Wednesday, December 7, 2016 • Morning Edition • "Hope you survive the experience!"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

The Official Outhouse All Wrestling Thread!

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

User avatar

fieldy snuts

Rain Partier

Postby fieldy snuts » Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:01 pm

And he's gone from Crow Sting to CM Punk :lol:
User avatar

Zechs

Outhouse Editor

Postby Zechs » Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:53 pm

Wow that sucks. Wait isn't JR commentating on the new WWE video game next month?
User avatar

Eric Ratcliffe

Staff Writer

Postby Eric Ratcliffe » Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:33 am

Bianco wrote:Dave Meltzer of The Wrestling Observer just released a breaking audio update, and has provided even more information on the developing story of Jim Ross announcing his retirement from WWE.

According to Meltzer, JR met with Vince McMahon in Connecticut last night, and all but a handful of Vince's inner circle had any idea why the meeting was taking place.

The reason why Jim Ross was let go from WWE was due to his inability to control Ric Flair at the WWE 2K Sports panel that took place the night before SummerSlam. As we noted earlier, there was talk of letting JR go "the minute the panel ended," as WWE felt he should have cut Flair off and regained control of the event.

Meltzer further noted that the part of the panel that drew the most heat for Flair was when he made mention of his son Reid's death and when he joked that John Cena never used to drink before they met but now he downs a six pack of beer every night.

The update went on to note that WWE is using the "retirement" excuse as a PR move to avoid major uproar over the firing of a beloved WWE talent and Hall of Famer. Meltzer stands by his belief that Ross was let go entirely due to the 2K Sports panel because just a couple weeks ago during his Q&A session in The UK, Ross said he had no plans to retire from WWE.

Another interesting note is that aside from Vince McMahon, Triple H and a couple other employees mentioning it on Twitter, no WWE wrestlers have commented on the news of JR retiring.

:smt011 Goddamnit Vince.

kingbeavis

cheese

Postby kingbeavis » Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:28 am

Shawn Michaels did a radio interview here in KC this morning to promote his outdoor show and he's appearing at the chiefs/cowboys game on Sunday.

His co-host on the outdoor show mentioned that Shawn has been getting into shape and will be appearing on Raw a few times in the next few weeks towards the end of the interview. It didn't sound like he was supposed to say that because Shawn shushed him pretty quick.
User avatar

S.F. Jude Terror

OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:57 am

kingbeavis wrote:Shawn Michaels did a radio interview here in KC this morning to promote his outdoor show and he's appearing at the chiefs/cowboys game on Sunday.

His co-host on the outdoor show mentioned that Shawn has been getting into shape and will be appearing on Raw a few times in the next few weeks towards the end of the interview. It didn't sound like he was supposed to say that because Shawn shushed him pretty quick.


Awesome!
User avatar

Bianco

Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby Bianco » Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:35 pm

S.F. Jude Terror wrote:
Awesome!


not surprised, if you want quick heat, beat up shawn michaels, especially if HHH is behind it
User avatar

syxxpakk

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby syxxpakk » Fri Sep 13, 2013 4:48 pm

Bianco wrote:
not surprised, if you want quick heat, beat up shawn michaels, especially if HHH is behind it


So you expected Shawn to show up? Because "surprise" means an unexpected or astonishing event, fact, or thing. So by not being surprised, you expected Shawn to show?

WORDS HAVE MEANINGS.

/spektred

Just kidding, BTW. This is probably funny only in my head.
User avatar

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:02 pm

Michaels trained Daniel Bryan right?

I reckon they'll have him come and side with Bryan after DBD loses at NOC, and then HHH will sic The Shield on him to really cement HHH as a bad guy, he turned on his DX buddy!
User avatar

syxxpakk

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby syxxpakk » Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:05 pm

Punchy wrote:Michaels trained Daniel Bryan right?

I reckon they'll have him come and side with Bryan after DBD loses at NOC, and then HHH will sic The Shield on him to really cement HHH as a bad guy, he turned on his DX buddy!


Kind of sort of. Danielson went to Michaels' school that Michaels owned. Rudy Boy Gonzalez did most of the actual training.
User avatar

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:08 pm

syxxpakk wrote:
Kind of sort of. Danielson went to Michaels' school that Michaels owned. Rudy Boy Gonzalez did most of the actual training.


Yeah, but they can kayfabe it up and have Michaels be DBD's mentor or whatever.
User avatar

syxxpakk

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby syxxpakk » Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:21 pm

Oh no doubt, your story-suggestion is a great one.
User avatar

syxxpakk

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby syxxpakk » Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:23 pm

Oh no doubt, your story-suggestion is a great one.
User avatar

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:24 pm

syxxpakk wrote:Oh no doubt, your story-suggestion is a great one.


Yeah, I'm really liking the way WWE is having the kayfabe reality veer much closer to real life these days. It's only 2 or 3 degrees removed.

HHH is basically acting like how the Internet thinks he is.
User avatar

Bianco

Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby Bianco » Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:16 pm

syxxpakk wrote:
So you expected Shawn to show up? Because "surprise" means an unexpected or astonishing event, fact, or thing. So by not being surprised, you expected Shawn to show?

WORDS HAVE MEANINGS.

/spektred

Just kidding, BTW. This is probably funny only in my head.


I think i've been on here to long, i actually followed that :smt017

still i'm sure they will also bring in Regal at some point to get slaughtered by the shield, since he had a hand in helping DB.

what would be funny if they force the Big Show to do it and he starts crying again since he beat the crap out of Regal last year for being Shemaus's friend
User avatar

Juan Cena

DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:43 pm

Bianco wrote:
not surprised, if you want quick heat, beat up shawn michaels, especially if HHH is behind it



Considering that Cena's out, WWE could probably use some quick heat.

leave a comment with facebook


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: FaceBook [Linkcheck], Glaeken, GLX, Google [Bot], Popeye McFly and 41 guests