assed hackjob Flashpoint and New 52 were.

IvCNuB4
Staff Writer

Liked in: 428 posts
Title: Stop messing with my TITLE !

Postby IvCNuB4 » Thu Sep 12, 2013 1:33 pm

FBtron wrote: Hey I am gay and I was pissed when they made the Golden Age Green Lantern gay, there was no point and it took away Jade and Obsidian.

They didn't decide to remove Jade and Obsidian because Alan is gay. Robinson decided to make Alan gay because Obsidian isn't (so far) part of the new DCU.
Victorian Squid wrote:In a DC/Marvel cross-over "all your favorite Marvel characters would catch contextually-transmitted diseases and Steph infections."

Arion
Twenty-Something

Liked in: 107 posts
Title: www.artbyarion.blogspot.com

Postby Arion » Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:55 pm

Obsidian should still be around. It doesn't make sense to have a new gay character is that means you're eliminating another gay character .

leave a comment with facebook

Previous

Return to The News Stand